PJ's in public?

Options

Replies

• creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    So we agree, there's no real justification for your dislike of kitten-covered pants?

People are hurling insults around like "lazy" and "gave up on life" and I just wonder why the material the clothing is made of makes such a difference.

She claimed that if a pair of pants has kittens on them, that makes a "big difference"

I see no difference, and cannot understand why any of you do either.

I don't think the fabric is the issue, it is the fact that PJ's are obviously PJ's.

It is the same as when people here on the forums post pics in a bikini and in a bra and panties.
    Usually the bra and panties cover more, but that is unacceptable because of what they are and where they are supposed to be worn and shown.

And to clarify, I never said anything was wrong with wearing PJ's out in public. I just can't do it. I feel uncomfortable being out in public wearing them, they are my hanging out at home clothes.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    And yes, if I see someone out in pajama pants or anything that resembles pajamas I do think they're not trying and yes, they're lazy because it takes two minutes to throw on a pair of jeans and a shirt.

it takes the exact same amount of time to put on pajama pants and a pajama shirt, as it does to put on a pair of jeans and a shirt you approve of.

My point was, and is, the only distinction between the clothes we label as pajamas and the clothes we label as appropriate for street wear is the type of fabric used. One kind of cotton raises judgments (and plenty of hostility, if this thread is any indicator) and one kind of cotton is perfectly fine. The line is arbitrary.

Boy..................you guys really don't like having your opinions questioned.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I saw a dude wearing fleece lined slippers - the flip flop looking kind with no backs - on the treadmill. I kept thinking he was gonna trip.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I used to just put a coat on over my night dress and put jogging bottoms on if we were going to our 24 hour store late at night. Now I make sure Im dressed and have make up on first! Iv gone to put rubbish in our bin when its outside our front door for collection in my onesie - but no one is ever around so its ok lol
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Wait, what about pajama jeans?

:laugh:
  • TxLdy3
    TxLdy3 Posts: 31
    Options
    i would NEVER, EVER , EVER wear PJ's or anything that looked like PJ's in public
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    So we agree, there's no real justification for your dislike of kitten-covered pants?

People are hurling insults around like "lazy" and "gave up on life" and I just wonder why the material the clothing is made of makes such a difference.

She claimed that if a pair of pants has kittens on them, that makes a "big difference"

I see no difference, and cannot understand why any of you do either.

I don't think the fabric is the issue, it is the fact that PJ's are obviously PJ's.

It is the same as when people here on the forums post pics in a bikini and in a bra and panties.
    Usually the bra and panties cover more, but that is unacceptable because of what they are and where they are supposed to be worn and shown.

And to clarify, I never said anything was wrong with wearing PJ's out in public. I just can't do it. I feel uncomfortable being out in public wearing them, they are my hanging out at home clothes.

Personal preference of not wearing them in public is completely fine. Its the high and mighty ones that are judging everyone by appearance is what I take issue with. Saying anyone who wears them in public doesn't care about themselves, is dirty, or should be belittled is disturbing.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options

You just wrinkled my brain.
  • twomadogs
    twomadogs Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My wife is Chinese, and we lived in China for a while before moving back to Brisbane, Many older women wear pj's outside in China and its very acceptable,I don't think its lazy, Chinese women are very particular about their appearance and have special pj's for wearing when other people are around.
    Here in Australia its just for indoor wear, although my wife wears her's in the garden sometimes.

Just depends on where you live and the local culture I think,

Cheers , Ian.
  • 84woolf
    84woolf Posts: 153
    Options
    And yes, if I see someone out in pajama pants or anything that resembles pajamas I do think they're not trying and yes, they're lazy because it takes two minutes to throw on a pair of jeans and a shirt.

it takes the exact same amount of time to put on pajama pants and a pajama shirt, as it does to put on a pair of jeans and a shirt you approve of.

My point was, and is, the only distinction between the clothes we label as pajamas and the clothes we label as appropriate for street wear is the type of fabric used. One kind of cotton raises judgments (and plenty of hostility, if this thread is any indicator) and one kind of cotton is perfectly fine. The line is arbitrary.

Boy..................you guys really don't like having your opinions questioned.

Ahh, okay - I know your type.

Ps - I have no problem being "questioned..." Just not over something so silly & trivial.
  • Ivian_
    Options
    pajama_jeans_01.jpg

:flowerforyou:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

Since I wear pj's to bed and would be rolling out of bed to go to the store in the pj's. Your comment is invalid.

I don't give a rats *kitten* about the type of fabric you are wearing because guess what? I can't tell! But if you're wearing something that has kittens licking ice cream cones, bright yellow pants with happy turtles on them or anything that resembles any kind of PJ pant then it's a f*cking PJ pant!

And to go back to your last line: You're right. You don't like your opinions questioned.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options

if you wear them, it's clearly a sign that you have no self esteem.
    strangers should stone you, and laugh behind your back.
    children shoud avert their eyes.

CLOTHES ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS.
  • JessiC1984
    JessiC1984 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    One kind of cotton raises judgments (and plenty of hostility, if this thread is any indicator)
    I read the whole thread, haven't seen "plenty of hostility" if I do say so myself.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Overall I think it's sloppy. If I am just running in for 1 thing and I will be in and out in a few minutes, I may just leave my jams on. But, if I'm going to a store and I know I'm going to be there for a half hour or have several stops to make, I will change clothes.
  • Ivian_
    Options

if you wear them, it's clearly a sign that you have no self esteem.
    strangers should stone you, and laugh behind your back.
    children shoud avert their eyes.

CLOTHES ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Crap. How am I going to walk to my car now?! :sad:
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    pajama_jeans_01.jpg

:flowerforyou:

Well isn't that a sticky wicket?
  • Ivian_
    Options
    33866182.jpg

You're welcome.
  • queenbear5
    queenbear5 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    When my mom was dying from brain cancer I often did my grocery shopping in my flannel pajama pants. I did so for several months after she passed, as well. When life gets put into perspective, you realize the clothes you're wearing really don't matter. Sometimes a person needs the extra comfort.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    One kind of cotton raises judgments (and plenty of hostility, if this thread is any indicator)
    I read the whole thread, haven't seen "plenty of hostility" if I do say so myself.

Only from the very first page,
    we have:

embarrassing
    a personal affront
    it says "I've given up"
    lazy (three times)
    ridiculous
    "makes me angry"
    lack fashion sense
    no respect for self
    inappropriate
    ghetto
    and "have some class"

Those comments go on for ten more pages.
    Those comments are about clothes.

That's what I was referring to.