PJ's in public?

Options

Replies

• ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've seen out in public that has offended me recently is my neighbor coming out of his house in his boxer shorts and house slippers...nothing else....mind you, I've never met the guy before...his wife and daughter were standing in my driveway talking about our dogs...and he comes out to join us all...
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Yep.... you definately don't live in rural Iowa, do you...
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it, but I don't really care if other people do.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Totally read that title wrong, now I am disappointed.

And girls in PJ's for some reason is so very sexy... like the photo alexbusnello just put up.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Pajamas should be worn at home and lets keep scrubs at the workplace, please. Its tacky.

so I should have to hide on my way to and from work because of what I am required to wear to work?
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    If it's a lace teddy I think it's ok.

^^^This is true. I often wear lingerie to go grocery shopping. But sloppy PJs? No way.
  • Crystle85
    Options
    i love this thread.

:heart:

People who do not care what you think have ruined your day by not attempting to impress you.

Here you went and got dressed, probably in nice new clothes, to fit your nice new body that you've been working so hard for. You did your hair. You checked your reflection. Put on your face, some deodorant, probably even cologne. You're wearing nice shoes. You don't have dirt under your fingernails.

and that guy in WalMart in that picture up there

just doesn't give two fVcks. he has power over you and he doesn't even care. He's the honey badger of your shopping experience. He's the forum troll of the real life.

get over yourselves, LOL. pjs are seriously your first world problem?

I :heart: you. ^^^

As I was reading through this I was gearing up to say something of the same nature. Some people are so pathetic, as long as someone isn't smeared in *kitten* or walking around naked, why the flip do any of you care what they look like? Deal with your own issues, and quit worrying about what other people's issues might be just because they wore their PJ's in public.
  • rougecrayon
    Options
    Laziness at best? Giving up on life?

You are making judgements based on a piece of clothing!!

To those who can tell the difference between "Trying to be cute" and a medical condition. Let me tell you you cannot. I have been sick for the past 8 year with a Chronic illness, and oftentimes at my worst, friends tell me how great I look.

Well, as long as the pajamas are being worn by someone in pain, but if you are just comfy...**** YOU!

Why are people so angry at menial things?

To answer creech's question though - I have no problem wearing PJ's in public! Though I agree with another poster here, I don't think I'd feel comfortable wearing a nightgown!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    It doesn't make someone a complete slob or lazy just because they're wearing their pajamas in public. I've done it plenty of times and I don't care. I don't want to put on makeup or get dressed after 8 PM just because I need some milk, toilet paper, a snack.

Don't say "I don't want to get dressed to go buy something after 8 PM" right after claiming you aren't lazy. I'm pretty sure that's the definition of lazy.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I wear my jammies out sometimes. I don't understand why anyone would be bothered by my appearance so I don't change if I just need to run out for a bit. If people are offended when they look at me (which is ridiculous), they can look away.

Part of it is laziness too. My sister called the other day when I just got in the door to ask if I could pick her up and bring her over. I had just spent a minute getting one of my feet out of my high top cons so I just left with one foot shoed and one foot socked.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options

Also, I'd much rather a guy wear pj's or sweats in public than skinny jeans.

Ha ha, so true!

I've just been out in my PJ's and slippers, I didn't get out of the car though. I'd feel silly being seen out in public in my pink checked PJ bottoms but each to their own!
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    33860724.jpg
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    People who do not care what you think have ruined your day by not attempting to impress you.

Here you went and got dressed, probably in nice new clothes, to fit your nice new body that you've been working so hard for. You did your hair. You checked your reflection. Put on your face, some deodorant, probably even cologne. You're wearing nice shoes. You don't have dirt under your fingernails.

just doesn't give two fVcks. he has power over you and he doesn't even care. He's the honey badger of your shopping experience. He's the forum troll of the real life.

So much wrong with this insipid post ...

#1 - It doesn't ruin anyone's day to see people wearing pajamas in public. At most it's a minor annoyance. Irritating but insignificant, like an insect.

#2 - Dressing well is not about trying to impress other people. It's about having a sense of pride in yourself. If you don't think how you present yourself speaks volumes about who you are, you're living in denial.

#3 - Nobody said anything about dressing to the nines to go to Walmart ... just that it might be more appropriate to take a few seconds to switch out your flannel pants for a pair of jeans if it suddenly occurs to you that you need some toilet paper.

#4 - No one wearing pajamas and slippers to Walmart has power over me or anyone else. I think that's pretty obvious.
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I am not saying I am pro/con PJ's in public...but...I work in the medical field, wear scrubs to work. What is the difference between wearing scrub pants in public vs "pajama bottoms"? Most of my pajama bottoms are nicer and of better quaility than my work clothes...

My hubby doesn't change out of his scrubs after I pick him up from work to go have dinner or go grocery shopping. And before the germaphobes go completely ape crap, he works in a sterilized OR. When I worked @ the hospital, I wouldn't change either. Unless of course we're covered in blood or other bodily fluids. But for the most part, we're sanitized from head to toe given the department we work/worked in.

And plus 1 on the crappy quality of scrubs. My sweat pants, which is what I usually sleep in, are 100x better quality!
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    The jokes on all of you because my yoga pants are my pajamas!

THIS! Thank you!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options

#2 - Dressing well is not about trying to impress other people. It's about having a sense of pride in yourself. If you don't think how you present yourself speaks volumes about who you are, you're living in denial.

The person comfortable enough with themselves to be comfortable in public

has better self esteem

and more self confidence

than ANY individual who wanders around obsessed about what everyone else is wearing.

judging other people based on their choice in fabric coverings for their body "speaks volumes" about a person's character
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I feel the need to point out a few things that make this whole thing even more ridiculous...

The OP stated that she had just changed into her PJ's...so from this I deduce they were clean. This makes the "anyone wearing PJ's in public is a dirty slob" agrument kinda invalid.

Many, many people I know do not wash their jeans every time they wear them. In fact, many high end clothing companies reccommend you do NOT wash them with every wear to maintain color and appearance. So people are already walking around in dirty *kitten* pants.

Yoga pants or sweats are ok but flannel pants aren't? Can I wear a tee shirt? If we are getting techinical I sleep in my tee shirts...and go out in public in them too!

Lastly...I love that everyone is so dang judgemental based on other people's clothing choices. You don't know people's circumstances. I had a friend whose house burned down in the middle of the night. All she had on was her pajamas. She had to go shopping for new clothing as is...jammies and dirty from watching her house burn down. She looked like hell and got dirty looks...none of which was her fault.

I don't care what people chose to wear out in public...it simply doesn't affect me.
  • shanster23
    shanster23 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    So people can't go shopping in jammies cause that means they haven't showered, but they can go shopping in exercise clothes? Pretty sure they're going to be a lot smellier and less clean after exercising than after sleeping ;)

Wearing jammies out in public means you have a lack of respect for yourself? Not really. It means that either I'm a) tired, b) hungover, c) comfortable enough with myself to wear what I want and damn what anyone else thinks... if I'm happy enough to wear pyjamas then I sure as hell am not going to get dressed just to appease some judgemental people :)

I keep a clean bed, I wash my pyjamas regularly. They're probably cleaner than my outdoor shoes, jeans, outdoor jacket, etc. which have many more opportunities to collect grime than my pyjamas do!
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    i love this thread.

:heart:

get over yourselves, LOL. pjs are seriously your first world problem?

Hell yes! (to the response I mean, I LOVE THIS!!)