PJ's in public?

Options

Replies

• RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    PJs in public maybe if you're headed to the ER or Walmart, given what I've seen in Walmart the couple of times I've been there.
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    If i'm going outside with the dog for his night pee, if i'm bringing the garbage to the chute in my apartment building, if i'm going to see bf's mom 3 floors up and if I need to go to the convenience store across the yard in the building in front of mine, I won't change for a 2 minutes activity, i'll keep my pj.

But if I was going to the grocery store across the street, restaurant or any other activity that took more time, I would get dressed up.

^ Basically that. ^ Walking the dog, and throwing out garbage.... I could care less what I'm wearing, anything else... I care slightly more.
    And by dressed up I mean showered and wearing clean clothes.... they may just be sweatpants
  • Fit_NYC_
    Options
    Misread the title, moving along.

This.

Oh man... almost spilled water all over my desk!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Every so often I go out in PJs, but it's usually only if the fiance and I need something from the 24 hour grocery store at like 3 in the morning.
  • carloc
    carloc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    This is gonna sound kinda mean, but when I see someone in PJ's in public...I think "really??? you couldn't be bothered to take off your sleeping pants and put on clothes??? did you just give up on life?"

I know that is super judgemental...but I can't stand it. That and house shoes in public.

Agree completely, its lazliness at its best. And if they are out in public with PJ's did they even bother to shower. And, if they have make up on, are they trying to make a social comment. Laziness.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    How hard is it to put some real pants on? Really.

PJs in public is one of my pet peeves. I don't think it's cute, it makes you look lazy and unclean.
  • missyeighmy
    missyeighmy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes I Wear lounge pants and t-shirts and slippers out all the time it is really hard for me to get around with all of my medical conditions and I wear slippers because my feet swell so bad from my heart condition I can't get them into normal shoes I would love to be able to wear normal shoes but I can't without severe pain , I am not lazy and I have not given up on myself or I wouldn't be on here trying to lose weight it has been a struggle with everything else in my life . I guess some people do wear them for no reason butnot all . I'm 40 yrs old and not wearing them to offend anyone , I guess just like anything else people might not want to judge a book by its cover . I wish I wasn't sick and could wear normal clothes n shoes everyday like I use to. Oh how I hope that day will come again for me but until then would hope that people wouldn't judge me and make me feel bad for not being able to all the time . Sorry :(
  • missyeighmy
    Options
    And yes I do shower with help and put my pajamas or lounge clothes on and slippers after showering that is sad that you would be this judgemental without knowing someone's life :(
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Yes I Wear lounge pants and t-shirts and slippers out all the time it is really hard for me to get around with all of my medical conditions and I wear slippers because my feet swell so bad from my heart condition I can't get them into normal shoes I would love to be able to wear normal shoes but I can't without severe pain , I am not lazy and I have not given up on myself or I wouldn't be on here trying to lose weight it has been a struggle with everything else in my life . I guess some people do wear them for no reason butnot all . I'm 40 yrs old and not wearing them to offend anyone , I guess just like anything else people might not want to judge a book by its cover . I wish I wasn't sick and could wear normal clothes n shoes everyday like I use to. Oh how I hope that day will come again for me but until then would hope that people wouldn't judge me and make me feel bad for not being able to all the time . Sorry :(

^^^^^^this^^^^ my fellow friends is one of the BIGGEST reasons i do not judge people u never know what they got going on! shame on all of you thats my opinion to all of your negative opinions!
  • missyeighmy
    Options
    This is gonna sound kinda mean, but when I see someone in PJ's in public...I think "really??? you couldn't be bothered to take off your sleeping pants and put on clothes??? did you just give up on life?"

I know that is super judgemental...but I can't stand it. That and house shoes in public.

Agree completely, its lazliness at its best. And if they are out in public with PJ's did they even bother to shower. And, if they have make up on, are they trying to make a social comment. Laziness.
  • Fit_NYC_
    Options
    PJ's at 6:30am, walking a dog in an empty park across the street is.... I don't give a rat *kitten* what others think...

Beyond that, get your lazy *kitten* in the shower and put on some clean clothes.
    I still don't care what others think, but it's the principle.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I agree with you PJ's are for in the house and in all honesty I silently mock those that wear their PJ's in public regularly. IE. Highschool kids... they do it ALL the time.
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I work retail overnight so this is really nothing new to me. I see it all the time. I don't mind if people com in in something like sleep pants and slippers but some types of pjs are only meant to be seen by you and your significant other.
  • sfgonzales
    sfgonzales Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer going out in public with NO pants on. I dunno, it's just my thing.
  • reese307
    reese307 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    yea i cannot wear pj's in public...UGH!!! Its takes 2 minutes to put a pair of jeans on or jogging pants!
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options

^^^^^^this^^^^ my fellow friends is one of the BIGGEST reasons i do not judge people u never know what they got going on! shame on all of you thats my opinion to all of your negative opinions!

I think that most people can tell the difference between someone wearing slippers and pj clothes because of a medical condition and those that simply don't care anymore.
    Walmart - those teen & 20 year olds wearing what they think to be "cute" pajama pants and slippers...that's not for medical reasons. Especially if there is more than one in a group! THOSE people just make me shake my head.

I will simply NOT go anywhere outside of my house without a bra on. I don't have big knockers (or even medium-sized knockers), but I just CAN'T! Therefore, I will never be caught dead going anywhere in my PJ's since I'm already having to put on a bra - I might as well make the extra 10 second effort to put pants on.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Once in a while if I'm in a hurry before i get ready for the day and have to go to Target or something, ill go with my pj flannel pants and a hoodie. Im not gonna spend 20 minutes getting ready just so people dont "judge" me....thats kinda crazy.

Im comfortable doing it so thats all that matters. For those that dont like it...dont look at me. :flowerforyou: Simple
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    If it's Walmart it's fine.... ;)

QFT If you don't believe this, just either spend some time on www.peopleofwalmart.com or visit a WalMart for yourself...here's one of my most recent sitings:

POWM_zps56951b0f.jpg

I'm going to edit to add...these people did not have any medical issues, they were just worried about what pizza to get. AND, I don't care if you wear pj's, sweats, yoga pants, or underwear in public...just don't wear something that looks like you got it out of your wife's closet.

Also, I'd much rather a guy wear pj's or sweats in public than skinny jeans.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I agree, PJ's should only be for around the house!

The closest I've gotten to that state is getting up, realising I need milk at the shop (literally less than 1 minute walk) for breakfast. Sling the first top I see on, usually the one I wore the day before. Trackies. First pair of shoes that I find that just slip on. Coat. Hair up and I'm fine. Any thing else that's more than the corner shop, I'd at least have to put fresh clothes on and brush my hair! lol
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    i love this thread.

:heart:

People who do not care what you think have ruined your day by not attempting to impress you.

Here you went and got dressed, probably in nice new clothes, to fit your nice new body that you've been working so hard for. You did your hair. You checked your reflection. Put on your face, some deodorant, probably even cologne. You're wearing nice shoes. You don't have dirt under your fingernails.

and that guy in WalMart in that picture up there

just doesn't give two fVcks. he has power over you and he doesn't even care. He's the honey badger of your shopping experience. He's the forum troll of the real life.

get over yourselves, LOL. pjs are seriously your first world problem?