PJ's in public?

Options

Replies

• shanster23
    shanster23 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    It's not for me. I can't help but find it lazy. I think people that do it think they're being oh so cool.

I saw a girl in her 20's in a onesie in Costco shopping with her parents, she looked utterly ridiculous, not cute or cool.

Depends on the onesie! Normal ones, whatever.
    The ones that are like animals/characters, though - why not! We have onesie parties where that's just what you wear so if you have to go to the shop then you have to go to the shop as a cow or a penguin or whatever lol :)
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I saw a 40ish year old woman in PJs at Safeway in the middle of the day yesterday. And slippers. And a robe.

Worst part is they were different patterns that didn't match. That's just wrong.

But her hair and makeup were done. What?

*edit to say..."Hair" not "Har"..:grumble:

That right there reminds me of The Dude
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem with PJ's in public is that you are wearing these things into your bed and now you are going out in them and then you are going to wear them again in bed...kinda gross! Same with house slippers but I'm one of those who doesn't wear my shoes in the house because of all the crap they collect outdoors. I also NEVER put my purse on the table or kitchen counter because it too collects a lot of nasty stuff in it's life cycle. Call me crazy or just plain weird but I like to keep the public germs to a minimum in my home if I can.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I am not saying I am pro/con PJ's in public...but...I work in the medical field, wear scrubs to work. What is the difference between wearing scrub pants in public vs "pajama bottoms"? Most of my pajama bottoms are nicer and of better quaility than my work clothes...
  • dmchiz
    dmchiz Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Last Sunday night I was in bed and realized I hadn't returned my movies...so yup, I ran out in pjs and threw them in the slot outside the store...would it help if I said they were crotchless? they weren't but I'll say it if is more acceptable.

Bahahahhaa!!!
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I feel the same PJ's should be at home... and when out at hotels and such... Please dress before coming down for breakfast!! This is not your kitchen or your home... I do not want to look at your saggy body drapped in thin material while you make and reach for breakfast items.... and at the very least... brush your teeth and hair before!

Rant done... :drinker:
  • 52in13
    52in13 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am ashamed, but I have to admit that I put on my hubby's fuzzy pajama pants to take the dog for a walk the other night. I would never wear my own, but for some reason, his dark blue plaid pants in the dark in my own neighborhood didn't bother me.

But I am with you, I can't wear pj's in public.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Wow where I live, people would possibly start photographing you if you appeared like that. :)
    I never even see tracksuits.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I don't do it. Which leads me to being kind of jealous at the hordes of young girls that attend the community college I go to who DO it AND make it look good.

I wouldn't look good or fashionably tousled. I'd be covered in cat hair, speckled with coffee stains, and have hair that sticks out like I'd just stuck a fork into an electrical outlet.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    But personally I couldn't make that choice because I don't have any, so it's clothes or nothing.

^^ This
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    When I was a student, I worked in a hotel bar to pay my rent and food - I usually got home about 3am.

I got up at 8am to get the paper from the local shop (about 5 mins walk across a busy road) If I didn't get the paper, they would be all gone, bought by people who were returning home from church and I looooooved my Sunday paper. Yes, I went to the shops in my PJs and usually wellies as they were easy to slip on and off. After a few weeks, the staff didn't even blink.

When I got back home, I got back into my still warm bed, spread the papers out and usually went back to sleep after an hour of reading.

It didn't mean I was lazy or giving up on life or any of the negative things that people have said on here. In fact, it was a perfect way to spend a quite Sunday after a busy week. Sometimes it is a practical solution to a temporary problem, no more, no less.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I can't do it either.

No PJ's in public for me.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    i look like hell even if i dress up

so why bother? seriously?

i get off work (where i wear pjs, because i'm just paid to sleep on someone's couch) at 5-6am, go to the store to grab a bite to eat, and go home to go back to bed. I'm not going to put on nice clothes, brush my hair, do my make-up just to impress a bunch of judgmental *kitten* who are also poor, lifeless ba$tards shopping at walmart at 5am.

i think this is just a poor, ugly people sentiment, though

because all the other pj wearing fools are, like me, poor and ugly.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    IMO, I wouldn't do it. It's not that hard to change into sweats or yoga pants or leggings (which is what I do).

It's more what we used to do in high school cause we thought it was cute. It's not.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I guess the reason I dont like it is because it seems like you are just advertising the fact that you didn't shower. No one wakes up, showers, puts on jammies and heads out the door. It's a roll out of bed look.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Only if I was hungover. PJ's and sunglasses inside.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    i look like hell even if i dress up

so why bother? seriously?

i get off work (where i wear pjs, because i'm just paid to sleep on someone's couch) at 5-6am, go to the store to grab a bite to eat, and go home to go back to bed. I'm not going to put on nice clothes, brush my hair, do my make-up just to impress a bunch of judgmental *kitten* who are also poor, lifeless ba$tards shopping at walmart at 5am.

i think this is just a poor, ugly people sentiment, though

because all the other pj wearing fools are, like me, poor and ugly.

Wow, you have a great attitude. I don't "put myself together" for other people. I do it because I take pride in the way I look when going out to interact with the other members of my species.
  • johnsonB2
    johnsonB2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    OMG.. I totally cannot stand to see people out in their PJ's!! To me it's saying that if you hadn't bothered to get dressed then you probably hadn't taken a shower either.
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I'll go out in my exercise clothes but not in sweats or PJs...nuh uh, not me. I laugh at folks at Wal Mart, it's like they don't have a mirror at all :)
  • vmdave
    vmdave Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It speaks volumes to the type of person you are it is not laid back its just plain sad. Screaming I give up and I don't want to take care of myself.