PJ's in public?

Options

Replies

• aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Depends on what constitutes PJ's. Like sweat pants and a T-shirt I don't see the big deal. If it's a nightgown then yeah probably change. Haha.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    There's contexts where it's acceptable. Here in the northeast, a lot of kids play hockey, and it's perfectly normal for the kids to show up at the rink in flannel PJ pants. One of my sons is a goaltender, and he wears his flannel pants under his goalie pads, rather than deal with the hassle of thigh high hockey socks and a garter belt. Personally, I wont even go outside in sweats, but for kids around the rinks, I'd say PJ pants are the most popular attire.
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    If it's Walmart it's fine.... ;)
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    No PJs in public...its tacky!!!!
  • kpbs68
    kpbs68 Posts: 20
    Options
    It makes me angry to see people wearing PJs in public. I have even seen people wearing slippers! How lazy can you get??:angry::grumble: :explode:

In defence of my hubby that will ware his slippers out, at the end of the day or on the weekend his feet are killing him and swollen and shoes hurt his feet. He works 12 to 14 hours a day on his feet in workboots on cement floors, so I will let him when his feet are swollen
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    There are just somethings that are not meant as public wear. PJs are definately on the list.

I agree, I can't do it either. I have a tough time wearing sweatpants (sweatpant sweapants, the type I wear when I'm home alone and having a "fat" day lol, not yoga pants or workout pants) around my boyfriend let alone PJs out where people can see me. It takes 5 seconds to throw a pair of jeans on
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Misread the title, moving along.
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Woh...you people are getting pretty hostile about people wearing their pajamas in public. Lol. I can understand not wanting to see people wear pajamas at a nice restaurant, but if it's late at night and someone needs to run to the store I don't think they need to be shamed.

It doesn't make someone a complete slob or lazy just because they're wearing their pajamas in public. I've done it plenty of times and I don't care. I don't want to put on makeup or get dressed after 8 PM just because I need some milk, toilet paper, a snack.

Way to be over dramatic about what SOMEBODY else is wearing. LOL!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

:drinker:
  • Fannyannefeisty
    Options
    I think Tescos banned people wearing pyjamas in their stores! :drinker:
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    o.O PJs? Mine are boxers... and yes i have gone to the mailbox in them, stood on the front porch and smoked in them.....

In the wonderful words of Mel Gibson.....

FREEEEDOOMMMMMMMMM
  • LitaRose77
    LitaRose77 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The only time my PJs make it out the door is if I am stepping outside to get my mail (box is on the house, next to door) or out in the backyard to let the dog out (Privacy fence = FTW).

I can't stand the people who wear their PJs in public. Lounge pants too, really. I mean, hello? We know they're your sleep clothes folks, c'mon! It is just sloppy looking IMO. I have no issues with sweats, but PJs belong at home. Um yeah, slippers? Seriously? Don't you own a pair of canvas shoes or clogs, crocs, anything? I purposely wear slippers at home to keep down the amount of dirt tracked through the house. (That & I can't stand stepping on cat litter that the furbabies track out in between sweepings. Not to mention the whole keep you feet warm thing.)

Bottom line, if you are going to be out in public, (Yes, Walmart counts as public!!), take the time to be presentable & NOT look like your care package just came in!!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I run a convenience store. I've seen everyone from pj's, swim suits, shirtless grass cutters, you name it. Do I care? Nope, because their dollars spend just as well as the man in the tailored suit.
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    wow alot of haters on the pjs. if im going to the store to get one thing (in and out) and its late, i dnt give a flying hippo what ppl think. i wear dress clothes and slacks all day and if i get home and get comfy and realize oh **** i forgot (whatever it was) i am not getting out of my sweats and oversized shirt or tank top to run to the store for 10 min. ya i may be lazy, but i am not judgemental. then again i am in my early 20s and i really dont care what ppl think or say about me or what i wear. now if im going to go shopping for an hour or 2 in the middle of the day hells ya im going to put on real clothes. just my opinion.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    If i'm going outside with the dog for his night pee, if i'm bringing the garbage to the chute in my apartment building, if i'm going to see bf's mom 3 floors up and if I need to go to the convenience store across the yard in the building in front of mine, I won't change for a 2 minutes activity, i'll keep my pj.

But if I was going to the grocery store across the street, restaurant or any other activity that took more time, I would get dressed up.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's too much to ask to change out of PJs into jeans or sweatpants. But that having been said, I was sick a few weeks ago and so were my husband and two kids. After a week of taking care of three sick boys and two days of being sick myself, I didn't have a whole lot of give a *kitten* left in me. So once we put the kids to bed, I threw my trench coat on over my PJs and ducked into CVS to return a DVD to Redbox. Not my proudest moment, but hey...
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Woh...you people are getting pretty hostile about people wearing their pajamas in public. Lol. I can understand not wanting to see people wear pajamas at a nice restaurant, but if it's late at night and someone needs to run to the store I don't think they need to be shamed.

It doesn't make someone a complete slob or lazy just because they're wearing their pajamas in public. I've done it plenty of times and I don't care. I don't want to put on makeup or get dressed after 8 PM just because I need some milk, toilet paper, a snack.

Way to be over dramatic about what SOMEBODY else is wearing. LOL!

This. Sometimes I work 14 days in a row and on that 15th day, I just don't give a f*
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    My wife wouldn't get caught dead in public like that.

I'm lazy as f*** and wear whatever, wherever (I wore shorts, slippers, and a hoodie to work today and it was 9 degrees out because that's what I wore to bed and I didn't want to have to change for casual friday).

To each their own.
  • paintedlady77
    paintedlady77 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I won't lie I used to wear my PJ's in public in college. But, I only used to do that when I had to drive a friend to Walmart and it was like 3am. Otherwise, I say no to wearing PJ's in public.
    Yup! For late night beer runs and showing up for 8am exams!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options

This.