PJ's in public?

Options

Replies

• carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I admit it.... I've worn pj pants int public with a tshirt or hoodie. Most of the time it was a late night run to get medicine or late night food. But my pj pants are far more conservative than the tight workout pants that I've been to the store in.
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I love my pajamas and would live in them if I could, but I can't because there is a real world out there and I don't want people to think I am giving up on at least trying to look presentable.
  • fougamou
    fougamou Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I also don't like it when people wear their PJ to the hotel breakfast. Really? can't you get dressed before coming down to eat?
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    It makes me angry to see people wearing PJs in public. I have even seen people wearing slippers! How lazy can you get??:angry::grumble: :explode:

Maybe they had a sore foot and slippers were all they could tolerate.

Live and Let Live .... a good slogan to live by.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Haven't figured out this fashion statement yet, myself. I have redressed to run out in the middle of the night to get something, rather than be seen in my pj's. The closest I ever came was wearing slippers everywhere for a few weeks and the only reason I did that was I broke one of my toes and couldn't put regular shoes on.
  • shanster23
    shanster23 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    On a normal day I wouldn't dream of it, but there have been times at the past where I've stayed at a friends after a party and when we're super hungover all we're thinking about is FOOD lol and we waste no time getting dressed, when we're that hungover & hungry we just head straight on out! Hungover food shopping in pyjamas is the best!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Last Sunday night I was in bed and realized I hadn't returned my movies...so yup, I ran out in pjs and threw them in the slot outside the store...would it help if I said they were crotchless? they weren't but I'll say it if is more acceptable.
  • jaicatt
    jaicatt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ditto-no PJs in public. A friend once said that keeping a nice appearance--not meaning expensive clothes, just meaning neat, clean, well-kept--is a way to care for others and show that you care; they're the ones looking at you.
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    When I see someone wearing pajama bottoms at the store it doesn't bother me nearly as much as when I see people also wearing slippers! ew, the germs!
  • genericaroar
    genericaroar Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Are we talking like matching flannel top and bottoms or what here? The onesie thing is extreme and a sorry attempt at getting attention if you ask me. I wear sweats to the store all the time...
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My PJ's are retardedly short nightie with zebra print and matching hotpants. I like to think I wear it ironicaly but if anyone apart from my significant otter saw me in that outfit.. or onesie or any form of pj's i'd burn from all the embarassment. I feel bad if i go out in yoga pants also O.O
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Last night I had just gotten comfortable (put on my PJ bottoms and slippers) and my daughter wanted me to go to the store with her. I told her I would have to put clothes back on. She said to go in my PJ's.

I just can't do that. I can wear sweats, mini skirts, short shorts out in public. But I just can't wear PJ's out in public. I consider them around the house clothing, not public clothing.

Am I odd? Is it just me? Are there things you wear at home but can't wear in public? I know some people have no problem wearing PJ's out and about, but I just can't do it.

What is the opinion?

Of course you're not an oddball. I never have and never will in public, but I do have friends who comfortably have and sometimes do, remaining within their vehicles of choice though - to attend to an emergency [usually for the children] in the early hours.

For those who do in public - I simply take a note of the fact that they are and I simply leave it at that.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yep, dirtballs do that.
  • RosaC773
    RosaC773 Posts: 126
    Options
    PJs in Public = No shower. Nasty!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Wow. Where I live, it's pretty common to see men, women, boys and girls all in their pjs at the grocery store or Starbucks or something like that. I see it all the time, although, I don't do it.

But, I do drop off my kids at school in my pjs. I don't leave the car, I just stop, they get out, and I keep moving.

Instead to pjs, if I'm going to the store, I'll put on sweat pants. Somehow, that's acceptable. Same thing though, IMO, especially if I slept in my sweat pants. Lol.
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I did during college but it was more about not having other laundry that was clean and no money to do laundry. In fact, a lot of ppl did but it was more of a to class, to the library, to the cafeteria thing. I don't think I left campus in PJs. At home, I did because it bothered my mom who was bothering me with her rules about her house. ( yes, I was a brat until just a few years ago.) I wouldn't now but mostly because I have worked hard to look like I do now and don't want to wear baggy PJs and not have my efforts be noticed.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,991 Member
    Options
    I saw a 40ish year old woman in PJs at Safeway in the middle of the day yesterday. And slippers. And a robe.

Worst part is they were different patterns that didn't match. That's just wrong.

But her hair and makeup were done. What?

*edit to say..."Hair" not "Har"..:grumble:
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    When I go to redneck malls I usually just wear pajama pants, sandals, and a girlfriend beater

When i go to dollar stores I usually dont even bother wearing shoes lol.

I do my makeup what more do you want from me GEEZ
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    no. Just no. I will pull my pajama bottoms off and slip on a pair of jeans. I just cannot do it.
  • glitterjam
    glitterjam Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Never wear pajamas in public. A girl could meet a dashing stranger...or an old enemy.