PJ's in public?

Options

Replies

• bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Pajamas should be worn at home and lets keep scrubs at the workplace, please. Its tacky.

so I should have to hide on my way to and from work because of what I am required to wear to work?

Absolutely not, you should not have to hide when in scrubs BUT, I have to say, it kinda grosses me out when someone who works in an environment requiring scubs because they work around chemicals (in a lab) or sick people (hospital or doctors office) and they do not change before coming to my house. It's germs germs and more germs that are being brought into my environment that do not belong there. That is my one and only beef with the scrubs issue.

Sorry, don't mean to offend! :-)
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I am not saying I am pro/con PJ's in public...but...I work in the medical field, wear scrubs to work. What is the difference between wearing scrub pants in public vs "pajama bottoms"? Most of my pajama bottoms are nicer and of better quaility than my work clothes...

My hubby doesn't change out of his scrubs after I pick him up from work to go have dinner or go grocery shopping. And before the germaphobes go completely ape crap, he works in a sterilized OR. When I worked @ the hospital, I wouldn't change either. Unless of course we're covered in blood or other bodily fluids. But for the most part, we're sanitized from head to toe given the department we work/worked in.

And plus 1 on the crappy quality of scrubs. My sweat pants, which is what I usually sleep in, are 100x better quality!

I dunno. isn't a hospital the most effective place to pick up a MRSA infection? Even in a "sterilized OR" ...
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    My husband is a Marine. I've been "taught" what to wear outside the house. PJ's is not acceptable. I would get in rather big trouble if I wore them on base. Same with shirts that are to low, or skirts that are to high... I'm not even suppose to wwear sweat pants or joga pants it's against their "rules".

But I don't find you odd, those are "bed" clothing.
  • andreacordd
    Options
    With you on the PJs.
    Also won't wear sweats in public, or yoga pants unless I'm going to and from the gym or to and from work.

The one that absolutely gets me the most is teenaged/young adult women that will spend nearly two hours getting ready in the morning .. and then leave the house in pjs or pyjama pants. :grumble:
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Always dress as if you'll run into your ex. No PJ's in public!
  • gingameister
    gingameister Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I went to the local shop once to get some beer in just my boxers!!! There and back was about a mile and a half and it was about 3pm on a Saturday afternoon! It was a bet. I've yet to lose a bet! LOL

So, PJ's? That's nothin' 8-)
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I am not saying I am pro/con PJ's in public...but...I work in the medical field, wear scrubs to work. What is the difference between wearing scrub pants in public vs "pajama bottoms"? Most of my pajama bottoms are nicer and of better quaility than my work clothes...

My hubby doesn't change out of his scrubs after I pick him up from work to go have dinner or go grocery shopping. And before the germaphobes go completely ape crap, he works in a sterilized OR. When I worked @ the hospital, I wouldn't change either. Unless of course we're covered in blood or other bodily fluids. But for the most part, we're sanitized from head to toe given the department we work/worked in.

And plus 1 on the crappy quality of scrubs. My sweat pants, which is what I usually sleep in, are 100x better quality!

I dunno. isn't a hospital the most effective place to pick up a MRSA infection? Even in a "sterilized OR" ...

Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner! ! ! !
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Pajamas should be worn at home and lets keep scrubs at the workplace, please. Its tacky.

so I should have to hide on my way to and from work because of what I am required to wear to work?

Absolutely not, you should not have to hide when in scrubs BUT, I have to say, it kinda grosses me out when someone who works in an environment requiring scubs because they work around chemicals (in a lab) or sick people (hospital or doctors office) and they do not change before coming to my house. It's germs germs and more germs that are being brought into my environment that do not belong there. That is my one and only beef with the scrubs issue.

Sorry, don't mean to offend! :-)

Not offended...I personally think this whole thread is silly!

And I understand the thought of it bringing germs into your area. But again, you are picking up those germs at the store, mall, church etc...I maintain a much "cleaner" environment at work then most people do in their own homes. Still, I don't go rubbing up on strangers in my scrubs. Me running in to grab some TP and wine is not going to infect anyone.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Seriously?

Have any of you ever been clinically depressed? How about too fat to fit in ANY other clothes you own? How about literally so broke that you can't do laundry? How about so busy from schoolwork or taking care of your kids that you don't have time to do laundry? Had insomnia so bad that you felt sick to your stomach?

There are about four billion reasons why someone is wearing pajamas in public. If you don't know that person's story then you have no right to judge them.

The amount of anger you are all showing on something so menial is downright ridiculous. I'm really surprised that you are all in agreement in this. It's completely childish.

Don't act like you're so high and mighty. Someday you might be there.
  • Itzli
    Itzli Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    What irks me is when people show up to court in PJs and house shoes.. Like WTH..

"ummm.. thats not our client Your Honor!" *slaps forehead*
  • Mrder37
    Mrder37 Posts: 904
    Options
    People in Belfast were pjs in public so much the shops are starting to stock an evening wear range for the more distinguished pj wearer.:)
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I have worn PJ's in public from time to time....

If I am home for the night, and realize I need to run to the corner store for a bag of milk, I am going in my PJ's

In fact, I even wore them to work last Wednesday, lol - just the bottoms, I wear a uniform shirt.....

Meh, it happens....I do not do it everyday, but once and a while, it just makes life easier.....who cares!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    It's not just you, people wearing pajamas in public is my biggest pet peeve. It looks sloppy and a total lack in pride of ones appearance.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    This is the beauty of yoga pants... slightly dressier than pajamas, and suitable for public :laugh:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I file this under the "who cares" category.

People REALLY need to worry about themselves more. I'd be much more likely to hang out with somebody who wore PJ pants out in public rather than some uptight snob worried about what other people are wearing.
  • sullus
    Options
    I have worn PJ's in public from time to time....

If I am home for the night, and realize I need to run to the corner store for a bag of milk, I am going in my PJ's

In fact, I even wore them to work last Wednesday, lol - just the bottoms, I wear a uniform shirt.....

Meh, it happens....I do not do it everyday, but once and a while, it just makes life easier.....who cares!

Wait .. whats a bag of milk?
  • Walks275
    Options
    :laugh: In my opinion PJ's are for the house only. The exceptions to the rule are: Fire, flood, zombie attack or alien invasion.
  • sullus
    Options
    This is the beauty of yoga pants... slightly dressier than pajamas, and suitable for public :laugh:

and for the guys .. they let you see more than PJs. You can ascertain valuable information from a woman in yoga pants, like; "does she go Brazilian?". Thank you ladies for wearing yoga pants.
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I would never do it! I have this argument with my bestie all the time. She is totally guilty of doing this. I mean, come on, how hard is it to put jeans on?!

Seeing people out in public with their PJ's is so common that my daughter and I play a game similar to "Slug Bug" only we do "Pajama Pants". Now that I think about it, I'm sure I see more Pajama Pants than VW Beetles. I weep for society.