Any 40 somethings out there???

Options

Replies

• Revmikfrankie
    Revmikfrankie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey, 42 is close enough. Feel free to add me. I'm new to this and am looking to lose 40-45 pounds. Not easy when you love the taste of food like I do. Just started this week. Stay at it, consistency is the key.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I dunno
  • dmw45
    dmw45 Posts: 73
    Options
    I'm brand new, turning 45 in a month. I threw away my scale years ago because it was making me crazy, so I just signed up and I'm excited and postive even though I have no idea how much I weigh or how much I need to lose. Just ordered a scale and a bodymedia fit on Amazon and I"m starting to log my food.

Please add me. I had great success quitting smoking years ago with an online community to help!
  • geto2010
    geto2010 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I reached the Fab 40's last year, i have close to 70lb to reach my ideal weight, my first goal is 50lb :-)

I have found this site great for motivation and motivating

feel free to add me.
  • dulcisruffle
    Options
    Hi Mel,

I'm forty something and new to the MFP, I have lost 42 pounds over the last 18 months but still have at least the same to do so would love to join forces and swap stories and motivation tips etc.

Lets make this year our year and get these pounds shifted!
  • Scoobytooby
    Scoobytooby Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'll be turning 45 at the end of February and I am 5' 5" tall and have about 70 lbs to loose.

I have been a member of this site since 2010, but haven't been on here since 2010! I came back this January and hope to make better use of this site to help and motivate me.

I'm supposed to be going on holiday to Kos in May. My first holiday in about 8 years and right now, don't really want to go.

I know if I don't want to buy a whole new wardrobe I could do with loosing 2 stone before then so I can get into my size 16 clothes!

I would love to hear from others who are on their weight loss journey.
  • That would be me:) I am 42 and needing to lose 30 lbs. Just joined the other day!
  • KimL122
    KimL122 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Just turned 47 on 1-22-13 ans sent you a FR...let's do this:smile:
  • LisaO85
    LisaO85 Posts: 152
    Options
    Sending friend request. I am almost 46 so I know what you are going through, We can help each other:smile:
  • corrinadavis
    Options
    I am 42 and have around 87 pounds to lose.
  • pvm25
    pvm25 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 45. Just joined. Need to loose about 20 lbs.
  • Will606
    Will606 Posts: 55
    Options
    Just turned 44 a few days ago...been on MFP on and off for over a year now..Good luck to you guys in reaching your goals
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and I want to lose 40.
  • Hi, I recently returned to MFP to help me stay accountable with my eating and exercise. I am 42 and mother to two great teenagers. Would love to have a new friend to be accountable with.
  • gilberts3
    Options
    Hi
    I will help you I'm in my 40's
  • Lose2Cruze
    Options
    Yes... 46 (47) in April. Please request me as a friend. We can support each other.
  • melissa767
    Options
    I am fairly new here.I joined last year but never posted. Looking for friends on MFP that are in my age group too. I'm 45. I've been doing low carb off and on for the past year, but always end up missing what you "can't" have when doing low carb. I met a member of MFP on a a group on facebook and read her story, so here I am, gonna give this way a chance this time. Anyone can add me if you like. I don't know how to send a friend request on MFP. Maybe one of u could tell me how? Lol
  • chelivia7
    chelivia7 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 41. Feel free to add me. I am checking out the community here for the first time tonight! :)
  • Rickisgirl
    Rickisgirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ME!!!! I'm 47, though I don't feel it. That whole "your metabolism comes to a screeching halt when you turn 40" thing isn't a myth, dangit.
  • livingfortheone
    livingfortheone Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40, almost 13 years ago.
    So, if you are looking for an older friend for encouragement and accountability, add me.