Any 40 somethings out there???

Options

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    <<--- 41 here. I log consistently. Feel free to add me!
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and started out with 75 to loose, almost there! I sent you a friend request
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Hit the big 4-0 back in October, but have been in full-blown mid-life crisis mode for a few years prior. I've dropped ~50 lbs, running 40+ miles a week, training for my first 26.2 this coming october. I'm glad to help motivate anyone out there, especially my fellow 40-somethings :)
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I will be 42 in a couple of weeks and I have 80+ pounds gone! I am looking for friends who are dedicated to their weightloss/exercise that can help keep me motivated and in turn I hope I can motivate as well.
  • IIISpartacusIII
    IIISpartacusIII Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    44 here and I absolutely know more than ever that I will reach my goal weight. By your 40's you should be a bit more disciplined and knowledgeable so that you're fully armed and ready to make the best use of your time and make better dietary choices. A small bit of advice for what it's worth: set up smaller goals for yourself; first 10 lbs and then after patting yourself on the back try a 20 lb goal. Slowly but surely as you reinforce the fact that you've been able to conquer the smaller steps, you'll fully embrace the reality of the bigger picture and reach your final long term goal. Good luck.
  • tracyschreier
    tracyschreier Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Just turned 49. Spent my 30's and 40's overweight and decided that things will be different in my 50's. Trying to lose 65 pounds. I log every single thing that passes my lips every single day. I log every bit of exercise. And I try to eat all my calories (including eating back my exercise calories--easier said than done, believe it or not). I need lots of friends, too!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I am 42 ...anyone is more than welcome to add me ............wishing everyone much success in their healthy lifestyle :bigsmile:
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. I just joined, have lost 8 pounds so far, and need to lose about 40 more (can't believe I wrote that!). I'm 59 years old.
  • BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Turned 42 this past February. Looking for motivational friends, to help keep me motivated. I will in turn try to keep you motivated as well. I do make it a point to comment at every post.

I've lost over 25 lbs since starting in October of 2012.

Good luck to everyone on this lifestyle!

Thanks!
  • kmartinko
    kmartinko Posts: 114
    Options
    Hello there. I am 46. I am down 35lbs and have about 15 to go. Feel free to add me.
  • Shani_Shoo
    Shani_Shoo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi Mel and everyone,

I am 40, check out my profile. Anyone please feel free to friend me. I post everyday. Friend request sent Mel!
  • taniakaa
    taniakaa Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi very new to this / I have loads of weight to lose. Unsure how the pounds work but I want to lose 90kg and I need lots and lots of support. I'm in chch, I'm 42 with 3 kids..
  • reneegowin
    Options
    I'm 41 and had a total of 20 pounds to lose. I have lost 10 but the last 10 seem to want to hang on tight. My main reason for losing is health. I had some female health problems last year and major issues with my stomach (I wonder about leaky gut) but never the less, after a rude comment was made to me I got mad and made a change and started my fitness pal. I didn't want to friend anyone when I joined because I feared judgment and criticisim but now I see how motivating it is. would love to motivate...
  • reneegowin
    Options
    Girl I turned 40 and 6 months later a cyst on my ovary burst and I was spending all my time in the doctor trying to find out the problem. Fatigue, constant grumbling stomach, pain in my back and side.... My clothes getting tighter and tighter... Finally made a change and feeling great. But yes, turning 40 CRAZY. My mom says its like a switch flips and your body goes bonkers. Diet and exercise are definately making a difference for me.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and had a total of 20 pounds to lose. I have lost 10 but the last 10 seem to want to hang on tight. My main reason for losing is health. I had some female health problems last year and major issues with my stomach (I wonder about leaky gut) but never the less, after a rude comment was made to me I got mad and made a change and started my fitness pal. I didn't want to friend anyone when I joined because I feared judgment and criticisim but now I see how motivating it is. would love to motivate...

I am 41.. Finally lost the most the 20 pounds I had gained from 35 to 40. At 40 I was died with a huge fibroid, that most likely had been growing a few years, hence the lethargy and lack of burning calories, comfort foods.. And at probably 10 of those pounds. At surgery time I looked 5 months pregnant from the huge fibroid! Surgery was my motivation to get back to my 30'yr old body/weight.
  • knottyceltic
    knottyceltic Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Me too...currently 47

Barb
  • kay930
    kay930 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 41 and I need to lose about 80 pounds & would like some new friends too! Feel free to add me!
  • estepicursor
    estepicursor Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Just turned 42 a few weeks back. My interests are mainly running and biking (not necessarily weight loss)...but anyone feel free to add me.
  • dwnola
    dwnola Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 43 and new to the site. I've lost 15 lbs over the past year then gained it all back plus 5! Time to get serious. I'm a 5'5" female at 241 - I need to lose at least 70 lbs. Feel free to add me, thanks.