Slim In 6 Workout Buddies Wanted!

Options

Replies

• callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    :cry: :cry: :cry: Its to....... slow around here!!

Anybody planning to do SI6 durning the summer??
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,743 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I'll be starting Phase 2 of P90X on Monday. I can't believe how fast it's going! I've been assuming I'll go back to Slim in 6/Slim Series when I'm done (I do miss Debbie), but now I'm thinking about a new Beachbody program that's coming out this summer: TurboFire. I wasn't a big fan of Turbo Jam. It was too dancy for me, but this looks like it might be good!

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/turbofire-tbb.do?coach=8062

Now I'm torn. :tongue:
  • callie365
    Options
    You gotta spice it up!! :laugh:

I'll check it out....
  • PJilly
    Options
    I just watched the hour-long webinar for coaches on it, and I am really jazzed about it!
  • callie365
    Options
    I just watched.. it looks intense and loads of fun..... makes you want to get in there and w/o w/ the class. CJ is so motivational!
  • callie365
    Options
    Jill have you done or heard how...... DS Slim Series Express is?
  • PJilly
    Options
    Jill have you done or heard how...... DS Slim Series Express is?
    I haven't done it, and I haven't heard much about it either. It looks like it's basically Cardio Core Express, which I like, but that already comes with Slim in 6 now (didn't used to); Cardio Sculpt Express; and Cool It Off Express. It's half the price of the regular Slim Series, and if I had it to do all over again, I would still get the full Slim Series rather than the Express version.
  • callie365
    Options
    This time of year I'm spending alot of my time and energy outside. I'm looking for something... shorter in time & less KA, that I WILL DO... Cardio Core Express did come w/ my SI6... think I'll give it a try.
  • PJilly
    Options
    I like CCE. I'd do that and Slim & 6-Pack one day and RIU the next. Way more enjoyable than BIU day in and day out!
  • callie365
    Options
    I know I'll never make it just doing BIU... I know it! Some kind of official w/o is better than nothing!
  • Scoobees
    Scoobees Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Ohhh yeah, I always loved Cardio Core Express! I used to do it after RIU when I wanted a lil extra calorie burn.

Jill - I watched a few clips of TF awhile ago - looks awesome! To me, it looked like Turbo Jam with an Insanity slant - is that pretty close? Would LOVE the HIIT aspect, but also looks very high impact. Wish some of these workouts were around before I screwed up my knees lol!!!

Back to P90X today; Core Syn...boy, I can tell I strayed away from exercise too long...and my diet too crappy. That one just about wiped me up today. Lesson learned? Probably not! :tongue: :tongue: :wink:

Happy Monday!
  • callie365
    Options
    He -...LOOOOO any body home :laugh:

I just received my Slim in 6 Express dvd's today. ANYBODY having a SI6 summer??
  • Scoobees
    Options
    Hey Callie!! :flowerforyou: Have you tried any of your Slim Express dvds yet? I don't even remember what comes with that program - just that they are shorter lol. I have to say I am totally missing Debbie right now and I KNOW that I will go back to SI6 & Slim Series for another go after (if lol!) I ever finish a round of this P90X. I restarted the darn thing - again. :tongue:

Hope you're doing well and I miss talking with ya!!! :drinker:
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Anyone having good results on of SI6? I bought this programs YEARS ago...and by years I mean 6 going on 7 now? I started with it and probably got to week 4 before I became a drop out. :( I keep meaning to start them back up now that I'm eating right and in the gym 4-5 days a week really focusing on cardio. I remember really liking the resistance exercises and the squats/plies (sp?) workouts. I started getting annoyed at how Debbie would say to place something "behinT" you. Just me? Probably. I was probably looking for an excuse to quit knowing me 7 years ago. I guess I'm not looking for the motivation to start them back up again!
  • callie365
    Options
    Hey Scoobees Good to see you:flowerforyou: Sh.t NO!....:noway: Only went as far as taking them out of the package. There is Cardio Sculpt Express, Cool It Off Express, Cardio Core Express ( that came w/ SI6 also) & 6 Mins Abs. Looks like their 30-35 mins in length. To much going on here, were busy but really good. I need to buckle down seriously.... I'd be better! Kudos for you for restarting P90X, do you like? Keep chipping away.... your going to make it! Are you having a good summer, you get a summer break .. right?

Hi Robin I never finished got as far in as 2- Burn It Ups. I didn't see any weight loss,( because of my diet) but my clothes were getting looser and I felt so much stronger. You have to do what works for you, sounds like the gym is it for you.:smile: You can always go back to SI6... in the future.
  • PJilly
    Options
    Ohhh yeah, I always loved Cardio Core Express! I used to do it after RIU when I wanted a lil extra calorie burn.

Jill - I watched a few clips of TF awhile ago - looks awesome! To me, it looked like Turbo Jam with an Insanity slant - is that pretty close? Would LOVE the HIIT aspect, but also looks very high impact. Wish some of these workouts were around before I screwed up my knees lol!!!

Back to P90X today; Core Syn...boy, I can tell I strayed away from exercise too long...and my diet too crappy. That one just about wiped me up today. Lesson learned? Probably not! :tongue: :tongue: :wink:

Happy Monday!
    Sorry I never answered this! I just lost this thread somehow and didn't get back to it. Yeah, TF is sort of like TJ, but less dancy, which appeals to me (I'm not very graceful, LOL). I think I want to try it, but I'll probably do a little Slim Series after P90X and then do TF in the fall after vacation is over and school starts.

Robin, you can get great results with Slim in 6! I would highly recommend doing the entire six weeks and then getting Slim Series as a follow-up. SS gives you way more variety (six different workouts) and focuses a little more on the strength aspect than SI6 does. I really like the two programs together, especially making sure to do Slim & 6-Pack three days a week after graduating to Slim Series. I think it's the best ab workout I've ever done.
  • Scoobees
    Options
    Robin - I had great results with SI6, it was just too repetitive for me so I alternated those workouts with classes at the gym. The follow up program to SI6 (Slim Series) has sooo much more variety; and Debbie is much more funny and appealing. :wink:

Callie - Receiving the package is the BEST part. Hate actually having to DO them. :laugh: It sounds like you've been so busy still. You'll get back to the workout grind I'm sure. I do like P90X, but I find that I don't look forward to the workouts like I did with SI6/SS. It's all in my head because I really have never enjoyed heavy weight training; I'd rather do cardio all day long lol. :ohwell: But I know I NEED to do this part. And YES! I have summers off, so that is very dangerous for me in that I am WAY less active. So I am doing my own version of P90X Classic doubles, where I am hitting the gym in the morning for some cardio and doing my P90X later in the evening. I have to burn some calories somehow! Summers = Scoob the Couch Potato :noway:

Jill - Gosh I loved TJ and Chalene. The first time I lost weight, I lost the last 50# doing her TJ. Would LOVE to try some Turbo Fire someday; have to see how these joints hold up with Plyo X. :grumble: :tongue: :tongue: I so agree about Slim & 6 Pack! I think I felt that one way more than Ab Ripper X - which I hate. :grumble:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Scoobees, I seriously considered doing S&6P instead of ARX this round of P90X, but I decided to stick with the program the way it's set up, even though I wholeheartedly believe S&6P is a better ab workout — at least for me. It feels slower and more controlled, which makes it more effective in my opinion.
  • Scoobees
    Options
    Exactly - slower & more controlled. For me, ARX is just a frenzied & flailing attempt at trying to crank out all those reps. I guess I need to hit the pause button. :tongue:

Edited to add - I like your new signature!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Exactly - slower & more controlled. For me, ARX is just a frenzied & flailing attempt at trying to crank out all those reps. I guess I need to hit the pause button. :tongue:

Edited to add - I like your new signature!
    Thanks!