Slim In 6 Workout Buddies Wanted!

Options

Replies

• callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    Good Morning all:smile:

Deborah I know what you mean... mine are still sore... but better! I think you should go at your OWN PACE! Mixing it up with biking or just plain walking would hopefully loosen it up ? Maybe you might need to have a rest day? I looked last eve... I am not winning any SI6 race for sure... this is my 6th week and I still have 2 RIU's & 18 whopping BIU's left ! At that pace I'll be another 6 wks.. I dont care, I am into finishing what I started. I am doing the BEST that I CAN! YOU.... ALSO!!! :smile: I hope they feel better!!

Have a :smile: day!
  • callie365
    Options
    Deborah Jill is exactly right !! Give S & L a shot!
  • brooksie3
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm not sure if anyone on here is still doing Slim in 6 or just starting or anything...but I thought I'd post anyway. I just started Slim in Six 2 weeks ago. I am on my first day of week 3. I am getting a bit frustrated with it just because I am consistently tired and not really seeing pounds lost (though it's only my second week and I haven't been measuring). Just thought I'd see if anyone else is doing it and see if I could get/ give some motivation. :flowerforyou:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,749 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're doing a good job with your eating, and then be patient. I didn't lose tons of weight quickly doing Slim in 6 (about a pound a week), but I lost 27 pounds in seven months, which isn't too shabby!
  • brooksie3
    Options
    I definitely think I need to clean my eating up a bit. I'm now getting to where my appetite isn't raging after doing my workouts...so that helps! I definitely think I am losing inches. I am wearing this shirt today that I would have never worn before due to a fat buldge on each side that's dwindled away for the most part now...LoL That's a plus and makes me feel a bit more motivated! Besides, I can do all the pushups now and definitely all of the squats and plies! Yay! LoL 27 pounds is a lot to lose...I hope I can say that one day!
  • callie365
    Options
    Hi brooksie3 :smile:

I am finishing my 6th week.. and I have seen very little change on the scale... and I dont know on my inches lost.. ? I am afraid to measure... but I have to say I dont look so bulge... either, so that is a good thing!

But I know the yo- yo of the scale is due to not sticking to my BMR cals and not ((mostly)) eating clean. I have to do that to see the change that I want.

:flowerforyou: WTG on going into your 3rd week of SI6 ... and CONGRATS on the noticeable change in your shirt!

Thats super motivation!! :smile:

I did my next to LAST RIU..... I am ready to move on!!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Getting my 2nd SI6 workout in today. (RIP) Also got a walk in this week. Not very much exercise this week. Have been dragging! :yawn: Had a lot of stress this week (sick parents) and felt TOM fatigue. (Aren't I too old for TOM....come on!) I am kicking myself in the pants next week and vowing to get a good workout in at least 4X/week. So thankful for this thread Callie!

Am doing the RIU workout and some weights today. I am doing the Skinny Saturday Challenge and need to get 2 workouts in! That will help me to feel better for sure. :smile: I am inspired by all of you this week. :flowerforyou: My weigh in is Sunday. The scale has been stuck for 2 weeks. Hoping to see even a 1/2 pound change! Wish me luck!:heart:
  • PJilly
    Options
    LOL @ getting too old for TOM. I am in that same boat, but it's at least trying to stop. I go three or for months without it, which is nice, but I'll be glad when it's completely gone.

Time for me to go work out. Have a great weekend!
  • callie365
    Options
    Good morning :smile:

Hang in there Fab!!! Hope your parents are feeling better by now and your w/o's will help with the stress!! I understand 1/2 lb loss per week.. would be going in the right direction! Good luck on Sundays w/ in!!

Jill Looks like your on a P90X roll!! Your kicking Tony's *kitten* or is it the other way??:tongue::laugh: :laugh:

I am doing my LAST.... :noway: RIU!!!! ( making myself) Ye- Ha..... then going out to work in the yard! :smile: :smile:

HAPPY Saturday :flowerforyou:
  • callie365
    Options
    Hey all

I got my .. last RIU done.. this morning! :happy: I am sure I will add it to the SS later after I get done w/ SI6! So that makes me 1/2 done... of the 36! WOO-Hoo

Have a good night! :smile:

I almost forgot out of the blue while getting out of the car....my husband said my "*kitten* is looking better " Just where I want to loose it the most!!! (Perfect motivation)
  • callie365
    Options
    Good morning Slimmers :flowerforyou:

Today is a rest day for me even though, I have housework and laundry to catch up on :noway: I'd rather w/o! :heart:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Hi Callie! Today is my rest day too, thank goodness. Tony is kicking my butt, but in the best way.

I have loads of housework and laundry to do today too, but I wouldn't rather work out. I am so happy to be able to rest, but I will be ready to bring it tomorrow!
  • callie365
    Options
    Hi Jill You inspire me!! You have it so TOGETHER..... I hope to be in that place ((AGAIN)) :bigsmile: :bigsmile: !!!!

My shoulder was a bit sore durning yesterday's RIU... then after shoveling compost and yard work ... I can feel it more this am.

I am looking forward to my 1st BIU with Debbie... but it.. might not happen till, Wed?
  • PJilly
    Options
    Let me know how many F bombs you drop doing BIU! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • callie365
    Options
    YIKES..... I'm in for it !!! :laugh: :noway: :laugh:
  • Scoobees
    Scoobees Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    YIKES..... I'm in for it !!! :laugh: :noway: :laugh:

Yeppers! But in a good way! :tongue: :wink: :devil: That one will ALWAYS remain in my top few of 'go to' workouts when I need to get down to some serious business. Can't wait to hear how much you love/hate it!! :drinker:
  • Scoobees
    Options
    I've been MIA for a bit; rough work week, going in early everyday, stress, etc so my workouts and good eating habits have been totally hit & miss. But that one's over and a new week begins today - yay!

I've decided (I think lol) that I am going to start P90X tomorrow! :noway: :wink: I spent a lot of the weekend reading both the nutritional & fitness guides, mapping out an eating plan I can sort of live with (lol), grocery shopping for all those good foods, and watching the 'how to bring it' dvd. But then I popped in the workout that I may be doing tomorrow and had some huge rounds of laughter. :ohwell: I hope P90X's tagline of 'do your best and forget the rest' really applies. Yikes. There's a few things I'm pretty sure I can't do one rep of - but I will definitely give it a shot. In my younger days maybe...:tongue: There bettter not be anyone home here tomorrow - I hear the swear words a comin'! :laugh:

And I just found out a few hours ago that my brother will be getting married in August! I am so happy for them, and happy that I have another incentive to get my head back in this exercise & clean eating thang! I 'should' be done with my first round right before their wedding! Or dead. :laugh:

Enjoy the weekend all! :flowerforyou:
  • PJilly
    Options
    C'mon, Scoobees, you can do it! No using age as an excuse. You're younger than I am! :laugh:
  • Scoobees
    Options
    C'mon, Scoobees, you can do it! No using age as an excuse. You're younger than I am! :laugh:

Ok...well, then I'll have to think up ANOTHER one. :tongue: :laugh: :wink:

Thanks for the encouragement, Jill! :drinker:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Got a good outside walk in today with my best friend, Lucky the dog! :heart: We went up and down a few hills together and had a long talk! :laugh: Ate out for lunch and even had a small dessert but still came in under a bit. Celebrated a 2lb loss this week. The scale Gods were smiling down on me this week. :smile: Thanks for encouraging me to workout. I have been a bit sluggish but no more excuses! I will try to do something everyday except Mondays (a really long day for me). I think we will all have a great week. :flowerforyou: Good luck to those trying out the PX90! My friend has it and says she is dripping in sweat after the workout! You go girls! :bigsmile: