Slim In 6 Workout Buddies Wanted!

Options

Replies

• callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    Good morning all :smile:

Scoobes No worries here... I LOVE to read the P90X shop talk!!! Never done TJ but 76 lbs with using.... AMAZING girl! I did try CE for a bit.. l went to heavy to fast... but lost 4 whopping lbs the1st week, thats a bunch for me.

Jill Is that right?? SI6 harder than the X?? WOW that BIU must be tough!!! Seems like you have it all together.. for P90X... keep inspiring us!!

RadianWear I'm with ya!! But what is SAL?

No SI6 yesterday but I rode my Stationary bike for 40 mins last eve and worked in the yard. I'm giving gardening a try :happy:happy: :happy: : I planted, onions, garlic and a few tomato plants so far.

Happy Sunday!
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Well BIU done!

It felt weird working out on a sunday it is usually my rest day but did no workouts on wed or yesterday so had to do it.

Had a GREAT workout today! Burned 569 calories.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,744 Member
    Options
    Jill Is that right?? SI6 harder than the X?? WOW that BIU must be tough!!! Seems like you have it all together.. for P90X... keep inspiring us!!
    In my opinion, BIU is definitely harder than P90X. Thanks for the compliment! I don't know that I have it ALL together, but I'm getting it more together than I used to have it! :laugh:
  • Scoobees
    Scoobees Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Boy, the weekends sure do go by fast! :grumble:

Had a great rest day yesterday and pig out day. :tongue: Saturdays hubs & I have our 'date night' so without a doubt we always end up eating out lol. :wink: I 'was' going to behave, but man oh man I was hungry so...:devil: :drinker: New day today, back on track.

I also did some shopping (should have saved some of that $$ for P90X right? :wink: ). I totally needed some shorts/summer clothes since I am far from fitting into my ole 6s & 8s :ohwell: . Kinda weird though, sizes I mean. Some of the size 10 capris I was trying on were baggy. :noway: And I KNOW I am NOT a size 8 yet. I have lots of 'em in my closet to prove it. What is this? More 'vanity sizing' or something?? Gosh! Sizes are getting larger and larger, and the lil size tags to go along with them are getting smaller. So not right. Todays 8s are like yester-year's 12s. Or something like that. I am probably not making any sense at all!!! :laugh:

Anyway, ended up with a few shorts and tops and a cute pair of sandals. I love :love: to shop!!!

I did Mix it Up today - extra careful as my other shoulder is giving me problems now. I don't want to say 'what else?' can go wrong - because I don't wanna know!!!! :tongue:

Enjoy your Sunday!
  • callie365
    Options
    sweettart W/O Sunday for you... good going!

Jill Keep A plugging :smile:

Scoobees... I noticed that today as a matter of fact... I'vebeen buying my DH the same kind/ size briefs for the last 20+ yrs and I washed a new pk today and was folding them and they seem like the have a extra L_O_N_G butt!! (Like you really wanted to know that!):blushing: Glad you found some cute summer stuff!

See ya's tomorrow !
  • RadianWear
    RadianWear Posts: 102
    Options
    I love- love - love ST... but not cardio.. so I will be improved, I hope when I finish SI6 . Seems like P90X has alot of jumping in it? Hard on the knees... think after I do SI6 I'll do SS and then CE?
    There's jumping in Plyo X, but if it's too much for you, you can substitute Cardio X. That's what I did. I am going to try Plyo this time. I am hoping because of losing weight, I'll be able to do it now. We'll see...

It would be nice to be ready for P90X... but I know I'm not... maybe this time next yr... something to aim for ??? Jill.... With your enthusiasm you will be able too do ANYTHING you want !!

SAL=Slim and Limber
  • ebh1024
    ebh1024 Posts: 186
    Options
    Hello...I am not part of this group. But I have been doing the Slim in Six off and on for a while. I sometimes have trouble sticking to one certain DVD. I like to change things around. However, these last couple days I've been doing the Burn It Up and absolutely love it. I really need to up my Cardio...I'm kindof in a plateau now, not really losing. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone can tell me which exercise you log this under? Is it really aerobics or would it be more jazzercize? It is cardio with the strength training, so not sure. I would love to know how many calories I'm actually burning. I did check the BB website and it says about 500 for 30 minutes (full program), but not sure how to log.

Thanks for any input you may be able to help with me.
  • Scoobees
    Options
    Hi ebh! :flowerforyou: I don't know about anyone else, but I log BIU under low-impact aerobics, and I wear my HRM and enter in my own specific calorie burn. I burn around 375 calories for that one - but of course everyone's stats are very different. Sorry I can't be of more help!! :smile:
  • PJilly
    Options
    I do it as aerobics, general.
  • RadianWear
    RadianWear Posts: 102
    Options
    I do it as High impact on the days where I give it my all. On my lazy days I put it under aerobics general. I will usually also make it 45-50 minutes to count for my breaks and what not lol.
  • Scoobees
    Options
    Yay - workout done! I did Firm it Up tonight - awesome workout; lower calorie burn but great lower body work! :drinker: I wanted to get all my stuff done so I can sit on my butt and watch game #2 of the Cavs!!!! (yep, I live in the Cleveland area lol)

I was telling hubs this evening that I may want to buy yet another exercise program - lol - he thinks it's funny...but at least I USE them!!! Well, most of them...the only one I didn't really like much was Yoga Booty Ballet, and that's just cuz I felt a little silly doing it. :embarassed: And Hip Hop Abs was just sorta ok. But anyway, I was talking about possibly needing a pull-up bar, and by his laughter...I don't think I may need one. :laugh: He could have a least given me a second or two before he bursted out. :tongue: Nah, he was just teasing me; but I truly don't think I need it either. If I get P90X, I will just get that door attachment instead.

And I printed out the nutritional guide - Yikes! I'm a regular member over at SparkPeople, and one of the teams had a link to the guide and wow, I admire anyone who follows that to a tee, at least that first month! I'd be carb-less cranky for sure. :grumble: On one of my low carb endeavors, hubs walked by with a sandwich and it was all I could do not to knock him in the head and grab it - and I don't even really like bread! :laugh: One fruit, one carb...oh my. I sorta just scanned the material; not taking it too serious for the moment. Still didn't hit the order button lol.

Too many random thoughts - sorry! :wink: Hope everyone is having a great Monday - and pushing play!!!
  • caskar002
    Options
    HEY WELL I WOULD LOVE TO DO SO IT STARTS TO DAY RIGHT AND TELL ME WHAT TO DO PLEASE AM KINDA NEW HERE THANKS A LOT
  • ebh1024
    ebh1024 Posts: 186
    Options
    Thank you guys for all the answers.:drinker: I will list as either low/high impact aerobics. Again, thank you! I would like to join, but I'm afraid that I won't stick to just the Slim-n-Six workout and I guess that would defeat the purpose right? :huh: I don't know, I'll give it a couple days and see how I feel and maybe getting back to it will help me decide.

I love this MFP,:heart: just don't have much extra time. I have 3 kids in base/soft ball right now so I am really pulled and just short on time.:noway: However, I do make time to log daily just can't always read the post. But wish I could, everyone here seems just so nice and supportive.

Oh, Scoobees, I have to laugh (really), :laugh: I bought the Yoga Booty Ballot too and well....yeah what a joke. I felt so silly. :embarassed: Haven't tried the other, but I'm a sucker for infermercials. I just bought the Brazil Butt Lift :bigsmile: and might I say it is hard! The cardio is extreme dance moves and just not used to it yet. Of course, I've only had it a couple of days so several more workouts to look out. I'll keep you posted.

Well, gotta run, thanks again!!!!
  • Sweettart
    Options
    I gotta say Hip Hop Abs is one of my fav workout! I find I got the best results from it!

I was looking into the Yoga booty ballet and brazil butt lift since I dont have one and need to gain one lol.

Didnt workout yesterday helped my bf's mom. Today I plan on bking a half marathon. I will post and let you know how I did!
  • callie365
    Options
    Good morning all

Radianwear Got ya thought it. SAL had someting to do w/ Power 90!

ebh WELCOME :flowerforyou: I'd like to hear more on BBL!

Scoobees OOOOoooo... is P90X calling you??:laugh:

caskar WELCOME :flowerforyou: Do you have Slim in 6?

Sweettart WoW... 13.1-.2 miles? YOU CAN DO IT!!

Hi Jill... Hows the P90X prep going?

Well I didnt do SI6 yesterday.. just wasnt in the mood. But I did 30 mins on my bike.
    I'm thinking about moving up to BIU.. next week, see how it goes the rest of this one!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Hey everybody!

I'm definitely getting psyched up for P90X. Yesterday was my first recovery-week workout, which was Cool It Off. Today will be Start It Up and Slim & Limber. It feels nice to take it a little bit easy, but I know this is just the calm before the storm! :bigsmile:

I don't know if I mentioned I am eating maintenance calories rather than at a deficit this week, so I am staying off the scale. I think it's a good idea to give my body a complete rest, and that's a part of it. I don't want to see a gain and then freak out. LOL. However, I will step on tomorrow because it's my regular day to report my weight. I know I need to be strong no matter what it tells me.

Well, I have lots of work, so I'd better get busy. Have a great day!
  • callie365
    Options
    I got RIU day 8 done <- >the stretch and yoga + a S & L! Figure I have 4 more to do till I progress to BIU.:smile:

Man O man I still rrrrrrr :devil: those leg lifts on the mat. Makes my elbows hurt!

Jill Thats good your taking a break. Your body is going to thank you in the long run.... your weigh- in is part of the process!
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Well no SI6 today but I tried to do a half marathon on my bike today for fun. I only got 7.5 miles in cuz my butt hurt too bad to go anymore. Hope to get a gel seat.

I will be doing BIU tomorrow.

I have decided that once I am done SI6 next sat I am going to start Biggest Loser Bootcamp for 6 weeks if anyone wants to join me, I would LOVE that!
  • Scoobees
    Options
    Hi all! :flowerforyou:

Man, Debbie just kicked my butt totally with Tear it Up. 78 min of pure 'joy'. :tongue: I was just glad my knees made it; even through the burpees. I wasn't sure I was up to that dvd today, but pushed play anyway! :drinker:

Callie - Yep, P90X is calling me - but I'm not answering :wink: , not yet anyway! I made the decision though, that will be my next program. I am thinking of buying it shorty, but not doing it till the summer. I have off all summer from work (I work in an elementary school cafeteria) and will be off from June 4th till the end of August. I was thinking how perfect to do it then when I have the extra time to put in the workouts and work on that detailed nutrition plan. I don't know. I may jump the gun and start it sooner lol!

It's funny though; I was originally thinking of doing either Brazil Butt or Sean T's Rockin' Body; but something has been drawing me to P90X for a long time. I think I just want to see if I can do it.

Have a great night all!
  • callie365
    Options
    Sweettart I dont have that one.. BLBC, but it sounds like FUN!

Scoobees Thats a plan that will set you up to ((succeed)). I think you can do anything that you set your mind too... but dont know if the body will follow.... LOL! I have the hankering ( is that the word)... to do, but it will be next year, hopefully the next round with you all!

BBL w/ my w/o done!

OOPS....... I got my Cool It Off... yesterday.. cant wait to do it!