Slim In 6 Workout Buddies Wanted!

Options

Replies

• rosy54
    rosy54 Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm so glad that I checkout out this SI6 thread ~ it's made my decision about P90X so much easier! I've decided to start with SI6 and work my way up to X. Ordered it yesterday and it should arrive within 7 days!

Jill, thanks for the link to the fitness test. That sealed my decision!
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    YiPEE Rosy!!!! =)
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,744 Member
    Options
    Cool!!!
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Callie: If you are interested I got my BLBC at target for $10

Well that was an awesome workout to make up for all the pizza I ate last night! Burned 580 calories doing slim & 6 pack and BIU.

Going to also bring the dog for a walk today.

Have a great w/o everyone!
  • callie365
    Options
    Thanks Sweettart... think I'll look for it ! GOOD JOB on your w/o!

I pulled off another RIU! Put a pillow under my arms durning the mat phase it helped my elbows. I have been using weights both arms... except on the triceps. Think I'll do CIO , tomorrow to change it up!

Till tomorrow... keep on keeping on!
  • RadianWear
    RadianWear Posts: 102
    Options
    you guys using heart rate monitors to figure out how many calories you burned?
  • callie365
    Options
    RadianWear ...Good morning... I have one, but need to figure out how to use:noway:

Jill & Scoobes I have a question on Slim and Six. Could you please rank the w/o's on each dvd.. from BEST - WORST w/o on down, including which you use/like the most! I can get most SS dvd's at Amazon for cheaper ....I believe? Then use my Amazon bucks. CIO was only 4.95 and that was with S & H! Thank you!!

Tone it up
    Tear It up
    Shape it up
    Mix it up
    Firm it up
    Cool it off

*Am I defeating the purpose and missing something if I were to only use a few of the dvd's? (I know I would, but is it worth saving a few $$$$?)
  • PJilly
    Options
    5. Tone it up — Approx. 60 minutes. Cardio with resistance; more upper than lower body, but it has leg lifts that KILL my hips.
    4. Tear It up — Approx. 80 minutes. More intense cardio with resistance. Challenging, but satisfying.
    6. Shape it up — Approx. 80 minutes. Less intense cardio with resistance. Kind of boring.
    3. Mix it up — Approx 60 minutes. Nice overall cardio with resistance.
    1. Firm it up — Approx. 60 minutes. Great lower-body workout; lots of squats. Love it!
    2. Cool it off — Approx. 60 minutes. A few minutes of warmup; almost an hour of stretching. Very rejuvenating.
  • callie365
    Options
    THANK YOU for your input Jill!!! :flowerforyou:

Well I did my 1st...... Cool It Off and LOVE IT !! :heart: :heart: :heart:

DS seemed more modernized and together, her cues are great and the whole w/o is just AWESOME! I feel refreshed.

Onto RIU tomorrow, have a wonderful day everyone!
  • Scoobees
    Scoobees Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    RadianWear - Yes, I wear a HRM almost every workout. I just love :heart: gadgets lol.

Callie - Jill gave such excellent descriptions so I won't bore you with more. :tongue: My ranking on Slim Series:
    #1 - Tear it Up - aka "I can conquer anything now' workout :laugh:
    #2 - Firm it Up
    #3 - Shape it Up - didn't enjoy at first, but grew to NEED it :tongue:
    #4 - Mix It Up
    #5 - Tone it Up
    #6 - Cool it Off

And YES! Debbie is much more enjoyable (and better cues lol) in the SS w/o's! She has some funny banter that STILL cracks me up. :laugh:

I'm not sure how to answer your question as to whether you'd be missing out on anything by not getting the whole set. I'm a really weird/fanatical :tongue: person who follows the guidebooks & schedules to a Tee. So, yeah I use all of them (well, ok, not Cool it Off lol) and pretty close in the order of each rotation that I am presently on. Will you miss anything? Probably not a lot...2 of them are total body (Tear it Up & Shape it Up) and Firm it Up is lower...but the others are a mix, so most likely you'd be hitting all the major muscle groups anyway. She just does different moves in each workout.

Did that even help at all???? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • callie365
    Options
    Did that even help at all???? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Scoobees... ~~ABSOLUETLY~~ ( I dont know if your a fan of Sex In the City... if so :smile: .... Mr. Big had another version he said to Carrie... of ~~that word~~ and that was my first thought...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I didnt want to type it.... it might offend someone! )

Thanks Bunches:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I am going to print out yours and Jill's posts, compare and start looking into purchasing them!

Hope I didnt confuse you!
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Callie: Thanks for asking about the SS because I was interested too!

Well I did BIU yesterday and didnt have a chance to post but I burned 506 calories.

Today is going to be s & 6 pack and BIU.

I cant believe there is only 1 week left of SI6! Because of you guys I am going to FINALLY make it!!:flowerforyou:
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Just finished another day of BIU. I am now finally starting to get bored of that video. I burned 510 calories and modified somethings because my knees are bothering me today.

Time for dinner and ice my knees!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Just finished another day of BIU. I am now finally starting to get bored of that video. I burned 510 calories and modified somethings because my knees are bothering me today.

Time for dinner and ice my knees!
    Time to order Slim Series!
  • callie365
    Options
    Sweettart Your Welcome on the SS! Great Job on your doing BIU's !! Congratulations on going into your final week of SI6! :drinker: :drinker: I am way behind you... but not stopping till I finished the 36 days. How many BIU did you do? Thought I do RIU 3 more times & then..... 18 BIU.

Jill Printed out yours & Scoobees posts on the SS... Decisions- Decisions!! :smile:

I' ve had a bad day of worry... My daughter twisted her ankle last evening and she went to school on cruches this morn, her ATORT troup is putting on the Musical Little Women and the1st show is tonight! So one of the dads of a fellow cast member is a PT, she just called from her appt with him and she is walking fine and happy. TG !!:smile::smile: :smile: :smile: He told her no dancing tonight.... and showed her how to use a cane properly, which she might use? She playing Marmee! PHEW!!!
  • callie365
    Options
    Good Morning all:smile:

Well my DD pulled it off last eve, She did absolutely wonderful, the whole show was great! There was alot of excited kids!

No w/o out for me today except yard work... we got home super late and I have a bit of that hang over ... lack of sleep feeling:yawn:

Have a super week end!:smile:
  • PJilly
    Options
    That is great, Callie! You must have been so proud of your daughter! How is her ankle this morning?

Today I'll be doing SIU and Cool It Off. Tomorrow is just Cool It Off. And Monday? P90X, baby!
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Callie: Glad to show was a success!

Jill: Good luck with P90X!

WOW is all I have to say right now! I just burned 581 calories doing BIU!! My highest calorie burn has been 581 but that was with slim & 6 pack and today it was just BIU!

I feel AMAZING right now!

Have a great w/o and weekend!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Awesome, Sweettart! You must have been working hard!!!
  • Scoobees
    Scoobees Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Callie - I'm glad your daughter was able to pull it off! You must be so proud of her! :flowerforyou:

Sweettart - You have the most awesome calorie burns! I'll bet you DO feel amazing!!! :drinker:

Jill - Are you gettin' ready to 'bring it' ? :wink: I hope you enjoy the last of your recovery workouts before your next round of X! :drinker:

Well, I did it. I just finished clicking the order button for P90X. :drinker: I have no clue what I'm getting into :tongue: but I know I need to continually challenge myself with all these programs or I'll just get bored and give up. I've been reading some stuff on Sparkpeople's P90X team and most of it is really positive and encouraging. Just like any workout program, there seems to be a lot of emphasis on following the nutritional program if you want to experience those 'extreme' results. I so suck at following the nutritional part :sad: but I will sure give it a good shot!

Have a wondeful weekend everyone!!! :drinker: