Guys that are a 3 trying to be with girls that are an 8...

Options

Replies

• JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'm a strong 2 and I married a 12! I guess I should stop being so shallow ... ;)
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I love Steve Buscemi

me too, guy has something ( strangley) attractive about him!

He's funny looking, in a general sort of way.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    First - Why are you willing to settle for a 3?
    2nd - Maybe these guys view themselves at a higher level than a 3

3rd - If MFP and working out has taught you anything is to never settle for less and keep pushing for the best.

I don't mean to be rude but maybe its you. Yes men will go after woman who are attractive but we also gravitate towards confidence. Maybe these woman ooze confidence. You need to be confident. Even if you don't look at yourself as a 10. Who cares about this damn rating system. If you walk, talk and carry yourself like a 10 then men will notice that.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    The price of women is plummeting because they're flooding the market.

It's all that sub-prime dating - caused the lady bubble to burst.

dropped another 3 points this week
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    If I was a single guy, you would be the kinda lady I am looking for.

Some guys may be intimidated by you being so independant. Some guys want to feel needed.

I know dating has to be hard, never really been single. Was married the first time at 16 and married the second time at 18 and have been married ever since. So I really don't understand where you are coming from.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I love Steve Buscemi

me too, guy has something ( strangley) attractive about him!

He's funny looking, in a general sort of way.

He is, but he is different.. Don't JUDGE ME! lol :)
  • rickpearce
    rickpearce Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    To the OP... I can see you are frustrated. I don't think you intended to come off as the kinda person who judges everyone else.

As a normal guy I can tell you there are probably a lot of guys around who feel the same way as you and think they won't be able to find a "normal" girl who would accept them. Put yourself out there. Talk to people, do things that interest you. I think things will fall into place. Most guys accepted a long time ago that they will not marry a super model and are just looking for a smart, fun, interesting, self confident woman.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    The price of women is plummeting because they're flooding the market.

It's all that sub-prime dating - caused the lady bubble to burst.

dropped another 3 points this week

It's a damn shame.
    joshua-jackson-shaking-head.gif
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    The reverse can be said about women that are a 3 going for men that are a 9, maybe you are the 3 but you don't realise.

kelso-burn_zpsa3d4c5c8.jpg
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    dumb question..... why shouldn't these so-called "3" guys go after a "10"? If they get them, good on them, right?
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm generally not interested in grown women who view relationships the same way as a middle school lunch table of tweens would.
    I'm generally not interested in grown women who view relationships the same way as a middle school lunch table of tweens would.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    So many things come to mind.
    I know you weren't trying to sound shallow, but geeez.
    Stop rating people by numbers.
    If a guy won't date you because you're just a number to him...then it's probably not someone you'd want to be with anyways.
    I'm sure you will eventually find someone that appreciates you for you.
    But in the meantime, stop worrying about the women that other guys are attracted to. Just work on being happy with yourself and I'm sure everything will work out.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    First - Why are you willing to settle for a 3?
    2nd - Maybe these guys view themselves at a higher level than a 3

3rd - If MFP and working out has taught you anything is to never settle for less and keep pushing for the best.

I don't mean to be rude but maybe its you. Yes men will go after woman who are attractive but we also gravitate towards confidence. Maybe these woman ooze confidence. You need to be confident. Even if you don't look at yourself as a 10. Who cares about this damn rating system. If you walk, talk and carry yourself like a 10 then men will notice that.

Wisdom.
  • HardRockCamaro
    Options
    Personally I notice women do exactly the same thing.

Having said that, to the OP, what number would you put on yourself if you were being honest, and what number rating guys have you gone for and do you go for? If you were being honest.

Regardless of what ppl say about only caring what's inside it's a fact of life that its clearly not as I know plenty of real nice guys who aren't lookers that women ignore over guys who are lookers but are total dill holes.
    I imagine I'd be pretty low on anyone's at a glance rating, but if they take the time to get to know me I recon they'd shoot my rating up several notches. And if they don't want to take the time to get to know me I suspect I'm not missing out as I doubt I'd think much of a person like that.

Most prefer to put me in the friend zone as that's what they seem to like to do while finding the biggest ahole they can to date.
    I stopped trying to figure out this stuff years ago and simply accept it as it is.

I recon both men and women are too influenced by the media these days.
  • silverainn
    Options
    I haven't really experienced what you're talking about. I'm overweight, but my boyfriend is fit and very attractive, as were most of my past boyfriends. I do think confidence and how you present yourself make a huge difference.. if you're basing this on internet dating, maybe you're being negative about yourself without realizing it. Or maybe you're looking in the wrong places? It's much easier to meet a nice guy through friends or a common interest.
  • 240x30
    240x30 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Many of the people that responded to this post, especially the men, focused on the rating system. However, if you replace the rating system with a basic glimpse of how financially stable and overall attractive a man is as a person. Some would wonder why those who fall on the fail end of the spectrum are so focused on catching a bombshell as opposed to looking for a good person.

I agree with the OP and it sucks but what can we do about it? Being single and overweight can be challenging. I know first hand. Continue to work hard in your career because men will just disappoint you if you focus to hard on them.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I think in general, many people regardless of appearance, wealth have blinders on for mr or mrs right. While on their quest for this perfect person, they turn away lots of potential matches.

When I met my bf, I did think he was much 'bigger" in weight than what I would typically be attracted to. But I gave him a chance and fell in love with him. I feel like people need to be willing to drop the ridiculous expectations that they are going to marry Brad Pitt or Angelina and date a REAL, normal human.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    maybe these men that are a 3 have a 10

dumb rating people as numbers
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I should add to the Steve Buscemi discussion that my sister is drop dead gorgeous and has the weirdest celebrity crush ever -

video_gilbert_gottfried_talks_ball_sort_of.jpg

I asked her if she was serious when I found out and she said, "He's just so cute!" Lol...
  • shelbel05
    Options
    I totally hear you..... Just don't settle - you are beautiful and deserve the best!!!!