any new 1200 calorie gals want to be friends

Options

Replies

• Farah_akbar
    Farah_akbar Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    HI i am FARAH I also eat 1200 or less, i have been on this for 15 days and i have lost 9 lbs feel free to add me
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    anyone who is 1200 calories is welcome. I am no respector of persons.
  • Charmainedelaney
    Charmainedelaney Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi there, you can add me. I try hard to eat 1200 calories a day & exercise every day without fail even if I dont feel like it & so far so good have lost & am still loosing (what a journey this is turning out to be!). Enjoy it.
  • whitechallenge
    whitechallenge Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you are not strength training then start, 2 x per week whole body workout, start with machines but eventually switch to free weights, this will change fat to lean muscle which will help in clothing sizes, petrapoo 45
  • xoInsanity
    xoInsanity Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I have been struggling with sticking with the 1200 calorie diet however, I am REALLY focused now and READY to shed the pounds. Today was official START day, and I stuck with the 1200 calories and am ready to exercise here soon. So anyone who would like to add me you're more then welcome!

Anyone doing any specific workouts that has helped you lose weight? I'm always up to trying something new.
  • janiegirl108
    janiegirl108 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Jumping in on the 1200 cal band wagon.. 5 '3 in, always been in good shape.. work out several times a week but cant shake that last 10 pounds. currently weigh 140.. would like to get to 130 wih a GOAL of 125. when Look and feel my best.. cant get it off like a i used to .. also got into a bad nibbling/snacking habit.. glad to join the group
  • jenmo787
    jenmo787 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just joined today! Yay! I was on fitday.com but their website is slow and I have to reselect my foods all the time. I started my weight loss on 1/21, week ago today and have lost 5.5 lbs. Tracking your foods is the way to go. I have been maintaining 1200 or less calories a day and it's working. I am also burning 200+ per day, so that's why I've lost so much and it's the first week. I just want to stay motivated.
  • jenmo787
    Options
    @janiegirl -- not to be insulting, but you look to be about my age and I know what you are talking about. My goal, however, is to get down to 140....can't wait! I'm 165 right now and don't know what happened, probably the night time munching and having teens, but they're in college now, no excuses!
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I also have a 1200 calorie limit, I have to eat at least that to get a good workout in.. or my energy level is low...
  • jenmo787
    Options
    I've started training in my basement with light weights (5 lbs) and do some ab work...I think it is helping me. Also getting on the treadmill for 15...turns out to be about a 30 min workout; that should be good right?
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    normally i average around 1200/day, when eating healthy its very easy to stay in that limit.
  • jenmo787
    Options
    Agreed
  • jnn0409
    jnn0409 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm a 1200 cal girl here! :) Not so new, but always adding friends.
  • lroth444
    Options
    Hi everyone, my start day on 1200 diet was Jan. 21 and I had my weight in today and had lost 6 lbs! I'm so excited. I would like to join this group and share weight loss tips and stories.
    by the way, I am 63 and do no exercising.
    Lynn :flowerforyou:
  • nanad2bb
    Options
    Hey there!! I do !!! : )

New to this site, well, I signed on the first of the year, but having a heck of a time learning all the stuff and how to do it. I try to get on as often as possible.

Congrats on the 20lbs!

I too am looking for others to connect with and keep me motivated !!

diane
  • dsb866
    dsb866 Posts: 2
    Options
    Please add me, I try to also stay as close to 1200 calories as possible. I've been using MFP off and on for over a year, and I love this site!
  • clhous03
    Options
    Hey there!! I do !!! : )

New to this site, well, I signed on the first of the year, but having a heck of a time learning all the stuff and how to do it. I try to get on as often as possible.

Congrats on the 20lbs!

I too am looking for others to connect with and keep me motivated !!

diane

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/11724-the-1200-club

We'd love to have you! And the rest of you who are trying the 1200-ish goal, as well. :smile:
  • jenmo787
    Options
    Hi LYnn! I just did the same thing, started the same day as you and lost 6 pounds! Started at 172 down to 166, just from counting calories! It's amazing, isn't it?
  • cdiggs51
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am new to MFP and also a 1200 calorie gal and would like very much to be friends. I need all the motivation and suggestions as possible. I am in a funk right now but wanting to get back on track with exercise, water intake and cutting the sweets out. I have arthiritus in my knee and back problems. I recently had to go on 3 week leave from exercising 3x a week 45 min. due to injection treatment in knee. So as of today I am trying to get back in line with meeting my daily food goals. Preparation is my weakness. Oh, I will be returning to bootcamp first week of Feb. (Low-Impact for me)
  • bbrooks123
    bbrooks123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I try for 1200 or less a day. I just restarted my fitness pal last saturday.:smile: