any new 1200 calorie gals want to be friends

Options

Replies

• kablondy
    kablondy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have just joined :) I'm not very good at sticking to diets but would like to even maintain or lose a few pounds for my holiday.
    I'm happt to support anyone in the 1200 also
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm a 1200 calorie girl too but I find that even with working out if I eat at 1200 calories or the calories allowed with working out I will not lose but maintain my weight. :( It's only if I eat below 1200 calories I actually lose weight.....maybe my metabolism needs a swift kick in the groin!!!!!
  • alexhayg
    alexhayg Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm relatively new but keep starting then giving up. I'm really hungry on 1200 cals but i'm determined to stick to it this time. :smile:

Can anyone give me any good snack tips that fill you up pls? Got into a bad habit of drinking wine most evenings so that's piled on the pounds! I'm a single mum so spend most evenings on my own so I get really bored. HELP!

I know its going to be kind of obvious but try cutting out fizzy drinks and chocolate. if you want crisps go for low calorie and as low fat as possible. you could still have a glass of wine every now and then but try keeping it to one or two glasses a week, instead of buying a full bottle try the smaller ones that are just one glass worth or diluting it down with sparkling water.
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 1200 and not been hungry. What has been working for me is I've gone heavy on both protein and fiber (always over the MFP "goal" on both). Beans and lentils are great for both and low in calories. I've been making a big batch of soup and munching that for lunches (dinners too when the hubby is away). Lots of veggies and lean proteins. My snacking too I try to get in protein and fiber, hummus is great for that.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    well I lost 5 more pounds weighing at 174 pounds. I eat veggies, fruit, almonds and tropical fruit trail mix for snacks. I know if you google 100 calories snacks they have tons. some are really weird things but there is a lot of good ones too.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I am not a girl but I am a huge proponent of eating as few calories as possible to get fat loss over with ASAP. Up until today I was eating 900/day.

Eating this low during the week and binging on the weekends might not be such a good idea, especially for a guy. You can really screw yourself up doing this. Probably not good to be suggesting this diet plan on here. And if you are going to say you are eating at 900, then also say that you eat up to 3000 cals 2 days a week. Full disclosure please!
  • diaryofaskinnygirl
    Options
    Hi there, I started logging last Monday and my calorie goal is 1200 as well. I would love for any of you to add me! I'm 5'4" and 19 years old. My diary is open to friends.
  • happythermia
    Options
    I'm not new, but let's be friends anyway!
    I've been doing 1200 for about a year (ish - lol we all have our days!)
  • lorih307
    Options
    Hi! Add me, please! I lost 30 on WW and have gained 10 back, but this time I'm trying to lose the weight on my own. I'm sticking at around 1200 a day and adding some elliptical work.

A question for anyone: Do you find that it's hard to stick to 1200 each day, or do you just balance it out over a week? (For instance, if you have 1400 one day, you just eat 1000 the next? If so, does this work for you?
  • gpate0519
    Options
    I would love for you guys to add me. I'm having a really hard time with motivation. I have a husband and three boys that eat whatever they want and it makes it really hard for me to stay on track!
  • runningfataway
    Options
    Another 1200-ish gal. More so 1300-1400 but close enough. Feel free to add me!

I can usually manage this calorie amount and am pretty satisfied, but after dinner is what kills me.
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me; I'm seeing excellent progress and not feeling hungry at all. I try to post my recipes and such to offer some options and my diary is open to friends. Tons of veggies and protein. =)
  • Mischeviouseyez
    Mischeviouseyez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the community here. 1200 Calorie girl! Add me. :)
  • glassyone
    glassyone Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, iD be happy to join you. Sometimes it just takes some encouragement from friends . I tried last year and slid back, but now I have friend doing the app with me, it is more motivating. Since restarting Jan 1, I've lost about 5 lbs. trying to do more excersize .
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hi! Add me, please! I lost 30 on WW and have gained 10 back, but this time I'm trying to lose the weight on my own. I'm sticking at around 1200 a day and adding some elliptical work.

A question for anyone: Do you find that it's hard to stick to 1200 each day, or do you just balance it out over a week? (For instance, if you have 1400 one day, you just eat 1000 the next? If so, does this work for you?

Well, what has been working for me is to stick pretty close to 1200 most days and I dont' "eat back" the majority of my exercise calories. This way the 2 days or so when I entertain or go out and go over the calories have almost always averaged (weekly) back to 1200. Eating 1200 does not leave me hungry, what has worked so far is to load up on lean proteins and fiber. Just my 2 cents . . . :smile:
  • jtmurph7
    Options
    Hello, I am a 1200 Calorie girl and am new to MFP. I am looking for all the friends and support I can get!! :flowerforyou:
  • frettie
    Options
    Hi-I would be happy to join you. I am a 64 year old 5ft 1inch tall female! I joined 2 weeks ago at 1200 cals. However, I walk 1-1 and1/2 hrs every day, so I thought I could eat back the cals. Big mistake! I have lost nothing-the scale won't budge. Now I am just eating the 1200 and will keep you posted.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Me Im 4ft 10in so thats what I should be eating to begin with I have about 35 lbs to lose after my 2 pregnancies 19 months apart.Love my daughters but didnt like the extra wieght I need my bmi back to normal.Ive lost 11 so far wooho started jan 1st 2013,Ill be 29 in 7 days woohoo.My profile pic is before I had children it inspires me to lose wieght.I was 105 and fit.
  • divacowgirl
    Options
    Sounds like I am in the same position you are. Would be great to compare notes
  • jkidwell310
    jkidwell310 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jennifer. I'm a 1200/day girl. Looking for some friends to help keep me motivated, and help lose 45 or more lbs. Also trying to lose at least 3 inches off my waist before Feb. 14th. Please add. Thanks