Options
    My beliefs as well...
  • JessikaBlayne
    Options
    I would like to believe there is
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    More importantly for all of us, is there life before death?

That's what I was thinking too
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    No desire for a life after this one. It is something invented by man to make the idea of the injustices of life more palatable. There's a lot of ego involved.
  • justkeepswimng
    Options
    As a pk, I used to be adamant that there is a life after death. Then, I developed my own life view and now I'm not so sure. If someone finds out for sure (with concrete proof), please let me know.
  • krowanvil
    krowanvil Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    As a pk, I used to be adamant that there is a life after death. Then, I developed my own life view and now I'm not so sure. If someone finds out for sure (with concrete proof), please let me know.

Just out of curiosity, what would you consider concrete proof? There have been many accounts of people technically dying and then being resuscitated who claim to have seen heaven, hell, dead family members, bright light, God, etc.; but society writes it off as a delusion that is not to be trusted. So if the word of someone who has experienced it is not concrete proof, what is?
    I doubt God will let anyone bring back a heavenly donut (the taste is to die for and it has no calories).:laugh:
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    There is definitely life after death, but I dont think we can fully understand it on human terms. I mean to say these even to true blue Christians, its probably beyond our understanding.

I will say, as a Christian, I do believe in Heaven and Hell, but I DONT believe you see your loved ones in heaven....I think God designed it that way so that we make the most of our time on Earth.
  • jarrodburroughs7
    jarrodburroughs7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Probably not.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I don't think so, but I wish there were. Perhaps that's why I'm scared of dying (I'll just wink out of existence and it will be like I was never here at all).
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure... I'd like to believe that there is... Gives me hope that i'll see my mom again... She died 6 months ago
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I believe that when I die, I'll be buried in the ground and bugs will eat my body. The part about bugs touching me scares me more than death does, so I might get my body cremated and have my head shot out of a cannon.

Either way, I don't believe in an afterlife.
  • stephdeeable
    Options
    Absolutely!! And where you spend it is the biggest choice of your life.

The biggest choice of my life was deciding if Crispers were a cracker or a chip. I decided on cracker. Definitely cracker.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • thecpommander
    Options
    No. There is in all probability no "life after death".

There is not a single convincing argument or piece of evidence that would suggest otherwise.
  • mcshoelovin22
    mcshoelovin22 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I think there is
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

The biggest choice of my life was deciding if Crispers were a cracker or a chip. I decided on cracker. Definitely cracker.

1200 calories is the biggest decision of your life
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    of course.... there is a heaven i like to believe.... :) i know for a fact that there is a devil and evil so if there is there is a God :)
  • stephdeeable
    Options

1200 calories is the biggest decision of your life

Can it be 1200 calories of Crispers?
  • tipadoo
    tipadoo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Being dead will be the same as it was before we were born. Nothing. Everyone gets their turn and then it is over.
  • Routerninja
    Options
    Nope. you get a dirt nap and then you're worm food. I think the concept of an afterlife is just a crutch for people who are afraid of death being an absolute end.
This discussion has been closed.