Afterlife: Is There Life After Death?

Options

Replies

• ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Nope. you get a dirt nap and then you're worm food. I think the concept of an afterlife is just a crutch for people who are afraid of death being an absolute end.

But why would anyone be afraid of "nothing"? No, I think it is much more likely that a human would be instinctively afraid of "something" that was wild and uncontrollable--like God. "The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom..." :smile:

people like to exist, so they are afraid of losing that.
  • Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    I don't believe so. Yet, I certainly hope so... I want to haunt every *kitten* person that I hate!!
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Yes 99.99999% will be tortured by me and my colleagues in hell , the remaining percent's souls are harvested
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    How is this not locked yet? A spam post was removed so there were mods here!
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    No, we ARE special. In all our investigations of space, why is there so little (if any) evidence of other life, let alone intelligent life? If we were nothing special, surely the universe would be teeming with life and so far, our investigations have come up with nada...except here on Earth (although that point is debatable at times). Why is Earth so special? Because we are--just as God said.
    Our Solar system (big as we see it) is just a spot in the Universe. Just for reference. Go to the beach and grab a handful of sand. Each grain of sand in your hand would represent a star. That would represent OUR Milky Way galaxy.
    Every beach on Earth still WOULDN'T have enough grains of sand to represent how many stars are out there. We as humans can barely tell if there's life from a few miles away just using our senses.
    We've only just researched what we CAN reach, so to say that just because WE haven't discovered more, DOESN'T mean that other life out there similar to ours doesn't exist.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Well, I'll grant you that we haven't searched much. But after all the estimated time given for the age of the universe (14 to 20 billion years) wouldn't you think that life would be abundant everywhere we looked? Are we alone in our fecundity? "Be fruitful and multiply..."?
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I think there is...no proof, other than the fact I watch a lot of ghost hunting shows lol ;)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,634 Member
    Options
    So what does one do in heaven/afterlife? Run around nekkid and sing praising hymns all eternity? I mean, worship is what god wants right, so this goes on for eternity? Clear this up cause inquiring minds would like to know. Don't guess, actually tell me what happens after.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

God wants us to worship Him because He knows that is part of our being. He made us capable of worship as part of the goodness and humility that He requires. We have Jesus' assurances that one's future in heaven will be glorious--wonderful beyond description. That is enough for me. As for being "nekkid", we are told that we will be "clothed in righteousness" and given white robes to wear (see the Book of Revelation). :wink:
    That didn't shed much light. Glorious in god's eyes could mean that you sit and stare at god all day with a smile on your face.
    I personally haven't heard any logical explanation of what heaven is supposed to be like after death. The focus for many religious followers is just to get there. Then HOPE it's all that it's cracked up to be.

IDEA Fitness member
  • SanteMulberry
    Options
    Nope. you get a dirt nap and then you're worm food. I think the concept of an afterlife is just a crutch for people who are afraid of death being an absolute end.

But why would anyone be afraid of "nothing"? No, I think it is much more likely that a human would be instinctively afraid of "something" that was wild and uncontrollable--like God. "The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom..." :smile:

But why do we like to exist?? Could there be something built into the essence of life that makes it want to continue to live? If so, where did that come from? Do machines want to exist?
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I personally like to believe there is.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    No, we ARE special. In all our investigations of space, why is there so little (if any) evidence of other life, let alone intelligent life? If we were nothing special, surely the universe would be teeming with life and so far, our investigations have come up with nada...except here on Earth (although that point is debatable at times). Why is Earth so special? Because we are--just as God said.
    Our Solar system (big as we see it) is just a spot in the Universe. Just for reference. Go to the beach and grab a handful of sand. Each grain of sand in your hand would represent a star. That would represent OUR Milky Way galaxy.
    Every beach on Earth still WOULDN'T have enough grains of sand to represent how many stars are out there. We as humans can barely tell if there's life from a few miles away just using our senses.
    We've only just researched what we CAN reach, so to say that just because WE haven't discovered more, DOESN'T mean that other life out there similar to ours doesn't exist.

IDEA Fitness member

Well, I'll grant you that we haven't searched much. But after all the estimated time given for the age of the universe (14 to 20 billion years) wouldn't you think that life would be abundant everywhere we looked? Are we alone in our fecundity? "Be fruitful and multiply..."?
    It's only been at MOST 2000 years that we've really inquired. And only about 100 years since we've had equipment capable enough just to see OUR galaxy. May we be the only living beings in our Solar system? Possibly. But again look at our Solar System as just a spec of dust in a house. To just search our galaxy completely would take several 1000 years to complete.

IDEA Fitness member
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Faith sets itself against religion.

I'm glad I've enlightened you.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Yes, I believe :heart:
  • ninerbuff
    Options

But why do we like to exist?? Could there be something built into the essence of life that makes it want to continue to live? If so, where did that come from? Do machines want to exist?
    This is a great question. Personally I believe that animals (us included) have one real objective in life.........pass on our genes. Yeah, there's lots of fun stuff we do in between, but having offspring is an instinct for the majority of ANY species.
    Again why do we want to exist? Great question.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Dani_Davies23
    Options
    Bill Maher- Religulous.

My hero.
  • MyPsalm63
    Options
    Absolutely there is. I can't wait to be at home with the Lord. It will be so Amazing!!!!!!
  • SanteMulberry
    Options
    Faith sets itself against religion.

I'm glad I've enlightened you.

I was already there a LONG time ago--but I'm happy that you're glad. :happy:
  • SanteMulberry
    Options
    "Personally I believe that animals (us included) have one real objective in life.........pass on our genes."

But why would that be so? Do machines want to pass on their parts?
  • SanteMulberry
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

It's only been at MOST 2000 years that we've really inquired. And only about 100 years since we've had equipment capable enough just to see OUR galaxy. May we be the only living beings in our Solar system? Possibly. But again look at our Solar System as just a spec of dust in a house. To just search our galaxy completely would take several 1000 years to complete.

IDEA Fitness member

Could be that we would need to be God to do so. (Don't mind me, I'm just waxing philosophical today.) :wink:
  • SanteMulberry
    Options
    So what does one do in heaven/afterlife? Run around nekkid and sing praising hymns all eternity? I mean, worship is what god wants right, so this goes on for eternity? Clear this up cause inquiring minds would like to know. Don't guess, actually tell me what happens after.

IDEA Fitness member

God wants us to worship Him because He knows that is part of our being. He made us capable of worship as part of the goodness and humility that He requires. We have Jesus' assurances that one's future in heaven will be glorious--wonderful beyond description. That is enough for me. As for being "nekkid", we are told that we will be "clothed in righteousness" and given white robes to wear (see the Book of Revelation). :wink:
    That didn't shed much light. Glorious in god's eyes could mean that you sit and stare at god all day with a smile on your face.
    I personally haven't heard any logical explanation of what heaven is supposed to be like after death. The focus for many religious followers is just to get there. Then HOPE it's all that it's cracked up to be.

IDEA Fitness member

It kind of all boils down to whether you believe Jesus or not. He's the only one who has ever died and been resurrected---and many witnesses bore testimony to that fact (His nearest and dearest would have known whether it was true or not---and they all went to their deaths proclaiming His resurrection). Jesus said, "I go to prepare a place for you that where I am, you may be also..." Do you really think the Lord of the universe would inhabit a crummy place or an unpleasant place of boredom? Unlikely. :smile:
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hope I'm not too late for a simple, "no."

But a person can believe whatever they like so long as said belief doesn't infringe on the rights of others.
This discussion has been closed.