You Can Go To The Melting Pot!

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    sure you can go to the Melting Pot....but be prepared to spend $150 per couple.

We avoid that place like the plague. If I'm going to spend $150 it's going to be meat that's not factory farmed.

Exactly. In fact, unless there is an emergency, we rarely eat out very many places any more.

We mostly cook at home.

It's much more fun to cook at home with friends and family. And easier to log.

I just really can't believe how many of the people on MFP have been directly rude to me. I never said I don't like people that disagree with me. I never said I hated the melting pot. I'm just trying to be honest. It's hard to say what you mean without sounding like a total DB on the Internet.

My apologies to all that I've offended. People really got their panties in a bunch over the...Melting Pot? Seriously?
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    PatrickSwayzesGhost Posts: 300 Member
    My apologies to all that I've offended. People really got their panties in a bunch over the...Melting Pot? Seriously?
    Offended?

No.

Annoyed by the same argument being stated over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over?

Yes.

:flowerforyou:
  • Onesnap
    Do you leave the place smelling like food? I don't like leaving a restaurant smelling like food.

Yes, and grease too. But just wear something easy to wash like a tee shirt.
  • Onesnap
    Offended?

No.

Annoyed by the same argument being stated over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over?

Yes.

:flowerforyou:

Glad I could annoy the piss outta you.
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    You think OUR panties are in a bunch over The Melting Pot? LOL
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    YES!!! And I just made plans for it on Valentines weekend!!! YUMMMMM IT'S MY FAVORITE :)
  • Onesnap

Well people have really jumped all over me.

There were quite a few that agreed though.

In general this conversation has been just strange....I mean in a ****ty economy people are getting excited about cooking their own food? I don't understand it.

I've found the level of just plain rudeness to be really out of control. 3 years ago on this site there was far less rudeness.
  • llpaq
    I could totally skip the entree and just eat the cheese and chocolate fondue!

Oh me too, the cheese course is the best!

Ohhhh me three!!! And when I go I'm leaving all my rules at the door :)
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    PatrickSwayzesGhost Posts: 300 Member
    Glad I could annoy the piss outta you.
    Pssssh. Keep wishing, sweetie. The only piss in here was yours, all over the thread.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    150 dollars to cook my own dinner ....no thanks
  • OR, you could go to Fogo De Chao, spend the same amount of money and EAT ALL YOU CAN EAT MEAT!!!!
  • I recently saw that The Melting Pot has release a "skinny-dipping" food menu along with "skinny" drinks. The 3 course meal adds up to about 700 calories (not including skinny drinks), which is probably a splurge for a lot of people for one meal. I still think it is exciting that you wouldn't have to sit around and guess how many calories might be in your meal out, and then realize you're probably wrong because of all the extra crap restaurants put in their food. Also, if you're someone who has trouble boxing up half of your meal at a restaurant, you can eat everything and know what the damage is.

Enjoy!

Melting Pot is the worst meat and seafood in town. So when you say "no crap in their food" what do you mean exactly? It's a chain. It's factory farmed meat and seafood that's not sustainably caught. It's $150 for TWO PEOPLE TO HAVE DINNER. How is this even remotely a good idea? Just support a small family owned restaurant and a farm to table restaurant if you want to know where your food comes from.

Lol whoa, you only sound a LITTLE bit bitter. Let people eat whatever they want, this poster wasn't trying to start a fight. You sound like someone who worked at Melting Pot and got fired. Sheesh.
  • Onesnap
    150 dollars to cook my own dinner ....no thanks

Thank you. Finally a voice of reason. :)

Going out with friends in family is a rare treat. At least in my house.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    We get it ONESNAP.. You HATE The Melting Pot... I think the OP was only trying to tell us of a little bit of a healthier way we could eat at that particular restaurant for the people who may actually eat there. I myself have never been, but have always wanted to go. Of course it would be only for a special occasion as the price does seem a little steep.

BUT there is no reason you should continue BASHING people for their opinions or for them trying to give people information that could help them in their journey.. We get that you only like FARM raised animals and FRESH seafood... you dont have to keep trying to beat it into anyones head that has commented on this post... MOVE ALONG!!!

The thing that OneSnap is trying to convey is that these chain restaurants are NOT healthy no matter what. I don't care if they have a 500 calorie menu or whatever.

Food from chain restaurants is NOT healthy for us no matter what they try to market it as.
  • Onesnap
    I recently saw that The Melting Pot has release a "skinny-dipping" food menu along with "skinny" drinks. The 3 course meal adds up to about 700 calories (not including skinny drinks), which is probably a splurge for a lot of people for one meal. I still think it is exciting that you wouldn't have to sit around and guess how many calories might be in your meal out, and then realize you're probably wrong because of all the extra crap restaurants put in their food. Also, if you're someone who has trouble boxing up half of your meal at a restaurant, you can eat everything and know what the damage is.

Enjoy!

Melting Pot is the worst meat and seafood in town. So when you say "no crap in their food" what do you mean exactly? It's a chain. It's factory farmed meat and seafood that's not sustainably caught. It's $150 for TWO PEOPLE TO HAVE DINNER. How is this even remotely a good idea? Just support a small family owned restaurant and a farm to table restaurant if you want to know where your food comes from.

Lol whoa, you only sound a LITTLE bit bitter. Let people eat whatever they want, this poster wasn't trying to start a fight. You sound like someone who worked at Melting Pot and got fired. Sheesh.

haha, no. I would never work there. I'm sure it's okay...good tips, right?
  • llpaq

In general this conversation has been just strange....I mean in a ****ty economy people are getting excited about cooking their own food? I don't understand it.

I've found the level of just plain rudeness to be really out of control. 3 years ago on this site there was far less rudeness.

I haven't read the whole thing and I probably should but my general rules always applies in life- ignore the rudeness. I'm sorry you had to go thru people being mean. :frown:
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    That's just not true. I can go to Ruth's Chris and get a beautiful meal and that's a chain. All chains are not created equally.
    We get it ONESNAP.. You HATE The Melting Pot... I think the OP was only trying to tell us of a little bit of a healthier way we could eat at that particular restaurant for the people who may actually eat there. I myself have never been, but have always wanted to go. Of course it would be only for a special occasion as the price does seem a little steep.

BUT there is no reason you should continue BASHING people for their opinions or for them trying to give people information that could help them in their journey.. We get that you only like FARM raised animals and FRESH seafood... you dont have to keep trying to beat it into anyones head that has commented on this post... MOVE ALONG!!!

The thing that OneSnap is trying to convey is that these chain restaurants are NOT healthy no matter what. I don't care if they have a 500 calorie menu or whatever.

Food from chain restaurants is NOT healthy for us no matter what they try to market it as.

*kitten* marketed as flowers is still *kitten*.
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    We go to the melting pot and just get dessert and a glass of wine.... its about $30 a couple. Its fun to indulge and be romantic with my husband.... keeps us young and married.
  • Onesnap

*kitten* marketed as flowers is still *kitten*.

Thank you. Yes...chain restaurants (yes, even Legal Seafoods) is not healthy. For those of you that eat at Applebees you should read the book about the woman that went undercover at Walmart, Applebees, and picking produce in Central Valley CA. It was actually a really amazing book.

Most chains do not actually "cook" the food. They just heat up frozen food. Kinda like Lean Cuisine only a lot more $$. Just ask anyone that works at Applebee's, Chilli's. etc.

Thank you for seeing my point. It's all fast food.

Even if you cook it yourself in the case of Melting Pot it's all previously frozen...fast food.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,576 Member

I haven't read the whole thing and I probably should but my general rules always applies in life- ignore the rudeness. I'm sorry you had to go thru people being mean. :frown:

Read the whole thread and then get back to us. The rudeness was coming from OneSnap and then she got offended when people commented on her rampant and repeated posting of the same information. It bordered on spam.
This discussion has been closed.