Tall girls who wear High Heels!!! ( Guys Opinion Needed)

Options

Replies

• TravelinChiGal
    TravelinChiGal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I LOVE to wear my heels! I am 5'10" and with heels I usually range from 6'1" to 6'3". I got over my fear of being taller than guys when I grew 6” in one summer before 8th grade... You just have to work what you have, and everyone else be damned. If you like wearing heels, wear them! If you don’t, don’t! Leave more of the cute high heels for me :happy:

1529060.png
  • ClintSeeber
    ClintSeeber Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Just curious....
    I'm a tall girl ( 5'9) and I love wearing high high heels but Ive always dated guys a little shorter than me so I refrain from wearing my super High Heels so they don't feel self conscience walking next to me.
    Just curious if guys are really that self conscience when it comes to their height???
    At 5'9", you are likely to go out with guys a bit shorter than you. Do what you want to do; don't worry about them.
  • burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    I'm six foot....I still don't mind the high heels. They are sexy
  • ClintSeeber
    Options
    i'm also 5'9" - my husband is 5'7" (in shoes), and he keeps buying me 4-5" platform heels... so i'm thinking he's in the "go ahead & wear them" camp:bigsmile:
    He likes being towered by you.
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and I am super self-conscious about my height so I only date men 5'10 or taller. My boyfriend is 6'1, so I won't wear heels over 4 inches so that I'm not taller. I love to wear heels though!
  • ClintSeeber
    Options
    I'm 5'5" so most women are taller than me without heels! So to me it's no big deal if you wear them or not!

I have a saying that goes with being with a tall women....but I'll bite my tongue!! :tongue:
    Dude, most women ARE NOT taller than 5'5". Where did you get that from? That's ridiculous.
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm 5'9" as well! Common height here it guess. I love my legs and showing them off. I also love how heals make my legs look. The fashionable heals are usually 3.5-4" and I wear them all! I really feel sexy with heels. When I go dancing, it doesn't seem to matter to the men who ask me to dance.
  • ClintSeeber
    Options
    Go for it and wear those heels!

I'm 5'8 and I used to be so self conscious about wearing heels...most of the guys I dated were shorter than me already so heels just made me feel like a giant.

In all honesty even though my guy now is taller than I am I was still a little nervous to bust out the heels, until I found an awesome pair that I love. ;P Now I say screw it and flaunt it ladies!! Tall girls are beautiful!

Can those 5ft tall little petite things reach something off the top shelf for you?...I think not!
    Yes, even 5'8" is tall enough to where about half of all men are shorter than you.
  • ClintSeeber
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I LOVE wearing heels. Definitely get more attention when I do. My bf is 6'3" so it doesn't matter. I have however dated a guy who was 5'4" in the past. The height difference never really bothered either of us. I've grown to love my height.
    There you go. Enjoy your tallness. You are one of the relatively few to have that gift.
  • ClintSeeber
    Options
    I really needed to read this!! I am 5ft 10....and the last time I wore heels out I was over 6ft tall.....taller than every single person in the pub I was drinking at (including the men)...I am very self conscious but after reading this, I think I feel a bit better :) Thank-youuuu!! <3 x x
    Well at least every single person that was there looks up to you. Seriously though, that situation is not uncommon for a 5'10" woman in heels. It is likely to happen often.
  • ClintSeeber
    Options
    As a non-heel wearing 5ft 6.5 girl....how does one start? I know that sounds dumb...but wouldn't mind trying em out at one point. Since I'm a engine oil under the nails type of girl.
    I guess you would start by putting on a pair of high-heeled shoes.
  • ClintSeeber
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and mostly EVERYONE is taller than me. LOL!
    A woman in heels being taller than me has always bugged the woman more than it bugged me.
    I can care less.
    Dude, tons of people are shorter than 5'8", including the vast majority(like 95%) of women and a lot of men as well. I am 5'3" and not nearly the only guy around my height that I know. Quit being ridiculous.
  • ClintSeeber
    Options
    I'm 6'1 and wear 4" heels...

When I go out... invariably I will get comments, some guys get rude about it... but the ones that matter won't care.

I figure this... I'm already super tall... what's another inch on a mile.
    (Plus, I have big feet... so heels make them look nicer)
    Yes.

I have had mixed reviews at 5'8" I go out in wedge shoes and am taller than most. But I am with someone who's 6'2" so :D that's nice.

Funniest comment I heard upon entering the bar though was a guy saying in a flabberghasted tone " Look at the size of that b***h" :) Most guys never seem to mind though, it's how you look and act not your height. To be fair what's height laying down?
    With your wedge shoes on, what percentage of men do you estimate you are taller than usually when you go out? I am guessing probably a minimum of around 85%.
  • ClintSeeber
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and feel self-conscious in even 2" heels. I feel like I look like a Sasquatch stomping around the room that everyone looks at. And I don't really like when I'm in a group shot with girls who are all 5'1"-5'4" and I'm towering over them like some big Amazon woman lol. I don't want to be short, but I just don't like sticking out like a sore thumb!

I feel more normal around my tall girl friends, or when my short friends wear shoes that make them my height!
    Just goes to show that people are not as tall in general as people tend to assume when you feel that way at 5'7".
  • Vicxie86
    Vicxie86 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2 and max heels i wear is 3.5". People tell me EVERYDAY "you're tall enough, why do you wear heels?". I just reply with 'i look sexier with them on'.
  • ClintSeeber
    Options
    I'm 5'8", which is just tall enough for people to notice that I'm tall. Most of the guys around me who are into the same things I am (comics, video games, etc) tend to be shorter, usually around 5'6". They also seem to be the ones who care the least, or are perhaps more attracted to tall women. When I wear tall heels, it automatically weeds out the guys who are too superficial to date a girl taller than them. Seems like a perfect solution to me.
    Cool. I like that.
  • ClintSeeber
    Options
    5'8" and I wear my heels with pride.......my husband is a smidge shorter than me and loves it!!!!!
    That is how it should be.
  • borst13
    borst13 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    After reading this I think I need to wear mine more often.
  • michalkempton
    Options
    I am a tall girl - 5'113/4 inches. And all through High School I wore flats. When I turned 19, I had the opportunity to work at a job with a great number of "tall girls," AND ALL OF THEM WORE WHAT EVER SHOES THEY WISHED!!!!! It liberated me!
    - As for the men, there are ALOT of men that like tall women, even if they are taller!!!! If a guy has a problem with that, he is not the guy for you…because there are too many men who LOVE LOVE LOVE TALL WOMEN!!!!
    So buy those shoes girl, they make you look fantastic anyway
  • Hockey_Winger
    Hockey_Winger Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I am a bit over 6'2 and I have to admit I do get a bit intimidated at first when I do encounter someone taller. Long ago I dated a 5'9 girl who liked heels. She looked good in them so I didn't complain, I just wore cowboys boots when she wore heels. :P