it's 2013, why are women playing mother to their husbands?

Options

Replies

• sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    What? Look, stop with these threads already! If you have issues at home then solve them. If not, then seriously, who are you speaking to and why is it your business?
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    They're mothering us because we still act like children!
  • kbitzonefour
    kbitzonefour Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    OP should have married someone else? Lol. My hubby does nothing cooking wise, and I don't care. I love to cook and I married him KNOWING he doesn't! Get over it? LOL
  • KathrynCatlady
    KathrynCatlady Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Usually your blog is much better suited to vent off any hard feelings you got. Or you can just email me and we can talk about whatever you're going through that made you create this thread.

Good luck in future. Please talk to somebody because its worrying how you just went off and created a thread like this...

Heres the link to your blog you can use to spread such news about men

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/morguebabe

AMEN.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Is this rant available in the form of a bumper sticker?
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Is my breakfast ready yet? And no, I don't want that frufru crap you had.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    meh, I can cook, my kids are picky...so there were years when I didn't. I'd frankly love to have a chance to cook for my bf, I want to spoil him...and I don't see anything wrong with that. Do I love cooking? I don't mind it...if there are people there who will eat it.

It seems to be a pretty individual thing...so, if it bugs you OP make a change...
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    rather amusing...
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You might want to consider what your problem is. Usually a rant like this means more..
  • 1newcat
    1newcat Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm going to assume you don't have kids and you're not married.

Lol!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    My wife only sees the kitchen when she comes in the house through the garage. I do all the cooking. Always have.

Didn't read the whole thread...so don't know if this has been said...

"Just break up with him."
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    nobody's business. why care about what goes on in someone else's household. it's 2013, MYOB.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    My wife does maybe 75% of the cooking. When we were first married I did about 90% of the cooking but I was home a good hour before my wife everyday from work so I started dinner when I got home.

That was when she had an hour commute to work. Now she has a 4 minute drive to work FLANKED BY APPLE ORCHARDS AND THE APPLE BLOSSOMS while I have the crappy commute.

The original deal was if you cooked, you didn't do dishes. Somehow I am the one who does dishes even when I cook now. I always change the catbox. My wife cleans the bathrooms. I put out the trash and do 90% of the snow removal and she does 80% of the laundry, however, I generally gather up all the laundry and carry it down the stairs so we can sort the laundry.

It's all about a division of labor that we sat down and discussed. I totally got screwed over the dishes though :sad:
  • sjglancy
    Options
    exactly. if it works for them, whatever. if it's not working and they're annoying you with their complaints, direct your comments/helpful suggestions to just whoever you meant this for.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I agree with you from a personal standpoint, about my life and my relationship goals.

I don't agree with starting threads just to judge other people's relationships. I think everyone can make their own choices about who does what in relationships. Judging gender roles for others based on your own preconceived notions is wrong.

this
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Why cook for my husband?!!!! 1. I love him. 2. He does the laundry, the ironing, the floors, and plenty other stuff. 3. He works full time in a very stressful job and with a 2hr commute. 4. I want him around for a long time!

Yes, he can cook, but I won’t let him because I took the responsibility to have healthy meals at home, and just to blow your mind, I DO introduce foods to him just like a toddler! Why, because most of those foods he doesn't know about. He never tried asparagus, quinoa, kale, radishes, etc, etc, until I started preparing them at home. I prepare him meals and pack his snacks for the day. As of today he has lost 25lbs because of my extra effort and his cholesterol is normal again. Of course I can let him cook and add butter and salt to everything so other people feel happy; but nobody is going to show up at my house to help raise my kids and pay the rent when he dies of a heart attack at an early age. I cook because I love my family!

Now to the OP, mind your own business!!!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    What is your point?

Is there some epidemic out there where women are now being required to cook separate meals for everyone?
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Look, feminism is about having the CHOICE to play traditional roles or not. It is not a rejection of all things done in the home by a woman.

A married couple is tasked with caring for one another. It is up to each couple to decide how to do this, according to one another strengths and weaknesses; it should have nothing to do with traditional gender roles. It is not wrong for a woman to cook and a man to install gutters, any more than the reverse is wrong.

This ^. That said, mine can't cook. I've taught him a thing or two. Not much more than a thing, or two. Because he seriously didn't know how to cook when I married him. Both my boys from a previous marriage do, and they do a lot of the cooking at their houses. Here's the thing, though. I'll have to live with him after he ruins his body by not cooking and only eating junk because it's easy. So I cook most of the food and keep trying to teach him. Mostly he heats up the food I cook and leave in the fridge. It's just not a priority for him. The handy thing is he'll heat up my healthy food, and I do the shopping, so if it's there I put it there. In that way at least I can control what he eats toward more healthy. Mostly. Because it'll be me driving him home and living with him when he's had that heart attack. And his daughter is the one that has to live without her Dad if he clogs his system with junk. Now, my Dad was an *kitten* about it with my Mom, and she did it because it was her "job". That was their decisions.We each have our uses in the relationship. You have to divide up your house as you can. And compromise where you can.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Do people really pay that much attention to what happens in other people's houses? I don't usually have enough time to track everything that happens in my house!

Is it a huge issue that families are eating a bunch of separate meals? I guess, whatever works in a family. There are going to be reasons in some houses why more than one meal needs to be prepared.
  • sclarktiw
    Options
    Hey you reap what you sow...

I am rather offended with the thread...as I:

Cook
    Clean
    Changed diapers
    Bottle fed at 3am
    When the wife cooks and I am late there is a plate in the micro for me (I dont ***** as I am appreciative)
    Fix things around the house
    Shovel snow
    Work full time
    Be the stern father when need to be (sometimes SOOOO HARD)

I do it because it is my job as husband and father and because I love and respect my wife.