"Good for you" foods you just can't stand?

Options

Replies

• MrsWells1983
    MrsWells1983 Posts: 160
    Options
    Love quinoa, we go through a lot of it and no longer eat rice. I eat a tonne of cottage cheese, ricotta and yoghurt. Brussel sprouts are one of my fave veg LOL

Can't stand:

Kale (definitely would much rather silverbeet/spinach), tofu, tin tuna (unless it's mixed with a tin of salmon in my home made fish cakes!), raw celery (soup is fine), eggplant, grapefruit, almond or soy milk (cows milk or nothing).

There's not much I won't eat or at least try once!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Shiritaki noodles! :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Quinoa. I'll try just about anything food-wise to avoid offending someone but this is a food I will never make a regular part of my diet. Put simply, I found out last semester that the rush of people buying it as health food has disrupted the traditional diet of the people growing it and kinda messed things up.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Spinach. I hate it but eat it daily.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Its not that I cant stand it, its just that as soon as the asparagus can be tasted by the taste buds the body immediately begins to rejects it and all sorts of heaving to expel said asparagus commences.

Asparagus = Involuntary Vomitting
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Shiritaki noodles! :sick: :sick: :sick:

I just ate these. I don't know why I felt the same way eating them. They taste the same but I literally could not finish them.
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Olives *shudder* :sick:
  • adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    lobsters and crabs...sick sea spiders....lol
  • chelley_79
    chelley_79 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    most veggies... yuck...just have a few I like... a very small few.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Raw carrots can gtfo and take low fat cheese with them.

I picked up a package of Shiritaki noodles yesterday and I'm kind of terrified to try them. They may or may not join this list in the near future.
  • recoveryjunky
    recoveryjunky Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    OATMEAL. Disgusting unless you put equal parts oatmeal and brown sugar. Then it's only gross.
  • Gearjammer71
    Gearjammer71 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hummus! They claim it's ground up chickpeas but I suspect it's more like ground up grasshoppers and puke.
  • beckiern1
    beckiern1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    definitely yogurt. and bananas.
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Kale...yuck...I just can't, I've tried and tried!
  • katealbright
    katealbright Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It's so funny. People (mostly my family) talk about me, my vegan lifestyle, and my weight loss all the time and say, "She's a rabbit, like all she eats is kale." And I HATE kale lol I don't care how much of a superfood it is, it's urine in lettuce form.
  • katealbright
    katealbright Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    lol @rm830... I know! I seriously tried really hard many times to like kale. I forced down so many bunches of it.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Haha I thought I was the only one who hated oatmeal! I even hate oatmeal cookies.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand sweet potatoes.
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    For me I find it's mostly about texture... rather than taste. Although, with some, it's all about not liking the taste at all.

Celery- cannot stand the strings and the smell... and yess celery has a smell
    Onions- unless they're cooked or chopped up really small
    Tomatoes- I like them if they're diced and all the slimey seeds and guts are gone
    Mushrooms- ugh! the squeak when you chew them... reminds me of what mice sound like when being eaten by a snake!
    Cottage Cheese- ugh! lumpy!!
    PLAIN greek or regular yogurt (I love flavored yogurt)- I don't care what the heck you mix into it... it doesn't make it taste better! I'll take a little added sugar for something flavored that I really enjoy thank you very much!