"Good for you" foods you just can't stand?

Options

Replies

• sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Hummus
    Avocado
    Most sea food besides mild white fish ( tilapia, haddock) and it has to have a flavored coating
    Anything soy based
    628462 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Carrots and oatmeal....blecch! But I still try to eat them!
  • sdbart
    sdbart Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    celery and olives!
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    EGGS and AVACADO! Hate em both!

ABSOLUTE ditto!!!! I hate boiled eggs, and avocado? EWWWW!
  • andijean31
    andijean31 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is technically "good for you" but I can't stand spaghetti squash.
  • tigerlily886
    tigerlily886 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yogurt. Sorry to all of those dumb commercials, but a real cheesecake does not compare to cheese-flavored yogurt! Eating something like that will just piss me off. Give me the real thing. Yogurt is just so boring to eat. I like chewing my food, I'm weird. I make an expectation for mashed potatoes.

Peas, ew yuck.

Oatmeal and cottage cheese, I can't stand the texture.

Apples, unless they are drowning in peanut butter. Okay I would use apples as a spoon for the peanut butter. That's why I don't eat them. I would eat a whole jar of peanut butter doing that.

I tried those Special K cracker chips, nope. I'll eat regular chips.
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Most fish with scales (think slamon etc because I like friend clams, lobster, shrimp etc). I can really only do Tuna in a can, some Korea red pepper dish, and this bright green indian dish. Basically the fishiness must be covered up big time!

I also can't do brussel sprouts. I can force myself to eat them but do not enjoy them at all and it gets worse with the more I eat them.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Tofu, hummus, Greek yogurt, and shrimp. I'm about to take the plunge and try hummus again since it's been a good long while and I only tried it once or twice, but I do not have high hopes.
  • RebeccaHite
    RebeccaHite Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hot dogs yuk
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Garlic and basil. Eww

wtf?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I would have a shorter list if I had to list the foods that I do like :tongue:
  • ecka723
    ecka723 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower and broccoli - bland boringness. I do force them down from time to time, but have never liked them from childhood. Even my mother calling them "trees" didn't make them any more appealing to me.

Throw a pinch of parmesan after it's steamed and you'll be in broccoli heaven!
  • ixiHemlock
    ixiHemlock Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Cow's milk...I feel like I can taste all the savory pus in there, ew!
    Walnut
    Avacado
    Mango
    Most red meat or meat in/on shells or bones; meats which you can see the fat in/on
  • improveanna
    Options
    I like most things, and a lot of stuff I didn't like when I was younger I like now, but there are a few things that my tastes have not changed regarding:
    Bananas. I just hate them. The smell, the texture. Which is unfortunate, because I love smoothies, and recipes always call for banana, and the smoothies tend to be less nutritious without...
    Also, I'm not a fan of fish. I like tuna, and can just about stand salmon, although the smell makes me want to cry, but any other fish...
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and grapefruit. I just can't stomach either.:sick:
  • CeddysMum
    CeddysMum Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and grapefruit. I just can't stomach either.:sick:
    I'm with you there, and add tofu into the mix - :noway:
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Quinoa and avocado! They *should* be including in my diet since I'm a veggie with a slight lactose intolerance trying to eat a plant based diet but EWWWWWWWWWWWW!
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Avocado and hummus :sick:
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    avocado :noway:
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    avocado