Any chubbies at your gym?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Ahh hell...bust through the front doors and be all "Yeah what of it?! I'm here to work out!" and go on with your bad self.

For real. OR....are there different times you can go? I'm not a huge fan of going in the evening because there are a ton of youngins there...they don't make me self conscience but they do take up a heck of a lot of machines lol. Try going before work.

Just be confident and know you're doing what you need to do. I'm def a chubster and I walked into the gym tonight with a Spartan Race tshirt on....back says "I'm training for a Spartan Race" and I got so many looks...I'm sure there may have been a few thinking "yeah right" but there were many that thought just the opposite....but the best thing was...the dude lifting who stopped me as I walked by to say "Great shirt...good luck". Most of them respect hard work and dedication, no matter what your size is at the moment.
  • LemonMint6
    Options
    I *PROMISE* that the gym has seem something weirder than u...:wink: I workout at the college and most ppl are athletic in there, I don't fit in.. however there is one guy who sings at the top of his lungs on the elliptical... nobody says anything

This was me in college, I was in a musical with the theatre department and needed the stamina to sing and workout at the same time!
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    One of the trainers at my gym is kinda "chubby". I'm sure he's strong too, though! :wink: Other people that work at the gym are kinda chubby as well. Plenty of other overweight people there also. Maybe they feel self conscious, but so do I when I'm at the gym. I think everyone does. Personally I try to never judge people, and when I do it's because of something (stupid) they are doing, not because they are making a good decision to go to the gym to work out and get healthy. Now, get your behind to the gym!! No more excuses! :smile:
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    No need to fear it, 80% at the gym are obese and trying to fix it.
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Totally know how that feels, Aspen seems to be for 30 somethings who run marathons every weekend...

I had to kick myself hard to get over this. Every time I caught myself worrying about how someone thinks of me, how intimidated I was, I gave myself a mental kick in the *kitten*, and refocused on me. The only thing I worry about is if I'm going to be on the floor doing push ups or something, is if I'm going to block traffic around me.

Though I will say, there are a handful of seniors--IE 50-60+ yrs old--who wipe the floor with every younger person there, and are I definitely admire the *kitten*-whoopings they give! They are fat, lean, runners and bulkers who simply work hard, and are dripping sweat by the time they finish.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I would say the average member at my gym is slightly overweight and around 40 years old. We have everyone from college aged skinny cardio bunnies, to super jocks to 70+ year olds, and 300+ pound people.
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    There are all sorts of people at my gym! Thin or "skinny fat" girls that just hang out and talk while walking on the treadmill, "chubbies" as you say working they're butt off on the ellipticals (I high five some! Love those people) an elderly Indian woman who insists on wearing a Sari while on the treadmill, Beefheads who are not actually doing anything but taking mirror pics and photos of each other, and then people like me! Covered in sweat, not so cute anymore, working my butt off!

To be honest, I am there a lot so I see tons of people, i love em all haha! But realistically no one there care's if you're there or what you're doing. They are all there for their own specific reasons just like you! so go!