Do you get a lot more attention after weight loss?

Options

Replies

• TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Nothing additional for me, but then again, I'm not in as many social settings as I used to be. I also lost my boobs, which were my only saving grace when I was overweight. Ce la vie?
  • jakeVScalories
    jakeVScalories Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    definitely after i lost my moobs and actually started looking somewhat decent in a regular shirt
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Umm, I have gained soooooo much attention, it's kind of crazy! It took some major adjusting. Everyone says it has to do with confidence...
    I've gained non sexual attention as well. I've worked for the same company for over 7 years and before I lost weight, the regional manager didn't even know my name, much less had a real conversation with me. Now I feel like we're best buds whenever she stops in! Strange...
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Yes, some is my confidence thanks to my MFP friends. But I'm frequently shocked at how aggressive the ladies are.
  • ashmorgstraws
    Options
    I don't get any more romantic attention, but I think since my confidence level has spiked and I'm no longer appalled at how I look, people can tell I'm happier and like living life more. :) So I get more attention with people talking to me and wanting to be around me. :)
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I do NOT want any more attention. I started losing weight to get less attention. Maybe if I look normal, people will let me fade into the background.
  • miss_rye_
    miss_rye_ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I agree with previous statements that normally weight loss = confidence, which in turn is attractive to people.

As for attention, I think being overweight can lead to negative attention. People staring, people whispering.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I am a flirt by nature so I asnswer this caustiously.

I have found that, yes, more men seem to notice me now. At first I was not sure how to handle this because I am married and felt awkward being approached by other men who never noticed me or *flirted* playfully before. My hubs can ogle me all day long and I love the *kitten* out of it, but it was really weird coming form other men who weren't playful this way prior to my loss. NOW I simply say thanks and if they persist I flash my permanently tattooed wedding band and let them know my hubs really likes my progress too. Some still flirt, harmlessly because it is just their personality like mine, the rest seem to get the point and stop. I haven't found anyone who hasn't respected my intentions to be faithful in my marraige.

By Harmlessly flirting I mean being playful without crossing lines... never touching and NEVER insinuating anythingsaid would even go further than mere fun words.... *hey there sexy... wanna go for a run in the woods nekkid* never really happens. IT's a playful gesture and nothing more.
  • roxierachael
    roxierachael Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sorry, no i get less attention now. Not sure why, but that's how it's panned out.

tumblr_mc9rb0Eo231ryqosco1_500_zpsbe907907.gif
  • ddeleonm09
    ddeleonm09 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Tons more attention after weight loss! Kinda ridiculous really lol. But I've also noticed that when the weight comes off I get more confident. So it could be that maybe we attract people due to our new confidence.
  • alexw94
    Options
    Yes, and at first I was unsure how to react, especially with attention from the opposite sex. Going into high school, the bubble I put around me turned into brick walls. I did not like attention at the time, which is why Im sure I put on a lot of weight. What I lost, I have gained in confidence. Now I love the attention. I love when the ladies come up and flirt. I love that I have opened up, made new friends, and met new people. A year ago I would not of been at 'that party' or on a date with 'that girl' because I didn't like to be noticed. Instead I would be at home, snacking, on the computer, or Xbox. I'm so happy I made the change and still work at it. I will never return to that lifestyle again.

At first all of the new attention is uncomfortable, but you get used to it. Then you will love it.

I still kind of get embarrassed when someone points out or comments on my weight lost in a large group of people. All positive attention, it's just weird because I'm still not where I wanna be.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I ran into some of my professors the other day on campus who haven't seen me since my first semester when I was at my heaviest and they were all smiles and amazed at how great I look. One said wow I can't get over how great you look! Another said you look awesome! I mean you REALLY look awesome!! I was speechless and just smiled and said thanks. Tried to change the subject because I wasn't expecting that kind of reaction and felt a bit uncomfortable. Turned it around to say how great it is to see them again etc.
  • Conorfitz92
    Options
    Yeah, women who once laughed at me now try and spark up a conversation! I just laugh inside and walk away.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    There was another thread like this not that long ago. Different people react differently. When I lost all of mine ( years ago) it was pretty noticable. Started at New Years like a lot of ppl but had dropped like 49 lbs by Easter, worked non-stop to do it. I'll be honest, the people that all of a sudden took interest in me I was'nt all that keen on. I was the same person inside. People are gonna say yeah but you become more self confident and that's sexy. Yes, yes it is a valid point. But what if I was in a auto accident? lost a leg? I quess I believe who we are is who we are, weight loss or not. better or worse.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Yeah, women who once laughed at me now try and spark up a conversation! I just laugh inside and walk away.

This is my point exactly ^^^^^^
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Fellas love me, I'm on my Kim K.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I think it has less to do with the actual weight you lost or what your weight is and more to do with the confidence you exude when you feel good about your self and are proud of yourself.
  • Conorfitz92
    Options
    Yeah I would. @ Kim K ^^^
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options

haha! Sweet revenge! :bigsmile:
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I think it has less to do with the actual weight you lost or what your weight is and more to do with the confidence you exude when you feel good about your self and are proud of yourself.

But how can we be sure? The two seem to be so intertwined. Anybody felt confident AND got plenty of attention while still overweight? Please share!

I know it's not all or nothing though. I still got/get attention while overweight, but less so. However my confidence is in direct proportion with my size, unfortunately.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!