What Do WOMEN want for Valentines Day?!?!?!?!

Options

Replies

• amandainez08
    amandainez08 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    No stuffed animals. All they do is pike up over the years and collect dust. I've tried to get rid of mine, but I feel so guilty...so they just stay in the top of my daughter's closet! But I agree with those who say dinner and a single rose. To me, a single rose speaks volumes more than a dozen. And dinner, whether it be at my favorite restaurant or my favorite dished cooked by my SO. Send the kids off (if you have them), put on some music, light candles, and wah-lah!
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    lessons or a class in something she's always wanted to do - photography, dance, cooking, beading, scrapbooking, guitar... the list goes on and on. And if its something you did with her that would really be the best.
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    the bf & i don't really do a lot for Vday...usually he gets some flowers and a pretty card. sometimes he'll throw in chocolates that we can share. last year, i got him a dvd he had been drooling over but wouldn't buy himself.

a pretty card is really all i need...and the time we'll spend together. for me, it's the little things!
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Homemade dinner, and cuddles.

I like this. I just read that men outspend woman by a ratio of 2 to 1 on Valentines Day.
    Add to that....Valentines day was created by a card company and in my marketing class was an example of how marketing changes perceptions to create spending. In other words Valentines day was made up by marketers to increase profits. Thats what its about folks. $'s

Revolt, do what this lady suggests or pick another day a week on each side to celebrate your loved one. Do we really need to buy an $80 bouquet of roses just for that specific day when we can buy one for $60 a week before that is nicer? Do we need a reservation on that specific day so we can spend too much for badly cooked food and poor service? Luckily, not my loved one. She would rather go a few days before or after and get great food, better service and the table we want.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    We don't really do Valentine's Day. My hubbs B-Day is the 13th so we usually celebrate his day and that's it. I don't really care about flowers, and he knows chocolate isn't something I want. He works for a jewlery company so I get random pieces thoughout the year.

I have told him though, as long as he is romantic all on his own there is no need to Valentine's Day.
  • WAnnB
    WAnnB Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Figure out her primary love language and you can't miss. If her primary love language is quality time then a gift just won't do it. If works is her love language then cleaning the kitchen for her might be a perfect gift.

My husband took time out of his really busy day to plant a rose bush for me. That was special to me. Made me FEEL really loved.
  • TMR001
    TMR001 Posts: 37
    Options
    Dinner made I don't even care if it's romantic

Toddler bathed

Toddler put to bed

To watch my darn scifi instead of sports.

my *kitten* with nothing to do but sit on the couch for 1 darn night

the truth is I'm just friggin' exhausted b/n stress at work and home and need a break, not something else to do on a Thursday night.
  • sjmitchner
    sjmitchner Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Tell her you love her, everyday. My hubby does this, it means the world to me.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Heart shaped box of candy was my only requirement. =D It could be super ****ty chocolate, too.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I asked for dance lessons (with him). Ballroom, salsa, something along those lines. He'd said he was willing in a previous conversation so I'm not asking for something I know he can't stand the thought of.
  • JULIEdance
    JULIEdance Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Just the time together, attention, make me feel loved.

Absolutely NO chocolates, dinner, card, anything pink or plushy (.... unless it´s a warm fluffy blanket, that would actually be appreciated, lol)
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    this.

P_500.jpg

^^^^
  • HeatherOberholtzer
    Options
    hmm if you have kids, then for you to take care of the kids and do the housework for the day, if no kids a nice dinner and quality time :)
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    A HUGE.....HARD.....LONG.....piece of chocolate!!! YOU HAVE A DIRTY MIND!!!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    a promise, a commitment, a ring... oh, and set the date for the wedding... lol!!!!
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Attention...and flowers. Can't go wrong with these.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    how about a pearl necklace? :indifferent:

No
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    this.

P_500.jpg

^^^^

what is that?
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Wow guys thanks for all the tips! Great stuff!
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    A day off from being a mom!!
    This, I got 5 kids from 11 months to 11 yrs and I would love a day to just be pampered. OR my house cleaned up. To be honest my husband is a truck driver and hardly ever home during the week and only home long enough to go to bed and get up in a few hours for work. In any case I would have to say that I would love a break and give him a break in return.