What Do WOMEN want for Valentines Day?!?!?!?!

Options

Replies

• flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Tiffany's and a new pair of boxing gloves
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    this.

P_500.jpg

YES!!! OH GOD, YES!!!
  • rsm1972
    rsm1972 Posts: 283
    Options
    I would like my someone to know me enough to get something without having to ask.... AND um no gift cards unless it is for Pedi/Mani or Spa day

What is it and if you know your girlfriend and your wife, you should and listen they will tell all !!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    him to come to town for dinner and sex would be nice, but since its on Thursday, something simple, like a card would be nice.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    A couple Benjamins in a card will work just fine.
  • Papalov100
    Papalov100 Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    A card and chocolate coverd strawbries , and also sex
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    A BJ, steak dinner and silence.

It's a two way street, you know? I love steak.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Well if my husband wanted to do something nice for me he would have had to really listen to me when I said I liked certian things wether its pink roses my favorite food or bieng out and bringing me back something just because, I know it might sound silly,but just yesterday my husband had to go and buy more body wash for me and instead of the normal unisex scent he bought me one with a nice girly scent.It might not be spectacular but atleast he was thinking of me.
    On his days off he gives me time if possible to be out and to have not have our two daughters with me.I appreciate that highly because Im a sahm and we share one vechile.

Its not all about exstravagance its about thought.
    Reminding the person your with that even know they have you they still feel the need to show you how much they care and appreciate all that you do for them.:heart:
  • dawnreid2012
    dawnreid2012 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My husband bought me a new bra lol He works offshore so he wasnt going to be home that day.. Usually he buys me candy a card and flowers but I rather have something I can use and not something thats going to pack on the pounds or die in a few days.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Something thoughtful (not necessarily spendy).
    Like dinner out -- it's not the restaurant you choose -- it's that you made reservations (so pizza okay)
    Or dinner in -- it's not the pizza you brought home, it's that you served it on nice plates with candles.
    Or even going out to the movies - it's a nice deal if you arranged the sitter, and pre-ordered pizza for the sitter and kids.
    Or if you want something simple and easy -- buy her 1 flower the night before, and leave it on the breakfast table in the morning.
    Heck, even just cuttingt the toast in the shape of a heart would work (pro tip: use a cookie cutter)

Or if you (or she) prefers spendy: all of the above, but the spendy version (exclusive restaurant; or bring home steamed lobsters; take her to the theater; a dozen red roses; buy a heart shaped waffle maker & make waffles w/fresh strawberries & cream )]

And it's a big plus if you make your plans ahead of time. Last minute may allow you to delay anxiety, but it shows as a desperate effort.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Depends on the woman. If my bf gave me a rose or a teddy, I'd never let him live it down. So, in my case, giving me anything is a big mistake. But, many women will also throw a fit if you don't spend at least a hundred euro on them. Just ask nicely "Tell me what you want so I don't hear about it" :laugh:

OR

Cry and walk out when they only give you a card, or worse, nothing at all.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    My wife is always cold so she likes it when I give her hot Diken's Cider. It's her favorite.
  • ashdred
    ashdred Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I say show your wife you created this forum. It shows how much effort you put into V-Day. :-)
  • ashdred
    ashdred Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    But....
    I'm all for thoughtfullness and sentimental value type of things.
    Love letters. Something that reminded you of me...

Hell...Give me a day off my feet because you've noticed I've been tired. #shrugs lol
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    My husband has been told... the card is where it's at for me! I just like to know he stood there in the card store and hand picked one just for me.
  • pinkstay
    Options
    I agree completely!!!! as long as she knows its something you did for HER, she will love it! Not just something you did because you felt you had to
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    a last tango in Paris...
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Just to spend time together but I'm not married so what in the hell do I know.
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Options
    Meh, I'm easy to please. Roses work, or if you really wanted to wow me, tickets to a live show (music or theater). Just don't try to get clothes or jewelry - because most women tend to be pretty particular about what they wear, and unless it's something they SPECIFICALLY hinted at, it would get awkward if you bought something that really wasn't their style at all - then they'd have to wear it just to give the appearance of liking it and not hurting your feelings (and God help you if you miss their dress size by more than a few sizes).

All in all though, after 14 years of marriage, valentines day doesn't really mean that much to me. It seems like a holiday destined to make couples "prove" their love to each other with gifts/cards/etc, and if putting up with my snoring, moodiness and vampire romance obsession for that many years doesn't prove his love enough, no bunch of roses is going to make me any more convinced.
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    Last year me and h2b spent valentines day with my little one, had a lovely meal for lunch ... and then me and my sister were violently sick all night. My parents were away so I was looking after her and then over the course of the night he took charge, got me all cleaned up and put into bed, made sure me and her had buckets by the bed, calmed down the baby and got him into bed with us (he was 1.5 and terrified because I wasn't well).
    The next day he arranged for my aunt to get my son so I could rest, went to class, missed a night out and came back with heat rub and ran me a bath.

That was pretty special. He never ran away, he never bummed that his night was ruined etc. he just looked after me and cared for me.

This year I'm hoping it goes slightly better than the last. We're going to the cinema to see either Django Unchained or the new Die Hard movie. We'll be at his flat, as will his flatmates, so not too romantic for dinner, but I'll either cook something nice, or we will go somewhere before the movie, and then come back and have champagne and I'll give him a massage :)
    There will also be candles and movies back at the flat too.

Me, I've not asked for anything. What I've always wanted is flowers delivered to me though. Never happened before :(