What Do WOMEN want for Valentines Day?!?!?!?!

Options

Replies

• crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I would like a single flower as I don't like bouquets. I'd be more than happy with jewelry (go by her birth stone if you don't know what she wants).

I would LOVE it if you did that one chore that I hate doing for me before I got home from work.

I don't want a teddy bear I have a million.

A nice high quality slice of cake for dinner fro a local bakery would be awesome. Also, I would like going out for ice cream.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    dunno about women generally, but I want a power cage and barbell with lots of weights. And some new dumbbells, and a pull-up bar (that can be part of the power cage if you want) and a bench. And a thing where I can do triceps dips.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Just don't get her TOOLS.....even if they are in a red box (YES, my husband did this for me when we were dating). :grumble:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Dayum....a lot of people aren't getting sex very often, I guess..

I want some new running or spinning shoes...THAT'S a gift (I can get sex any day)

No, we have lots of sex. We just aren't into gifts. We get what we need/want when we need/want. On special occasions I want sex, just like any other time.
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    what I am going to do.. I am going to put a poem under her pillow, then have that poem lead her to secrets around the house, such as guiding her to a hidden flower, that will have a poem to the next gift and so on... the last present will be..special.. :bigsmile:
  • FeministJaz
    FeministJaz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I want the same thing for Vday that I want every day: to end all forms (implicit, explicit, subtle, discursive, physical, symbolic, direct, indirect) of violence against women.....AND all individuals and communities who's genders, sexualities, ages, dis/abilities, racializations, classed/economic locations, languages, ethnicities and religions are made marginal by dominant social ideologies and practices.
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Options
    what I am going to do.. I am going to put a poem under her pillow, then have that poem lead her to secrets around the house, such as guiding her to a hidden flower, that will have a poem to the next gift and so on... the last present will be..special.. :bigsmile:

Just please tell me it's not going to be your d**k in a box, because unless you're Justin Timberlake or the previous five gifts were margaritas, that finale might not go over well.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    We're having a late dinner at a local restaurant where he knows the chef/owner because he just did a photo essay there. We both took the next day off so we're having lunch at another local restaurant (to talk to the chef about another photo essay). We'll just wander and be lazy all day.
    He probably will give me flowers. And they will probably end up on fire. It's one of the hazards of being married to a photographer. He's been experimenting with fire lately so the phrase "Honey, why are there charred tulips in the sink?" has become pretty common in our house.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options

Ha, I did that, minus the romance, for my brother one christmas
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    If I haven't shown her how much I love her the other 364 days of the year, one day that florists made up won't help.
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    If I haven't shown her how much I love her the other 364 days of the year, one day that florists made up won't help.

I feel sorry for your wife.
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    For me it would just be alone time with him. no kids, phones, tvs etc. Flowers r nice but not necessary. He doesn't get chocolates cause I don't really eat them. One year he bought me a new dish set in the style that I had said I liked. I get affection and attention daily when he is home so just some alone time would work.

above was my original answer, now I just want hubby to be home but thats not happening. :sad:
  • liliumkain
    Options
    What I want for Valentine's Day is to not be alone
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I asked DH for Wii Zumba, but one should NOT take this as a suggestion unless explicitly instructed to by your SO :bigsmile:
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    A trip to my favorite coffee shop and a day off from work. :)
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options

I don't. I think he means that we should treat our sweeties well throughout the year, not just on the one day.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    They want you to give them messages of affection.

tumblr_mhqb20STGn1r4sblzo1_400.jpg
  • swoods516
    swoods516 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    A foot rub goes a long way!!! To be treated special.
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options

I don't. I think he means that we should treat our sweeties well throughout the year, not just on the one day.

I read it as he doesn't show her how much he cares ever so he's not gonna do it then either.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

I read it as he doesn't show her how much he cares ever so he's not gonna do it then either.

You read it wrong.