Left Handed Compliment. Who's getting them....

Options
14567810»

Replies

• crossfit_lover
    crossfit_lover Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Get them every so often...was told this weekend. "You're healthy so why go so often" :devil: :devil:
  • liztall01
    liztall01 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a 6'3" woman so I've spent my life hearing people's comments about my appearance. They give me their opinion and then pretend its a compliment. End of story, its rude to comment on people's looks in any respect unless you're telling them they look fantastic or they ask. I think most of us know what we look like already without people having to tell us.

Don't worry, as you stabilize your weight, the people you know will get used to it and it won't be a novelty anymore. I'd anticipate a weird month or two of comments during this process.

If you want to be edgy do what my cousin did when someone asked her if she dyed her hair bright blonde (she did).

"Your hair is soooo blonde, is it natural?"
    cousin: "why yes"
    Me later to cousin: "but you did dye it"
    cousin: "listen, if they can be rude enough to ask, I can be rude enough to lie." I still laugh at this.
  • liztall01
    liztall01 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    LOL that's hysterical
  • Tess8807
    Options
    I for one am done being so concerned with what everyone says and thinks. I'm doing this for me and my health. Say what you want, think what you may. It wont affect my progress or my happiness.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I for one am done being so concerned with what everyone says and thinks. I'm doing this for me and my health. Say what you want, think what you may. It wont affect my progress or my happiness.

Perfectly said
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I've gotten "Wow.. you've changed! You look so much better NOW!!"

"You look good where you are, Don't lose any more weight or you'll look like a bobble head."
  • crossfit_lover
    crossfit_lover Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've gotten "Wow.. you've changed! You look so much better NOW!!"
    Sorry to hear that!! Quite undeserved..
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I saw this thread the other day, and came back to post.

Last night over skype my mom (my harshest critic all my life) says: "Wow, I can really see in your face how you've lost weight". I smile. And wait for it...
    Then she says "Now your cheeks are going to droop and you will get jowls and need botox."
    I am 37 years old! WTF mom!?

She's taken such glee in pointing out how fat and unattractive I am my entire life. (I am not either of those things, I am now realizing, she's just always made me feel that way). Total strangers say nice things to me. She rarely does and when she does it's back/left handed.
  • Tess8807
    Options

Perfectly said
    Thank you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!