What is a MILF? Should I be offended or what?

Options

Replies

• angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    It's one thing to think this, or use the term with friends, but to say it to a woman's face is very disrespectful.

But I'd expect nothing less from a culture that's circling the drain.
    It's only disrespectful if you believe that women aren't supposed to think about sex or like sex.

I can't imagine that anyone in their right mind would rather be born a female in the US 100 years ago instead of being born a female in the US today.

Only a person with a relatively low, to moderate intelligence level would come to that conclusion.
    How stupid does someone have to be to not see the double standard implied by, "it's not ok to tell a woman she's sexy (but it's ok to tell a man he's sexy.)"

What the hell are you talking about?

You're working real hard to draw these links, you might be better served to use that energy for something productive.

I'm betting your the kind of guy that would find evidence of sexism and oppression while reading the Cat In The Hat.

BTW, thank you for reinforcing my previous point.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    It's one thing to think this, or use the term with friends, but to say it to a woman's face is very disrespectful.

It's only disrespectful if you believe that women aren't supposed to think about sex or like sex.

I can't imagine that anyone in their right mind would rather be born a female in the US 100 years ago instead of being born a female in the US today.

Only a person with a relatively low, to moderate intelligence level would come to that conclusion.
    How stupid does someone have to be to not see the double standard implied by, "it's not ok to tell a woman she's sexy (but it's ok to tell a man he's sexy.)"

You're working real hard to draw these links, you might be better served to use that energy for something productive.

I'm betting your the kind of guy that would find evidence of sexism and oppression while reading the Cat In The Hat.

You're the one finding disrespect in being called sexy. What the hell are you talking about?
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong that I'm not agreeing with a lot of women on here and I take it as a compliment when someone calls me a MILF? I don't see how someone can read into this so much ...they're giving you a compliment and telling you. "hey you're hot, I'd bang you" ..I think it's awesome!

I like it, too!

Me three ;)

I guess we all read into things as for me. M for Mother - infers a married women. So those who believe it's a compliment or being called sexy, think it's ok for someone to intentially come on to a married woman ? I think you are being decieved by the intentions of the guy saying this to you . He is not saying you are sexy. He has no respect that you are married, and if you go along with it, what are you saying about your own marriage ?

Good lord please tell me you are joking with what you just said. First off, not all mothers are married. And what you're saying is if a man says to a woman that she's a MILF and he thinks she's hot...and she takes it as a compliment..that her marriage is bad? I would say that if that woman took the compliment and then SLEPT with that guy..then THAT would say a lot of her marriage. But it's just a different way of saying someone is hot..that's all it is.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

You're the one finding disrespect in being called sexy. What the hell are you talking about?

i'm just going to chime in, because no one is saying it is disrespectful to tell someone else they are sexy, regardless of gender.

if you find a woman sexy, walk up to her and hump her leg - should she be okay with that because hey, that's just they way he lets her know he thinks she's sexy? the correct answer is "no."

The point is not the message. It's the way the message is communicated that he finds disrespectful. You can tell someone you find them attractive by sending roses, or by walking up them and make grunting noises.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Are those the only two options?
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong that I'm not agreeing with a lot of women on here and I take it as a compliment when someone calls me a MILF? I don't see how someone can read into this so much ...they're giving you a compliment and telling you. "hey you're hot, I'd bang you" ..I think it's awesome!

I like it, too!
    It's all contextual. Maybe we should aske the hubbies here if they would appreciate it if a guy came up to his wife and said he wants to *kitten* her. What if he came up to her and said what a lovely MILF you are and handed her a 20. What would hubby do. Yes not all moms are married, and its the context of the situation.

Me three ;)

I guess we all read into things as for me. M for Mother - infers a married women. So those who believe it's a compliment or being called sexy, think it's ok for someone to intentially come on to a married woman ? I think you are being decieved by the intentions of the guy saying this to you . He is not saying you are sexy. He has no respect that you are married, and if you go along with it, what are you saying about your own marriage ?

Good lord please tell me you are joking with what you just said. First off, not all mothers are married. And what you're saying is if a man says to a woman that she's a MILF and he thinks she's hot...and she takes it as a compliment..that her marriage is bad? I would say that if that woman took the compliment and then SLEPT with that guy..then THAT would say a lot of her marriage. But it's just a different way of saying someone is hot..that's all it is.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    It is not a compliment, though some women respond to it. Basically it is a way for a guy say he wants to F**** you with no other interest. If that is your thing, cool.
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    It's all contextual. Maybe we should aske the hubbies here if they would appreciate it if a guy came up to his wife and said he wants to *kitten* her. What if he came up to her and said what a lovely MILF you are and handed her a 20. What would hubby do. Yes not all moms are married, and its the context of the situation.

I can't speak for other husbands, but I know my husband doesn't feel threatened by other people's opinions of his wife. I work my *kitten* off so my husband can be proud to show me off..if that makes me a terrible and shallow person, then so be it. And I don't know anyone that would walk up to someone and call them that. That doesn't happen here...where do you live ?! And if someone told me I was a milf and handed me 20 bucks..I'd go shopping
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options

I can't speak for other husbands, but I know my husband doesn't feel threatened by other people's opinions of his wife. I work my *kitten* off so my husband can be proud to show me off..if that makes me a terrible and shallow person, then so be it. And I don't know anyone that would walk up to someone and call them that. That doesn't happen here...where do you live ?! And if someone told me I was a milf and handed me 20 bucks..I'd go shopping

I live at the North Pole given today's weather, which indicates why I'm spending too much time here. My point is that it's contextual and alot of times its a guys way to get sex by hoping you think its a compliment. If you believe it's a compliment so be it and have a nice day
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    It is not a compliment, though some women respond to it. Basically it is a way for a guy say he wants to F**** you with no other interest. If that is your thing, cool.

Thank you
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

My husband has had people tell him that they'd like to *kitten* me and he's ok with that because I'm hot, he knows it and he's pretty damn proud of the work that I do to look the way I do.

As for saying I'm a MILF and handing me a $20 he'd punch the guy in the head because I'm worth a lot more than that.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    basically it means your only obvious quality is that someone would like to have sex with you despite being older and having had children.

There's probably a twisted compliment in there somewhere.

I'm old fashioned and believe there are far more creative and respectful means of complimenting a woman.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    if there is ever a time you don't want to ask people, or if they get embarrassed, you can always look it up on the internet. Going to Google.com and typing the word or phrase is helpful. you can also put quotation marks around it. There's also a website called UrbanDictionary which is basically a dictionary of slang terms. The address is www.urbandictionary.com - but just keep in mind that people on there can be pretty vulgar.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options

^^ this ^^
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    basically it means your only obvious quality is that someone would like to have sex with you despite being older and having had children.

There's probably a twisted compliment in there somewhere.

I'm old fashioned and believe there are far more creative and respectful means of complimenting a woman.

:flowerforyou:
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    If you called me a MILF, Would you be offended it I called you a mother f@cker ?

This should be on a giant billboard!!!
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    MILF Means Mom I'd Like to F__K. I this it is a little disrespectful however coming from youngsters that don't know any better I would say it is a compliment. I am trying to be a DILF, so at least I know I still have my mojo.

If that's you in the profile pic, mission accomplished.

^^^^ This. Hubba hubba :)
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    At least they didn't call you a GILF.
  • Sambytheway82
    Options
    I'd love to be someone's milf :/
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

I like it, too!

Me three ;)

I'm married, not dead.
This discussion has been closed.