Fishing for compliments?

Options
packratpatty
packratpatty Posts: 46 Member
I see a lot of posts on here that I suspect--and I am a highly trained investigator-- are people fishing for compliments. I also see a bunch of profile photos that I suspect may be fake. Seriously, what's up with all that? The topics of "give me a compliment", "would you date the person above you" , "my best feature", "hot affair, flirt or run like hell" and so forth.... what is the deal with all that? No?

Replies

• iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    Now, Tyler where are you??? Tell me i'm pretty again.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Free entertainment & boredom is my guess for all of those threads.
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I agree. Anyone without a real picture of themselves I'm just going to assume must be ugly.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Yes.

You're SOOOO FREAKING GORGEOUS!!!
  • rsm1972
    rsm1972 Posts: 283
    Options
    @iuliamad Very Pretty & Lovely Eyes :wink:
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    the picture I use here is a visual of what I will look like when I reach my goal weight. it helps me to see myself that way. helps in my success.
  • apg2302
    apg2302 Posts: 667
    Options
    Seriously, coming from a guy who has only recently been getting compliments after more than a few years of thinking he was the ugliest creature in existence, they can make a massive difference when trying to battle a lifetime of bad habits. :)
  • rsm1972
    rsm1972 Posts: 283
    Options
    I agree. Anyone without a real picture of themselves I'm just going to assume must be ugly.

Totally Agree with you, Why hide anything, that is the wrong reason be on the site, Just be real!!
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    Options
    Seriously, coming from a guy who has only recently been getting compliments after more than a few years of thinking he was the ugliest creature in existence, they can make a massive difference when trying to battle a lifetime of bad habits. :)

This!!!
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Everyone wants a little ego boost now and then!

(Though, I'm not sure what a fake profile picture would accomplish with this...)
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Scroll up^^ It says Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games. I'm not a highly trained investigator though....
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

bully. :angry:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

I'm SO ugly. Thank you for pointing it out. :angry:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

Totally Agree with you, Why hide anything, that is the wrong reason be on the site, Just be real!!

YUP!
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    Options

(Though, I'm not sure what a fake profile picture would accomplish with this...)

people get off on pretending to be someone else, have you seen the show Catfish? its freaking insane some of these people on the internet...
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Options

I'm SO ugly. Thank you for pointing it out. :angry:

Haha, I bet you're not.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    One does not need to be an investigator to realise this, it explains itself fully.
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    Options

people get off on pretending to be someone else, have you seen the show Catfish? its freaking insane some of these people on the internet...

Loooove that show
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Yes.

You're SOOOO FREAKING GORGEOUS!!!
    tumblr_lmcwknDoqw1qii6tmo1_400_zps02e3834e.gif
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Options

Keep up the good work!