Fishing for compliments?

Options

Replies

• goody2shews
    goody2shews Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    100% Agreed! Immature and narcissistic to say the least!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

Snog

Rejected

Yes

Damn, which is this thread again?
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    The reasons for non-self pictures are many.....job, privacy, previous stalkers, current stalkers, husband or wife has requested no pictures, etc. I don't want everyone on the internet having access to my picture....which, once you put it up as an AV, anyome can use it. Try googling your username and images.....that's what I'm saying...sometimes discretion is necessary. The pictures you use as AV pictures cannot be made private...and anyone can see them.

I think that matters less on here, I can't imagine many people googling "skinnyinnotime".
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I am not a great fisherman but I would love some compliments.....Please. Anyone? Come on, tell me how great I am. :bigsmile: :glasses: :drinker:
  • AmandaRhys
    Options
    Seriously, coming from a guy who has only recently been getting compliments after more than a few years of thinking he was the ugliest creature in existence, they can make a massive difference when trying to battle a lifetime of bad habits. :)

Agreed.
  • MichelleZannone
    Options
    My turtle thinks he is ugly. Somebody make him feel better.

Crap. I fail at the subtle thing.

Oh look at that cute little turtle face....and you smell good too...:smile:
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    The reasons for non-self pictures are many.....job, privacy, previous stalkers, current stalkers, husband or wife has requested no pictures, etc. I don't want everyone on the internet having access to my picture....which, once you put it up as an AV, anyome can use it. Try googling your username and images.....that's what I'm saying...sometimes discretion is necessary. The pictures you use as AV pictures cannot be made private...and anyone can see them.

I think that matters less on here, I can't imagine many people googling "skinnyinnotime".

This shows your ignorance, and I don't mean that in a mean way. But, this place is totally searchable on Google or any other public search engine around the world. A simple search for something, and boom! All the sudden your pictures pops up. It's a legit concern for many professions.

I don't think you understood me. If someone does a search using my name it's not going to show the pics I have on here.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    I am not a great fisherman but I would love some compliments.....Please. Anyone? Come on, tell me how great I am. :bigsmile: :glasses: :drinker:
    [/quote

Wow look at you, mmhmm, definately a 10+
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Someone tell me I'm pretty. And while you're at it, mention how nice my *kitten* is? Thanks :)
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Thinking about it, the obviously attractive people on here fishing for compliments is kinda funny. I'd be happy enough in myself if I looked half as ripped or attractive as half the people I see on here, without needing to ask for compliments!

QFT

To the one who said attractive people fishing for compliments, just because you think they are attractive it do's not mean they think the same way, somebody could could be ripped to the 9s and still not feel that great about themself.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Who cares? If you don't like those threads, don't creep on them or comment on them. Simple.

I'll be completely on board this plan as soon as MFP let's me filter them out of my RFT list.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Get over yourself.....it's a fun and game site...no one takes it seriously

Oh really?

Make a few honest posts in some of those fishing threads and let us know how "no one takes it seriously".
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    i don't necessarily see the harm in it as long as people don't take it too seriously....which they do! it's also a little alarming when you notice the creepers who lurk around a board until they see someone they like and then they comment away and start sending oodles of messages with winky faces in them. mfp is turning into okcupid!
  • bonsaiblossom
    bonsaiblossom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i never join in on those "am i hot" threads but anyway, if someone needs a confidence boost then why not?
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Why let it bother you? :noway:
  • davidpearly
    davidpearly Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Someone tell me I'm pretty. And while you're at it, mention how nice my *kitten* is? Thanks :)

your absolutely adorable and have a great *kitten*

feel better now
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    If I were going to fake a profile picture I would pick someone much better looking.

Hahaha... me too. I am what I am and that's ALL that I am.