Fishing for compliments?

Options

Replies

• Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I agree. Anyone without a real picture of themselves I'm just going to assume must be ugly.

I'm SO ugly. Thank you for pointing it out. :angry:

me too...BAH
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    People show up here with broken self esteem. Those threads help them put it back together. Don't hate.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    uncaptioned-NxPuN-50e0ac0b0a752.jpeg
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Who cares? If you don't like those threads, don't creep on them or comment on them. Simple.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    People show up here with broken self esteem. Those threads help them put it back together. Don't hate.

But what about the people who mend their own self-esteem by dragging others down?
  • EvaMRein
    EvaMRein Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree. Anyone without a real picture of themselves I'm just going to assume must be ugly.

Totally Agree with you, Why hide anything, that is the wrong reason be on the site, Just be real!!

So not true! I've been told that I'm very pretty but I don't post pictures of me on any social of any kind for 2 reasons:
    1. I was told that I was a narcissist for posting picture of myself.
    2. I don't want to attract any attention because of course that would be narcissistic of me. (See reason #1 above)
    So in conclusion, not everyone without pictures of themselves are ugly. #JustSaying
    PS. My that's a real picture of a real chocolate treat I got for my birthday on my profile. :-)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    But nobody told me how awesome I am in the last 2 hours:sad: :sad: :sad:

are you pinching your OWN a%$ in that pic..?!...if so, that is really much funnier to me than it probably should be.

Bloody hell!!! This is the second thread that mention that....I am trying to flex......FLEX!!!!!:sad: :sad:
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    this site is here to help people get fit and feel good about themselves, I feel good about myself and love helping other do the same.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

Thanks for pointing out how ugly I am. smiley-sad025.gif
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options

But what about the people who mend their own self-esteem by dragging others down?
    Those people suck, stink, and are generally bad news. Phooey on them.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Don't copy, Thomas.
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    The reasons for non-self pictures are many.....job, privacy, previous stalkers, current stalkers, husband or wife has requested no pictures, etc. I don't want everyone on the internet having access to my picture....which, once you put it up as an AV, anyome can use it. Try googling your username and images.....that's what I'm saying...sometimes discretion is necessary. The pictures you use as AV pictures cannot be made private...and anyone can see them.

If it's up on facebook, people can already find it and use it. Same goes for most places on the interwebs. I just treat MFP like I do facebook or any other social networking site.

Facebook has privacy settings....and why would I put my face in an av on facebook if I don't do it here?

I'm not saying you would, but facebook pretty much retains the rights to anything you post, whether you set it to private or not they can use it.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

Don't copy, Thomas.

And now you're being a mean bully to me. smiley-sad025.gif
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options

Totally Agree with you, Why hide anything, that is the wrong reason be on the site, Just be real!!

So not true! I've been told that I'm very pretty but I don't post pictures of me on any social of any kind for 2 reasons:
    1. I was told that I was a narcissist for posting picture of myself.
    2. I don't want to attract any attention because of course that would be narcissistic of me. (See reason #1 above)
    So in conclusion, not everyone without pictures of themselves are ugly. #JustSaying
    PS. My that's a real picture of a real chocolate treat I got for my birthday on my profile. :-)

Well, it does look tasty
  • YouAreYourChoices
    YouAreYourChoices Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The reasons for non-self pictures are many.....job, privacy, previous stalkers, current stalkers, husband or wife has requested no pictures, etc. I don't want everyone on the internet having access to my picture....which, once you put it up as an AV, anyome can use it. Try googling your username and images.....that's what I'm saying...sometimes discretion is necessary. The pictures you use as AV pictures cannot be made private...and anyone can see them.

Exactly this ^^
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    You don't have to have your face on it, you could have your body or a close up of your eye or a photo from behind you, your back, the back of your head... Can people identify you from that? Having a plant/inanimate object or a photo someone else is a bit meh... I'd be less likely to add someone if they don't have a single photo of themselves up.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Don't copy, Thomas.

And now you're being a mean bully to me. smiley-sad025.gif

You should probably report me.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options

I don't think I'm ugly, but I'm not nearly as cute as this two legged pig with wheels.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    maybe i am just cranky right now

and this picture conveys that.
  • leska1216
    Options

Totally disagree with both of you.

I don't have a photo because I don't have a photo and don't have a camera.

I have been told that I am drop dead gorgeous, but don't believe that. However, I see myself as a very good looking women who looks a good 12 years younger than actual age.