Fishing for compliments?

Options

Replies

• MrsPhan11
    MrsPhan11 Posts: 2,502 Member
    Options
    Everyone wants a little ego boost now and then!

(Though, I'm not sure what a fake profile picture would accomplish with this...)

people get off on pretending to be someone else, have you seen the show Catfish? its freaking insane some of these people on the internet...

Me too! Love it! Also, who doesn't like am ego boost every once in awhile?
    Loooove that show
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it grinds my gears if I'm honest.... 'Tell me I'm pretty'...'Am I am MILF?'.... 'Rate the person above you and tell the truth' etc...

Every fecker in that thread gives each other a 9. Hook those people up to a lie-detector test and do that thread live on Jeremy Kyle, liars get punished and then you'll see who is ACTUALLY a 9 and who is a 4/5.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    But nobody told me how awesome I am in the last 2 hours:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Well, obviously. Haha. The world is a pretty cruel place, a few threads where folks can feel good about themselves and make others feel good about themselves is not so bad in the grand scheme.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    Now, Tyler where are you??? Tell me i'm pretty again.

You're SOOOO FREAKING GORGEOUS!!!
    tumblr_lmcwknDoqw1qii6tmo1_400_zps02e3834e.gif

Have I told you lately how incredibly sexy you are???
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Funny-celebrity-pictures-dat-mermaid-*kitten*_zps91e4203c.gif
  • apg2302
    apg2302 Posts: 667
    Options
    Thinking about it, the obviously attractive people on here fishing for compliments is kinda funny. I'd be happy enough in myself if I looked half as ripped or attractive as half the people I see on here, without needing to ask for compliments!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I agree. Anyone without a real picture of themselves I'm just going to assume must be ugly.

I'm SO ugly. Thank you for pointing it out. :angry:

Me too, but I'm not angry about it. That just means less creeping and more cool peeps with a sense of humor and snarky, witty attitudes that I admire :flowerforyou:
  • lilmissbamaqueen
    Options
    My profile pic is real. It's just a picture of myself that I happen to like. :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,987 Member
    Options
    The reasons for non-self pictures are many.....job, privacy, previous stalkers, current stalkers, husband or wife has requested no pictures, etc. I don't want everyone on the internet having access to my picture....which, once you put it up as an AV, anyome can use it. Try googling your username and images.....that's what I'm saying...sometimes discretion is necessary. The pictures you use as AV pictures cannot be made private...and anyone can see them.
  • MrsPhan11
    MrsPhan11 Posts: 2,502 Member
    Options
    Funny-celebrity-pictures-dat-mermaid-*kitten*_zps91e4203c.gif

:laugh:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I agree. Anyone without a real picture of themselves I'm just going to assume must be ugly.

I'm SO ugly. Thank you for pointing it out. :angry:

Me too, but I'm not angry about it. That just means less creeping and more cool peeps with a sense of humor and snarky, witty attitudes that I admire :flowerforyou:

I'm not upset because I'm ugly. I'm upset because someone figured out my secret plan. I paid a thinktank, ffs.
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    The reasons for non-self pictures are many.....job, privacy, previous stalkers, current stalkers, husband or wife has requested no pictures, etc. I don't want everyone on the internet having access to my picture....which, once you put it up as an AV, anyome can use it. Try googling your username and images.....that's what I'm saying...sometimes discretion is necessary. The pictures you use as AV pictures cannot be made private...and anyone can see them.

If it's up on facebook, people can already find it and use it. Same goes for most places on the interwebs. I just treat MFP like I do facebook or any other social networking site.
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My turtle thinks he is ugly. Somebody make him feel better.

Crap. I fail at the subtle thing.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    If I were going to fake a profile picture I would pick someone much better looking.
  • Brewster1215
    Brewster1215 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hey, when I say I'm ugly, old and bitter...I mean it!
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options

are you pinching your OWN a%$ in that pic..?!...if so, that is really much funnier to me than it probably should be.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,987 Member
    Options

If it's up on facebook, people can already find it and use it. Same goes for most places on the interwebs. I just treat MFP like I do facebook or any other social networking site.

Facebook has privacy settings....and why would I put my face in an av on facebook if I don't do it here?
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    aw what a cute turtle ( really he is )