what are your goals you wanna reach by summer?

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people have weight goals, but...

I started last Jul, and originally, my goal was to be at 150 by this July. I am considering changing that to 185 by July 4th. I am eating closer to my TDEE now and losing more slowly. I lost over fifty pounds in 5 months, and while it's very cool to get rid of all that fat in such a short time, it was getting too stressful, both physically and mentally. So after Thanksgiving, I changed my calorie setting to 2500, which is my TDEE. I know that my protein goal is 80g minimum and I try to stay under 2000 on most days, but when "surprise days" happen (e.g. the company is passing out cookies/cake/ice cream to everyone at work), I just roll with it. I will go up to maybe 2300 on that day. No biggie. I am 207 now, down from 263, and I'm still losing. Since I changed my settings to 2500, I have been losing a pound here and there, sometimes two weeks in a row, sometimes every other week. But the scale keeps trending down, and I am continuing to get stronger. I am more focused on balance right now. I feel better, both physically and mentally, than I have in many, many years.

So really, my goals to reach by summer.....
    1) Purchase a set of *real* weights
    2) Jog up 5 flights of stairs without feeling like I will die.
    3) 25 *real* push-ups

Those are good goals, I think.
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I would like to be 10lbs lighter, 7% bF gone and a more visible pack!!
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I would be so damn happy if I could get under 200lb (need to lose 26) by July. I havent been under 200 in the last ~15 years of my life!
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    To be in better shape. Not worried about weight but with the number of baseball/softball games that I have contracts for and the usual heat I just want to do as good of a job on the last pitch as I did the first pitch.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I really just wanna reduce my body fat percentage as much as possible. My stomach area is holding on to it for dear life, though.
  • emgracefit
    emgracefit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well let's see summer is about 4 months away, I think if I lose at least 20 pounds by then, realistically. I wish and will strive to reach my goal of losing 50 pounds by the end of august.
  • Maelay
    Maelay Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just want to look fit in my clothes, bikinis, or dresses, and to complete the three 5ks I've signed up for :).
  • PosterGuy1
    PosterGuy1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I would like to be close to losing 100 pounds.
  • AshleyMertes
    Options
    I have a huge overall goal of about 90-100lbs i would like to use. But I'm going to start small with a 20lb weightloss. My birthday is in June so I'd love to be able to say I lost 20lbs! Also, my hubby and I have talked about our future and how we want to start a family sometime in the near future but I do NOT want to be 300lbs and prego! I just want to be a little more thinner and happier about my body. I do the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD during the week-I started it over again since I took a few weeks off. So, ontop of MFP and 30DS, I'm hoping to see those 20lbs gone. :)
  • bonjovi27
    bonjovi27 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I really just want to feel comfortable in a vest top :)
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Ideally, to lose the last 20 pounds of my original goal, but realistically, I will settle for being there by Dec 1st. I know it is going to be tough to lose this last 20.
  • Darmanin
    Darmanin Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    For me it will be to fit into a size 18 pants for this NYE. Looking to loose 40 kg this year ... 9.6 kilos down in 6 weeks so hopefully I will get there by 31st December. :-)
  • Lisa2bHappy
    Options
    By august I want to have lost 40 lbs..... Is that poss? Lol
  • Darmanin
    Darmanin Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    By august I want to have lost 40 lbs..... Is that poss? Lol

Totally :-) I have managed 21 pounds in 6 weeks ... and there is still 24 weeks until the start of August. So an average of 1.6 pounds a week will get you there.
    Good luck. :-)
  • PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    By June, I would really like to lose 30-50 pounds. I would be happy with 40 to be honest.
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I want to believe that by summer I'd be able to accomplish all my goals, but I am going to be hopeful with a bit of realistic:

By June I would like to be 145 lbs. I am 175 at the moment. I would look really good at this weight and feel motivated to continue my goals for the rest of the year. My fitness goal would be to complete my ballet body workouts by this time.. I keep putting the 2nd week off and I need to get back into itl
  • MissJJ74
    MissJJ74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Considering my birthday is in June, I just want to lose maybe another 20 lbs by then. I know my ticker says I have 11 lbs left, but if I can take it, I'll add another 9 lbs since I've been averaging 10 lbs a month on weight loss.
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    On my 27th birthday (this July!) I'd like to be down to 130. That's 8lbs away, but it's going to be slow going, and I can't really hope for more than that. (Not that I'd complain if I lose more!) 8lbs would let me feel amazing again, and not be afraid to wear a bathing suit in public. :)
  • tobejune
    tobejune Posts: 177
    Options
    lose 1% body fat, lose 1 inch from each thigh, my butt, and my hips. Lose 8 lbs. Fit into my last pair of pre-pregnancy jeans that are still too tight.
  • BrePrepared
    BrePrepared Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I purchased a shirt at a Wisconsin Harley-Davidson shop that is too cute not to wear. It's a XXL, but you know how they size them, so it's really an XL. I'd love to have that fit comfortably by the time August rolls around. I need to increase my activity level, but I'm so tired from working two jobs (about 50-60 hours a week depending). Also, I'm a night owl, so this getting up early to work out/walk before I go to work thing doesn't look promising. Have any of you made the transition? How'd you start and how'd it go ultimately? Keep up the good work everyone!