S/O name tattoed

Options

Replies

• blondie_182_182
    blondie_182_182 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My ex got my name and the date of our anniversary on his arm. 6 months later, he cheated on me. Idiot.
  • MireyaUribe
    MireyaUribe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do...its on my back...we are happily married going on 8 yrs and together for almost 10 yrs...No curse here
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    the only names i will ever get are my childrens
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    the only names tattooed on my body are my kids names,,they are with me forever,,girl-friends and wifes come and go..my tattoo artist wont even tattoo a name on anyone unless it is a blood relative..bad idea to put other names on you ,,unless you like cover ups
  • Brandnewme150
    Brandnewme150 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    People that say it is a curse or hex are being silly. I have had my husbands name tattooed on my arm for 11 yrs and everyone said the same thing youre only 17 theres no way you'll be together forever. And you know what even if something did happen I don't regret the time we have together and he is the father of my children so I wouldn't even get it removed because it is still a reminder of all the good memories too.
  • misseenk
    misseenk Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have my girls Lips on my arm, and we share a matching tattoo with the last name "EENK" on it.
  • misseenk
    misseenk Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    People that say it is a curse or hex are being silly. I have had my husbands name tattooed on my arm for 11 yrs and everyone said the same thing youre only 17 theres no way you'll be together forever. And you know what even if something did happen I don't regret the time we have together and he is the father of my children so I wouldn't even get it removed because it is still a reminder of all the good memories too.

take it from a tattooist, its not the tattoo thats the hex, its the relationship itself, if its not gunna work its not gunna work. I dont do sig. name tattoos because every one i've seen fails. i personally however do have my sign others lips and our last name on me, and whether or not we're together forever remains unseen but its been longer than 3 weeks or 3 months since we got them
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    No way! But that's just me, I don't like name tattoos period. I wouldn't even get my kids name.
    I do however think matching/couple tattoos are cute. Like, a cheesy example is when one person gets a lock and another gets a key or something. That's cute and I would do something like that.
  • Unique_ways
    Unique_ways Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yep sure do...
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    No. We just pee on each other every morning to mark our territory. :laugh: All kidding aside, no I don't have one, no I don't want one nor do I want my S/O 0f 16 years to get one. I've seen too many people that end up having to cover it up or live with it even though they don't live with that person any longer.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I dislike text tattoos for myself.

I don't have my husband's name, and wouldn't use text at all in any tattoos for myself, but a big portion of who I am is all wrapped up in my Irish heritage and identity, and his very very Irish last name goes right along with that.

My tattoo is a four leaf clover surrounded by shamrocks, and each shamrock represents someone.....one of them is for him. So there is no text, but it definitely symbolizes him, and our shared appreciation of things Irish.

I don't believe in curses, but I would not ever choose to tattoo anyone's name upon myself. Aesthetically, I prefer images to text.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I've got my kid's initials, but no way I would tattoo anything for my husband.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Spouse? Maybe. Someone I was only dating? No way.

A cover-up or laser removal can't be any more difficult or painful than a divorce, anyway.
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I once broke up with a girl and THEN she got a tattoo of a seahorse in a "J" shape for my name (Jason) on her wrist!

Craaaaaazy.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I never have and I never will. Its a taboo thing to do in the tattoo community, kind of a curse of sorts.

I dated my husband when i was in high school. He got our initials tattooed on his arm and I broke up with him the next day. He got it covered up of course, then about ten years later he found me on FB and we've been together ever since.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I feel like everyone I've ever known who tattooed a bf/gf/so name on themselves broke up, like, within a month. I would never.
  • Bkhall79
    Options
    Got my wife's first and middle name across my chest....about 12" wide. Chick who did my tatt said, "this is gonna be one HUGE cover up". Lol
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    For all the supporters of spouse/significant other name tattoos, of course it seems like a great idea when you're still together. Heck, you may, in fact be together for the rest of your lives. That's awesome! But I've never met someone that had a tattoo of their significant other's name that was no longer with them (excluding death) that was still happy with it. That distinction is the point. Skydiving is an awesome activity (and a fantastic idea) for plenty of people that partake without event every year. It's that one time that your chute doesn't open that's gonna mess you up. :laugh:

I should have used better phrasing, when I said "the Curse", it was tongue in cheek. I should've said, "I've noticed a pattern... "
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I know a girl that got HER OWN NAME tattooed in the typical "tramp stamp" spot. True story!