Please stop…I beg of you…

Options

Replies

• terriblyn
    terriblyn Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You guys are all ridiculous. Grow up. I don't know why some people feel the need to dictate what others do, but just cut it out and worry about yourself. If you like chicken wings and ice cream or w/e good for you. Go ahead and eat it. Not everyone can or wants to eat chicken, beef, cake, w/e and so they make up recipies using things that they can eat. If you don't like the way their recipies taste, take your own advice and just eat the real thing instead of complaining about people using the website in one of the ways it was meant to be used. If they want to call their version of pancakes 'pancakes' because to them they are pancakes, then why do you feel the need to dictate what names they give to their food? In the time it is taking all of you to collectively whine about other people not enjoying the same foods as you, you could've just had your damn pizza.

Boxxy?

I don't want to meet the person who can't eat cake! Poor little things :(
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Black bean brownies taste exactly like black beans mixed with sugar. :angry:

Chick pea "cookie dough" is sweet hummus and a waste of chocolate chips. :explode:

Ooh! I just remembered I have a frosty in the fridge. Healthify my frosty, I dare ya, suckers!

Ugh! The black bean brownies blow my mind! Why? WHY? Same carbs/sugar, same fat, same cals. WHY?!?!? For fibre? Eat some damn vegetables!

They hurted my heart. :brokenheart:
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    You guys are all ridiculous. Grow up. I don't know why some people feel the need to dictate what others do, but just cut it out and worry about yourself.

Hypocritical, don't you think, that you want to dictate what we do while simultaneously telling us not to "dictate what others do"...
    ... using the website in one of the ways it was meant to be used.

Another option of this website is for people to join in discussion and give their opinions about things, so we are also using this website the way it was meant to be used.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I really don't care what other people do, until they start entering it in the database. Net carbs may be important to you, but you better be marking your entry clearly if you are entering net carbs rather than actual carbs in the database!

I am getting a Yonanas this spring because the frozen bananas goop up the blender too much. It is better than ice cream, but I refuse to fight for it!
  • Domi_BTGfit
    Options
    Personally, I love my substituted "pancakes" of protein powder, mashed banana, egg and a little milk. I don't want to be fat and eating this substitute that looks, feels and tastes like a pancake is how I have lost half of my body weight. It's delicious and if I didn't know it was protein powder instead of flour, I wouldn't know the difference.

Another potato mash substitute is mashed (steamed) cauliflower and low fat cream cheese. Of course it doesn't taste the same, but if you need a plate filler or a meal topper (for a pie or similar) then there is a great healthy alternative. How does that hurt anyone to mention?

I agree, that some people don't like substitutions, but I don't know that it's fair to berate those who want to share their low-calorie/carb/fat recipes with other likeminded people - that is what we're all on MFP for, isn't it? Support, motivation and inspiration into health and fitness?

I agree though, if you want to eat buffalo wings, then do it... but seeking alternatives isn't exactly reinventing the wheel.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if you want a healthier cookie, use 1/3 whole wheat, or ad .25 whole wheat and .5 of some other grain. Also put between .5 to 1 C of oats in it. Do this with pancakes as well. Add nuts and dried fruit to the cookies, and add nuts and fresh or frozen blueberries to the pancakes, or mix a ripe banana into the mix. At least you can still put some maple syrup on it, and it still tastes like a real pancake (because it is) and the cookies taste like real cookies (because they are).

Now, I do want to try the blackbean brownies. Partly because I am allergic to gluten. But, I cannot give up gluten. It is too good. I just limit it to low calorie tortillas, pizza, and when I want warm bread and cheese!
  • terriblyn
    terriblyn Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Whatevs. I'm gonna enjoy all those things you're hating on and probably more.

Do you like tacos?

Ahahahaha!!
  • HollyHobbitToes
    HollyHobbitToes Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I made that banana/oats "cookie"... I was really mad I wasted 2 perfectly good bananas!! :sad:

Ditto!
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Someone had to say it

^^ This. Thank you OP. You're doing the world a great service, however, I do think that sometimes hamburger buns can be substituted:

images-2_zps4e9d5d33.jpeg

OH. MY. GOD. I must make this for dinner. TONIGHT. *drools*

Why do I think it looks revolting? Seriously, glazed doughnuts in place of a hamburger bun??

I'm sure my stomach would be insanely ticked off at me if I tried to eat that, however, that wouldn't stop me from trying it. Bagels might be a good substitution for the donut too....man, I'm HUNGRY.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Also, spaghetti squash tastes nothing like spaghetti, and your family WILL notice the difference.

omg yes!! this!!! stupid pinterest and their spaghetti squash recipes!!!! i was better off just eating the squash as a side veggie with my dinner.

on another note, i do have a recipe for a banging chocolate protein muffin. it's made with oat flour vs white flour. does that count as an item belonging in this rant? not sure :/ it has cocoa powder in it and no oil! 114cals, 9g of protein...

Just so everyone is clear, no one is saying that you can't eat whatever you want. You should. It's entirely your decision. Some people (such as OP) are just saying that, if you do, they're going to be very (pseudo) angry. They may even wish for bad things to happen to you. But in no way are they suggesting that you shouldn't be allowed to eat what you want to eat. That's just crazy-talk.

(Just whatever you do, please, I'm begging you, don't add them to the database under the name of the "real" thing.)
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    Well I am very happy for the Shirataki noodle recipes on MFP. Never heard of them before MFP and they are great! :happy:
  • breeshabebe
    Options
    I'm all about "splurging" every now and then..... but ,for me, that's not an everyday thing. I want to get the right nutrients in my body- and it would be nice if they didn't suck going down. I'm thankful for these recipes- because I want to "splurge" and not actually be "splurging" every. single. day. Sure, Cauliflower isn't like the real thing. But Cauliflower and alot of other veggies suck without some spicing up. Spaghetti Squash isn't the same as noodles... but it SURE does make my little chinese stir fry taste goodddd.
  • JSheehy1965
    Options
    I eat chicken wings and occasional pizza slices....but I LOVE the banana and egg "Crepes"...smeared in plain greek yogurt and heated up frozen blueberries...I. LOVE. THEM. and I'm not ashamed. :blushing:
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

(Just whatever you do, please, I'm begging you, don't add them to the database under the name of the "real" thing.)

OMG, this!!! We need to seriously stop this crap from happening. Oh, and by the way, can you please enter more than just the calories, or if you are only entering calores, do us a favor and just do a quick add, what is the point of creating a new food if you are only entering calores!!!

/rant
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    The quasi-food recipes are the herpes of MFP…there is an outbreak almost daily.

Mashed up banana + egg does NOT equal a pancake…it is an omelet…a nasty, fruit-based omelet.

Mashed up banana + oats does NOT equal a cookie…it is some weird form of oatmeal.

Mashed up cauliflower does NOT equal a pizza crust…it is an abomination.

Adding buffalo sauce to cauliflower does NOT equal a buffalo wing…this too, is an abomination.

Please, please stop trying to make junk food healthy…if I want to eat a buffalo wing, I want a piece of chicken slathered in tangy BBQ sauce. If I want a pancake, I want something I can smother with syrup. If I want pizza, I want it to be on a crust made of gluten-filled goodness. If I want a cookie, I will drown a double-stuffed Oreo in a glass of milk (real milk…from a cow).

Splurging once in a blue moon is not a sin. I will not go to hell for it. I will go to hell for finding wildly inappropriate things hysterically funny.
    I get it, you're not open minded, or realize how taste buds change when you stop eating meat, dairy, and/or processed foods.
  • Yukongil
    Yukongil Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You guys are all ridiculous. Grow up. I don't know why some people feel the need to dictate what others do, but just cut it out and worry about yourself.

Hypocritical, don't you think, that you want to dictate what we do while simultaneously telling us not to "dictate what others do"...
    ... using the website in one of the ways it was meant to be used.

Another option of this website is for people to join in discussion and give their opinions about things, so we are also using this website the way it was meant to be used.

oh lordy, the "don't be a bigot to bigots" routine, now this conversation has come full internet circle.

F+
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Now, I do want to try the blackbean brownies.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!
    Seriously. It is disgusting. There are gluten free brownies mixes you can buy, or do 1/3 tapioca starch 1/3 sorghum flour 1/3 ground oats that haven't been contaminated with wheat. Add some guar or xanthan gum to the mix. Just spare yourself the agony of the black bean sugar glop.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Also, spaghetti squash tastes nothing like spaghetti, and your family WILL notice the difference

I adore spaghetti squash! :love: It is SO GOOD! And no, it doesn't taste like spaghetti but I'll take 40 calories for a cup of the squash over 200 calories for a cup of the regular pasta. Plus it's super filling. Put some spaghetti sauce on it and I am in HEAVEN! I probably use it more often than not in place of regular spaghetti.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    You guys are all ridiculous. Grow up. I don't know why some people feel the need to dictate what others do, but just cut it out and worry about yourself. If you like chicken wings and ice cream or w/e good for you. Go ahead and eat it. Not everyone can or wants to eat chicken, beef, cake, w/e and so they make up recipies using things that they can eat. If you don't like the way their recipies taste, take your own advice and just eat the real thing instead of complaining about people using the website in one of the ways it was meant to be used. If they want to call their version of pancakes 'pancakes' because to them they are pancakes, then why do you feel the need to dictate what names they give to their food? In the time it is taking all of you to collectively whine about other people not enjoying the same foods as you, you could've just had your damn pizza.

:heart:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I will eat whatever the hell I want. I will also call it whatever I want. I will most likely post a recipe AND a picture. Thanks and have a nice day. :bigsmile: