Please stop…I beg of you…

Options

Replies

• djfriedman81
    Options
    Not every post is as negative as it sounds. Why do people always look to scrutinize every post that they read?

Don't you know that EVERY post must be taken personally? No joking, satire, sarcasm (regardless of how obvious it is) allowed!

What is this sarcasm your speak of?
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Not every post is as negative as it sounds. Why do people always look to scrutinize every post that they read?

Don't you know that EVERY post must be taken personally? No joking, satire, sarcasm (regardless of how obvious it is) allowed!

People here are so mean.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny that everyone who's gf automatically runs to some sort of cauliflower or banana omelette as a substitute for crust, bread, pancakes, waffles. Damn, I refuse to go for anything less then the best. I keep Alton brown recipe waffles in the freezer just in case, just a matter of substituting the right flour. They are not unhealthy, they're just no something I eat once a week. It's lunacy labeling a food as "unhealthy," the stigma gives it super hero powers.

Eh...celiac here. Since I'm also diabetic, have Hashimoto's thyroiditis and am intolerant of corn, soy, peanuts and shellfish, I absolutely look for substitutes. Many commercial GF products are either made with corn/soy or are so carb-laden that my blood sugar spikes just reading the label. I use some almond meal, flax meal and coconut flour, but I am also fat so calories are a concern. I like "pizza" made with zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, spaghetti squash and caulliflower.

Some of my experiments are delicious, period ( I have a husband and son who don't eat "that diet crap" but cheerfully and with great relish chow down on those creations). Some are only delicious to me because I can't have the real thing. Some are truly vile.
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    WAIT WAIT WAIT...will my diet coke still cancel out my snickers bar?

Only if you break the snickers bar in half, and let the calories fall out. :laugh:
  • gfiorine
    gfiorine Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I grew up loving cauliflower, still do. I don't use it to substitute for anything. I steam it and put a cheesy bechamel sauce over it and serve it with cooked potatoes and bratwurst with a thick gravy. Mash it all together and enjoy all 2000 calories of this delicious dish (ok, maybe you have to be Belgian to know this is good, but trust me, it is)...so cauliflower is one of my bad foods! As for the people making up food combinations...let them. It's funny, entertaining...and who knows, maybe someone will come up with the most delicious meal ever.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The quasi-food recipes are the herpes of MFP…there is an outbreak almost daily.

Mashed up banana + egg does NOT equal a pancake…it is an omelet…a nasty, fruit-based omelet.

Mashed up banana + oats does NOT equal a cookie…it is some weird form of oatmeal.

Mashed up cauliflower does NOT equal a pizza crust…it is an abomination.

Adding buffalo sauce to cauliflower does NOT equal a buffalo wing…this too, is an abomination.

Please, please stop trying to make junk food healthy…if I want to eat a buffalo wing, I want a piece of chicken slathered in tangy BBQ sauce. If I want a pancake, I want something I can smother with syrup. If I want pizza, I want it to be on a crust made of gluten-filled goodness. If I want a cookie, I will drown a double-stuffed Oreo in a glass of milk (real milk…from a cow).

Splurging once in a blue moon is not a sin. I will not go to hell for it. I will go to hell for finding wildly inappropriate things hysterically funny.

:heart:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    (And yes, you "net carbs" and "mathematically impossible macros" people, I'm looking at you. :explode: )

I pulled up a 340 calorie cinnamon roll listed as being 120 grams of fat. :laugh:
  • labellecanuck
    labellecanuck Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This thread is so funny. I see these crazy concoctions on pinterest all the time. I'm pretty open-minded but I can't imagine that half of them are really any good.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    WAIT WAIT WAIT...will my diet coke still cancel out my snickers bar?

Only if you break the snickers bar in half, and let the calories fall out. :laugh:

but, but, but...... then you are eating 2 snickers bars. which is double the calories right?
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I guess one of my problems with the "healthier substitute" crowd is the perpetuation of the belief that that applesauce is inherently healthier than butter...and that egg whites are inherently healthier than whole eggs.

QFT

Jof, how did I end up quoting you twice in the same thread? :laugh:

apocalypse.jpg
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    s4iuK2q.gif

I want him for dinner
  • FloraSin
    FloraSin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    s4iuK2q.gif

I want him for dinner

Very high in protein. But I hear he's like celery: you burn more calories consuming him than he contains.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    At the same time, people cook up their spaghetti in 10 minutes, cook some minced meat in some canned tomato sauce for 15 minutes, put some horrific processed cheese on top, then call it Spaghetti Bolognese.
    I have never called anything "Spaghetti Bolognese" nor have I ever heard anyone in my 43 years, until just now, call anything by that name.:tongue:

You must not be very familiar with English cuisine then. It's a staple. I had a roommate from London for a while who made authentic Spaghetti Bolognese all the time, and it did take a ridiculously long time.

The only thing that *this* American knows of British cuisine is an arsenal of bad jokes. :laugh:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    At the same time, people cook up their spaghetti in 10 minutes, cook some minced meat in some canned tomato sauce for 15 minutes, put some horrific processed cheese on top, then call it Spaghetti Bolognese.
    I have never called anything "Spaghetti Bolognese" nor have I ever heard anyone in my 43 years, until just now, call anything by that name.:tongue:

You must not be very familiar with English cuisine then. It's a staple. I had a roommate from London for a while who made authentic Spaghetti Bolognese all the time, and it did take a ridiculously long time.

The only thing that *this* American knows of British cuisine is an arsenal of bad jokes. :laugh:
    LOL srsly. Everything I know about English cuisine, I learned watching A Fish Called Wanda.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    [[/quote]

This was meant to be more of a social commentary about the progressive nature of this site's users to condemn food. All the OP is saying is if you want pizza, then eat pizza, just exercise some self-control. She is also attempting to point out that deluding oneself that creating a pseudo-replacement for junk food is only delaying a potential inevitable binge. Not every post is as negative as it sounds. Why do people always look to scrutinize every post that they read?
    [/quote]

Agreed :smile:
  • Hinxx
    Hinxx Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I made sushi with cauliflower instead of rice and I really didn't notice much difference:

35an8dc.jpg

First time making sushi. It doesn't look pretty but it was delicious!

:smile:
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I made sushi with cauliflower instead of rice and I really didn't notice much difference:

35an8dc.jpg

First time making sushi. It doesn't look pretty but it was delicious!

:smile:

That actually looks pretty damn good.
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    s4iuK2q.gif

I want him for dinner

Very high in protein. But I hear he's like celery: you burn more calories consuming him than he contains.

^^Agreed. However, I'm betting that UN-like celery, he is delicious!!! :love:
  • danmcgarrigle5
    Options
    I had to completely overhaul my diet due to GI issues, I don't try to eat "replacements" or "substitutes of the foods I used to eat, no vegetarian replica ground beef for me, no soy or tofu burgers. I just find ways to work with the foods I can eat. Garlic, onions, peppers and spices can do a lot to keep food interesting. Any every once in a while I'll allow myself a small portion of the foods that give me trouble, I find that even eating those foods I usually will not have issues if I keep it to one serving a week, but I usually don't indulge that often. I could go eat a meatball sub, which is completely against my diet, everything on it and be fine. I could eat it two days in a row and still probably be fine, but 3 days I start to have trouble (spasms ans pain) and it will take several days for everything to settle back down.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Hmmmm... then you don't know British cuisine at all!

And, yes, Spag Bol is a British staple because, erm, well we are in Europe after all! Italy's only an hour away by plane.