Please stop…I beg of you…

Options

Replies

• Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I will eat whatever the hell I want. I will also call it whatever I want. I will most likely post a recipe AND a picture. Thanks and have a nice day. :bigsmile:
    *****-slapped!

Did you just refer to me as a b*tch? Because that's a personal attack & prohibited by MFP forum rules...
    Figure of speech, just a figure of speech.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    If you have Celiac and cant have junk food such as "pizza" and lets just face it gluten free pizza dough is terrible... What do you suggest? Everyone has different taste and just because it may not appeal to your taste buds doesn't mean someone else doesn't love it. I am all about people making their thought public but let face it , any of the items you listed might be something someone can actually eat and enjoy. Have you tried any of the items listed?
    I totally 100% agree that GF pizza dough is godawful crap - the store bought stuff, anyway. Never liked it, never gonna try it again... But cauliflower crust? Um, no.
    There's no reason why a coconut flour pizza can't be enjoyed - they're actually pretty damn good, well, or I'm an awesome cook. Or both. :D

The only real problem most people have with most GF, non-vegetable (cauliflower/broccoli/etc) based crusts is - easy guess - the calories. GF baked goods have more calories than normal ones, even. Go figure.
    That doesn't make coconut flour pizza - hell, or even wheat based pizza - unhealthy vs something like cauliflower. It's all about taste preference. I'm fairly certain OP and most people in this thread know that - what really pisses most people (and myself) off is when what WE eat is considered "unhealthy" in the eyes of these "clean eaterz".

But yeah. Again, agreed; almond flour pizza tastes like glue. :3

FYI - If you are missing pizza - the pizza crust by Against the Grain is gluten free AND really tasty. I bake it till the crust is nice and crispy. I've even gotten my non-gluten free family to eat it and they loved it. :) There are some gluten free products that are good which are out there - they just take time to find.
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    "........finding wildly inappropriate things hysterically funny."

Kind of like your post? Maybe you need to see somebody about your irrational hostility with regards to what other people eat. Everyone has their own process. :smile:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Please, please stop trying to make junk food healthy…if I want to eat a buffalo wing, I want a piece of chicken slathered in tangy BBQ sauce.

that wouldn't be a buffalo wing. that would be a BBQ wing. if you want a REAL buffalo wing you have to ...........

.....go to Hooters. Hooters-Girl-Wendy-Foster-with-Wings-001.jpghooters--300x450.jpghooters.jpeg ...one of these things is not like the others...which of these things is not like the others, la la la la.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

Kind of like your post? Maybe you need to see somebody about your irrational hostility with regards to what other people eat. Everyone has their own process. :smile:

I said I was going to hell...where I'm sure banana omelets served with cauliflower toast will be my eternal penance. Why must you continue to persecute me???
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Turd & Egg Pancakes

1 turd
    1 egg

Mix, fry in pan.

Kinda tastes like crap. And egg.

Hahahahahahahaha.
    Ha.
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    some of that stuff is because people are on different types of diets. when i was eating only Paleo, then the cauliflower crust pizza was the only way we could enjoy pizza. so suck it. (just kidding!) :glasses:
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    FYI - If you are missing pizza - the pizza crust by Against the Grain is gluten free AND really tasty. I bake it till the crust is nice and crispy. I've even gotten my non-gluten free family to eat it and they loved it. :) There are some gluten free products that are good which are out there - they just take time to find.

Against The Grain... good site, not sure I've tried their pizza, though.

And yeah, whilst their MAY be some GF products out there that are alright... I wouldn't know, and to be honest, I'm not willing to try them. I enjoy baking my own goods - as I suspect a great deal of people on MFP do; it's fun, being creative and all that.
    Coconut flour bacon/salami/goatfeta pizza is awesome, for example:

8467100054_024bb3f846.jpg

Gluten-free, "healthy", and totally 100% *not* low calorie. ;)
  • erinpd
    erinpd Posts: 96
    Options

The only thing better than frozen banana ice cream is a passive-aggressive smiley!
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    @Howl_Shadowkn

Ironically, the Against the Grain stuff is pretty much something called Pan de Yuca which is a Latin American bread - but you may have to experiment to get the right recipe to work. I suspect they took it and just spread it out into a pizza shape. I figured it out by looking at the ingredients. I just don't want to go to the effort of all the work it takes to make the crust when it's a decent price and pre-made.

I found one recipe that looks similar to what we make in my home to make these rolls. You need a Queso Fresco (fresh white farmer's cheese) and that's pretty hard to find. I know that I've found it in some Walmart's but it's definitely not cheap considering the quantity you need. Also, you need a food processor to grind it prior to mixing the ingredients.

Monica

http://www.mycolombianrecipes.com/colombian-yuca-bread-pan-de-yuca

Anyway, I thought you might enjoy looking at it as you like to cook.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    What the hell is going on in here?

20b3b369_tumblr_mdjqdpXUmy1r8cvzdo1_500_zps83dd5719.gif

I hate when I miss out on epic threads

I angered people because I think cauliflower is the devil...

I hate faux hawk. Good that you got the real thing!

Faux-Hawk.jpg

Magic_beard_zps39d71f23.gif
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Seriously, I have never had one of those faux recipes turn out. The zucchini pasta came close, but it still wasnt close enough.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I've been gone a few pages but can someone explain how Hooter girls ended up in here? :tongue:
  • MerlinWilliams
    MerlinWilliams Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If you have Celiac and cant have junk food such as "pizza" and lets just face it gluten free pizza dough is terrible... What do you suggest? Everyone has different taste and just because it may not appeal to your taste buds doesn't mean someone else doesn't love it. I am all about people making their thought public but let face it , any of the items you listed might be something someone can actually eat and enjoy. Have you tried any of the items listed?

Lies! Try making it yourself, the store-bought stuff usually does suck.

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.ca/2011/02/gluten-free-pizza-crust-my-new-recipe.html

It's certainly gluten-free...but the starches in there are way off the scale!

I think I'd rather just order a large pizza and eat only the toppings. It'd be better for me.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I've been gone a few pages but can someone explain how Hooter girls ended up in here? :tongue:

The important thing is that they ended up in here.
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I make pancakes with almond butter, banana, and eggs all the time and I think they are great.. and my daughter loves them so even better.. Guess it depends on the person
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Its a rule if the posting has gone over 10 pages, boobs are acceptable LOL
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    for those people that are taking this thread seriously, here is something to consider.

in no way shape or form did the person who created this thread say that people shouldnt eat or enjoy them.

what they said was to stop refering to them as things they arent.

a pizza has a dough base, not cauliflower.

a pancake isnt made of mashed banana.

bacon is not made from turkey.

for the rest of the people who have a sense of humour, i dont recommend "drunken nachos" which is made from corn flakes, a jar of pasta sauce the topped with sliced american cheese and baked in the oven. it is no substitute for nachos, it is a substitute for punching your self in the face, but it has more calories.
  • mathera26
    mathera26 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    620%20-%20chris_jericho%20clapping%20gif%20wwe.gif

Ditto!
  • lolwutshannon
    Options
    I made the banana-oatmeal "cookies" because I really wanted some oatmeal cookies, and didn't feel like going to the store for the gazillion ingredients I was missing. They weren't bad, but that's probably because I loaded them up with chocolate chips.