Please stop…I beg of you…

Options

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    I love to "healthify" recipes. Works bloody brilliantly for someone like me who eats very large meals. Agreed that they can be hit or miss though.

But if you ate higher calories recipes, wouldn't that let you eat slightly smaller meals? (Granted, if you enjoy the "very large meals", then by all means, continue enjoying those. It certainly isn't a "wrong" approach.)

At the end of the day, we're all...(okay, fine, *most of us* are)...eating towards a total calorie amount for the day. If you reduce the calories in a recipe, that just means, all else being equal, that you will need to eat more food. Fine, there's a satiety thing in play for actual stomach fullness, but for those who have overcome (or at least diminished) that, what is the point?

(And this is especially relevant for the "I'm stuffed and can't eat another bite, but I'm only at 600 calories for the day" crowd...but that's another post.)

I like my BIG meals :happy: And trust me, I can't stand the "I have no idea how to eat 1200 cals" group. :laugh:
  • TigressPat
    Options
    At the same time, people cook up their spaghetti in 10 minutes, cook some minced meat in some canned tomato sauce for 15 minutes, put some horrific processed cheese on top, then call it Spaghetti Bolognese.
    I have never called anything "Spaghetti Bolognese" nor have I ever heard anyone in my 43 years, until just now, call anything by that name.:tongue:

because you are an American, and Olive Garden just calls it "meat sauce"!

Boom! She didn't lie.
    I am an American, and if you insist Olive Garden calls something "meat sauce," I'll happily agree. But neither of those things are relevant. When hundreds of millions of Americans call the above "spaghetti" then that's what "spaghetti" means in America. When four people on a fitness site call a smashed banana a "pancake" that doesn't make it a pancake.

•If a man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.
    Mark Twain,
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I agree with you except for a couple of recipes, the taco cupcakes are the BOMB!!! I mean I actually like them better than regular tacos. Also the pumpkin cookies made with canned pumkin and spice cake mix ROCK!! lol. If I wasn't watching my weight and calories I would still eat both (except I would cover the pumpkin cookies with nutella lol)
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Turd & Egg Pancakes

1 turd
    1 egg

Mix, fry in pan.

Kinda tastes like crap. And egg.

Laughed out loud!:laugh:

Meee toooo!! :laugh:
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I made this awesome taco once though that I"ll share with you but other than this taco I totally agree wtih you.

What I did was instead of using a corn tortilla because corn killed the Mayans and obviously all grains are fatal, I used a lettuce leaf. And then since beef is harmful because of that study by those chinese people I used clumps of cinnamon (it's really boosting on your metbolisms) but I clumped it up to really look like beef. And taco sauce is only like 10 calories if you use a syringe and just drip it on, so I added REAL TACO SAUCES and then some lettuce and omg it was just like eating a taco.

thanks add me for motivation.

You, sir, are hilarious. I love your humor.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you but I like finding healthier options. I love healthy food, cant get enough of it! Eating fried anything makes me feel sick, or basically anything unhealthy for you. Why is it such a bad thing to find something healthier? I don't want to feel like **** at all. Whether its once in a blue moon, or every day.

So now all fried food is unhealthy???

So far on this thread, on the "unhealthy" list we have:

- butter
    - whole eggs
    - fried

What else is so obviously unhealthy to everyone that we would want to find creative ways around it?

No foods need to be avoided (except trans fat IMO) unless you have some sort of intolerance.

Having said that for the majority of people on this site who are aiming to be in a calorie deficit replacing 10g of fat (at 9cals/g) with 10g of carbs (at 4cals/g) will be beneficial for them in reducing their overall calorie intake with the same volume of food. So if they are happy with how the substitute ingredient tastes then they should stick with it.

I even "healthify" my recipes when I'm bulking. Mainly because that is what I like and it gives me plenty of room to fit in pop tarts/ice cream etc as well :smile:
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I agree wholeheartedly. More importantly, all these people should be putting their efforts towards dairy substitutions for those of us who are lactose intolerant. Because I have yet to taste anything in the "pretend cheese" category that actually tastes like cheese. And I'm sick of having to pick from a bunch of health-conscious vegan hippie products. If you can make a better tasting cheese-substitute from animal fat, that is okay to me. Why do I only get products that tailor towards the hippies rather than taste good. I miss pizza. Real pizza. It was so good. There's not enough lactaid in the world for me to properly digest it again. So food experimenters, get crackin'.

Also waffles make good bun substitutes. Got to try this last year while on travel (why do they not sell these on my coast?!)

Blueberry-Waffle-Breakfast-Sandwich-Dunkin-Donuts.jpg
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    At the same time, people cook up their spaghetti in 10 minutes, cook some minced meat in some canned tomato sauce for 15 minutes, put some horrific processed cheese on top, then call it Spaghetti Bolognese.
    I have never called anything "Spaghetti Bolognese" nor have I ever heard anyone in my 43 years, until just now, call anything by that name.:tongue:

Boom! She didn't lie.
    I am an American, and if you insist Olive Garden calls something "meat sauce," I'll happily agree. But neither of those things are relevant. When hundreds of millions of Americans call the above "spaghetti" then that's what "spaghetti" means in America. When four people on a fitness site call a smashed banana a "pancake" that doesn't make it a pancake.

•If a man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.
    Mark Twain,
    •The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's not always easy to verify if it's properly attributed.
    Aristotle,
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    Each to their own - I say thanks to all those creative souls that make me think about trying foods differently. And while I don't agree with OP, I defend the right to post all about it.

Flame on. (Preferably, on a gas grill and toasting up a cauliflower pizza crust!)

Hee hee! I like you!
    OMFG. You've lost 234 lbs? AMAZING.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I do really appreciate the genuine recipes and what not that get shared. The ones that aren't made entirely of substitutions, sadness, and me pretending that I enjoy it.

How much sadness? I'm trying to stay within my sadness macros and having a hard time.
  • mrzpeep1
    mrzpeep1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    lol! I love it!
  • TigressPat
    Options

Boom! She didn't lie.

Mark Twain,
    •The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's not always easy to verify if it's properly attributed.
    Aristotle,

kudos
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Mark Twain,

tumblr_lv9zp0sLcm1qg39ewo1_500.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Mark Twain,

This counts, right?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Mark Twain,

This counts, right?
    As water?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny that everyone who's gf automatically runs to some sort of cauliflower or banana omelette as a substitute for crust, bread, pancakes, waffles. Damn, I refuse to go for anything less then the best. I keep Alton brown recipe waffles in the freezer just in case, just a matter of substituting the right flour. They are not unhealthy, they're just no something I eat once a week. It's lunacy labeling a food as "unhealthy," the stigma gives it super hero powers.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Meh I definitely still splurge but I still do some of those things. For example I still have real pizza, but cauliflower crust pizza is delicious.
  • runningfataway
    Options
    s4iuK2q.gif

This haha
  • slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    ibwaw2.jpg

One- im still obsessing over the thought of a pizza burger
    Two- i just learned how to post pics :) ha! Ok that's enough
  • shortchange1
    shortchange1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump...cause I have to read this whole entertaining thread after I whip up some broccoli chips for my catsup salsa.