For Big Women on the Edge When the Subway is Too Crowded

Options

Replies

• Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options

There is ALWAYS and I mean FREAKING ALWAYS some tiny, underfed chick with a HUGE purse that will start some ish with me. Seriously.

Wait a sec? Sorry but I am one of those 'underfed chicks' you just discriminated against.... thing is...I used to be one of those 'fat chicks that should know better' like you 12 months ago. I can see now why I walk everywhere.......perhaps you should start that as well rather than having a go at someone for being an 'underfed chick'

PS.... I'm hardly underfed, in fact I eat MORE now than when I was a fatty..... I just work had to stay here. But I'm far from rude, unless you complain. Have a go at me for being skinny or underfed & I'll have a go back. But I'll never start anything.

It's possible this girl was just underfed and rude... It's also possible you take things too seriously.. Maybe you should eat something. You seem cranky. This post wasn't about you.

:laugh: :happy:
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You're awesome!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    People make me wanna quit MFP. Staying out the forums from now on.

Seriously? Someone has a differing viewpoint and it makes you wanna quit MFP?
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Are you from NYC? Have you traveled in the heat of rush hour especially the 6 train its crammed like sardines! Let me tell you smething if you want space take your *kitten* and drive a car solo. In NYC space is valuable. You don't like it leave or get pushed out the way.

I am. Born in the Bronx. I've traveled on NYC subway and crowded subways around the world. I've never had to fight for a seat. I've never been called a name, I've never cussed at someone or been cussed at. You can be aggressive about finding a spot to sit or stand without having to cuss someone out and about to throw down over it.
  • macaya5
    Options
    WHAT has this turned into? People will take ANYTHING and twist it around into a way to insist on being offended. Oy.

I learned something new today. Butthurt. Look it up on the Urban Dictionary. It applies to the easily offended.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Why the fudge would anyone bring her kids into this? They weren't there. Why do they matter for anything?

This woman sounds like an entitled asshat. The worst kind of human, basically. Good for you for standing your ground but also for backing down and not letting things get TOO out of hand. It really ISN'T worth it but she may think twice before being an asshat in future.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    the only thing I'm amazed by, is that no one grabbed that little snot's purse and stuff it in her lap so they could have a seat. That *kitten* would NOT fly around here.

Good on YOU for standing your ground.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the chip on your shoulder is as big as the bag she's carrying.
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Are you from NYC? Have you traveled in the heat of rush hour especially the 6 train its crammed like sardines! Let me tell you smething if you want space take your *kitten* and drive a car solo. In NYC space is valuable. You don't like it leave or get pushed out the way.

I am. Born in the Bronx. I've traveled on NYC subway and crowded subways around the world. I've never had to fight for a seat.

Take the 6 train uptown at 5:00pm today rush hour and let me know if you can get a seat. U get one save a seat for me. Most likely you would not get a seat and the homeless guy from across the way will run and lunge before you sit down.
  • himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. The title made me laugh.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

There is ALWAYS and I mean FREAKING ALWAYS some tiny, underfed chick with a HUGE purse that will start some ish with me. Seriously.

Wait a sec? Sorry but I am one of those 'underfed chicks' you just discriminated against.... thing is...I used to be one of those 'fat chicks that should know better' like you 12 months ago. I can see now why I walk everywhere.......perhaps you should start that as well rather than having a go at someone for being an 'underfed chick'

PS.... I'm hardly underfed, in fact I eat MORE now than when I was a fatty..... I just work had to stay here. But I'm far from rude, unless you complain. Have a go at me for being skinny or underfed & I'll have a go back. But I'll never start anything.

It's possible this girl was just underfed and rude... It's also possible you take things too seriously.. Maybe you should eat something. You seem cranky. This post wasn't about you.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :love: :drinker:
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    People make me wanna quit MFP. Staying out the forums from now on.

I get what you are saying and agree. Sometimes the wheels on the bus keep going 'round and 'round and it's not worth the argument. Shake your head and move on. OP has gotten a lot more support then unsolicited opinions which is what this forum is for. So what anyone else may find offensive, rude, double standard, etc. Who cares? I don't.
  • Abi_bug04
    Options
    Good for you!
    Way to stand your ground!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I was born and raised in NYC too. This sort of interaction is a very rare occurance. You may have a problem, see a therapist before you tick off the wrong person and somebody gets hurt.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    <slow clap>

<clap turns into thundering applause>

PkUh2mv.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you stood up for yourself and she was clearly being a *****.

However, do realise that people may act negatively towards you for all sorts of reasons. For me, I am highly claustrophobic and the underground/metro/tube/subway is my worst nightmare. Sometimes if someone is pressing against me I freak out. If that person happens to be fat they probably think its personal.

*cringe*

I know. Just reading through this thread has me a little short of breath.
  • cocodiva31
    Options

what was the point of your comment??? MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL>>>:huh:
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I was born and raised in NYC too. This sort of interaction is a very rare occurance. You may have a problem, see a therapist before you tick off the wrong person and somebody gets hurt.

RARE?? LOL I see this all the time going and coming home from the subway. NYC there's no space especially on the train rush hour and people fighting for seats all the time. People yelling at each other Don't touch me with ur big bag. You want some space drive a car wherever you have to go alone.

Second I never encountered a problem because I don't take my big bag and push into people face or take up room on purpose. I'm courteous which a lot of people have that problem.

What train are you taking and time of the day? I want take that train where people not shoving each other to get into the train . Train is packed sometimes you cant even move an inch.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I find that when I get angry with someone, I may make an unkind remark re: their appearance or dress that has absolutely nothing to do with why they angered me. For example, a bald guy may become "the stupid bald headed fool" or a teenager may become "the spiked hair punk". Or someone with a prominent nose is"big nosed asshat"....or...you get the idea. It is certainly not right, we all could do better. But I admit, when I'm pissed, words come out that are sometimes left unspoken.

My point? The OP and the small woman got angry with one another & BOTH chose unkind words re: the other's appearance. Fact is, "biotch* comes in all shapes & sizes.

Corrected for grammar. As good as I can get anyway.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I traveled for work a lot when I was pregnant and found that in the US I was always left standing and in London was always offered a seat (by that point I was 7 months pregnant and definitely grateful). In the US I was always crowded and elbowed out of the way and in busy London I was always offered a wide birth (maybe they were afraid it would be contagious).

Nah, it's just that we understand that pregnant women can be craaaaazy (hormones or something) and so fear for our lives.

Londoners are by no means perfect on a serious note but generally we give up our seats for a pregnant woman or make way for them. It helps that they have those cute little "baby on board" badges as well.