For Vegans / Vegetarians only.

Options

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Gallowmere198 - does red meat make you rude, hostile and unnecessarily adversarial?

My apologies if I came off that way. There have been three or four other people who have posted the same kind of thing you have within the last few minutes, and my patience finally cracked.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    All you have proven to me that a human is omnivores. Sorry to say that..

However, I eat a lot of veggies and fruit. Also a LOT OF SALADS! I do eat in moderation meat.

I'm sorry but I won't become a full on full vegetarian.

I also get yogurt. Remember? Yogurt has good bacteria in it?

OMG I AM EATING LIVE LIFE FORMS! *gasp*

Fact of the matter: Some deits work better for some people. Others not so much.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

Jesus Christ...does Tofu make people unable to comprehend plain English? Reread my post, and you will realize that none of the people you listed meet my criteria.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Doesn't being superior at anything involve more than just diet? I think you're just frustrating yourself expecting an answer you know probably doesn't exist, if you have such expertise. A lot of people succeed immensely on a vegan diet. A lot of people succeed otherwise.

ps-I'm vegan, but because of medical/ethical reasons. I personally feel better this way. Doesn't mean everyone does.

Yes, of course it does. However, the OP is arguing that Vegan is 'superior', which it clearly is not...either that, or Vegans just suck at life. I prefer to think it's the diet holding them back from the physical greatness that those who have gone before them have accomplished while consuming all manner of animal products.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    DUDE I AM A VEGETARIAN

and my son is a vegan.

I was vegan for 11 years.

Don't assume just because someone doesn't agree with your logic that they haven't made the same ultimate choice in lifestyle.

ps. don't eat anything with "natural flavoring" if it is vanilla or raspberry flavored: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castoreum

I retract my previous question about Tofu, because I forgot that Corvus eats tofu, and isn't completely braindead.

The jury is still out on many of the others.

<3 Thanks!

Since you, Gallowmere 198, are brinigng up the issue of strength training and vegetarianism, I will state my opinion on this as well. As far as hitting macros goes, and making gains, I agree that meat eaters are better off than vegans. But I do not believe that it is IMPOSSIBLE for a vegan to meet whatever standard a meat eater has achieved. I think it is more work. Yes- hitting my macros to stay on my lifting routine is NOT EASY as a vegetarian (using primarily vegan sources of protein)...but it can be done and I am doing it.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Well youre going to get the paleo/carnivores up in arms who say we arent designed to eat grains, and can provide a few othe studies and anatomy lessons to counter your argument. I of course think you both are wrong and the ultimate way to go is to become an autotroph and photosynthesize.
  • laura328
    laura328 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Gallowmere198 - does red meat make you rude, hostile and unnecessarily adversarial?

My apologies if I came off that way. There have been three or four other people who have posted the same kind of thing you have within the last few minutes, and my patience finally cracked.

Apology accepted. I was just trying to make a point. I see your point also. I eat the way I do for lots of reasons and I just feel better physically and mentally that way. I agree with asalea617 who said it well! Success in life is measured in different ways and occurs for different reasons. I'm happier with myself when I don't eat meat. Period.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I also get yogurt. Remember? Yogurt has good bacteria in it?

OMG I AM EATING LIVE LIFE FORMS! *gasp*

*cringe!*

It was a good attempt at a joke. But bacteria isn't an animal. Kingdom Monera =/= Kingdom animalia!

I agree that arguing over an individual's choice of diet is a total waste of time.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    <3 Thanks!

Since you, Gallowmere 198, are brinigng up the issue of strength training and vegetarianism, I will state my opinion on this as well. As far as hitting macros goes, and making gains, I agree that meat eaters are better off than vegans. But I do not believe that it is IMPOSSIBLE for a vegan to meet whatever standard a meat eater has achieved. I think it is more work. Yes- hitting my macros to stay on my lifting routine is NOT EASY as a vegetarian (using primarily vegan sources of protein)...but it can be done and I am doing it.

Oh, I get that. I have never been against the idea of vegetarianism or even Veganism, if it's for the right reasons. The crap this guy is throwing out there is the problem, not the diet itself. If the choice is made because of cruelty acknowledgement, that's all well and good, and I can appreciate that. But for someone to advocate Veganism as 'superior' is a slap in the face the men and women who busted their *kitten* under the iron and at the dinner table to set world records over the last century. Records that, as I have already stated, haven't been touched by a single Vegan.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Yeah, thanks OP, it's nice to see these stats, I always enjoy reading things like this. I did stop reading the comments though because nothing attracts those ignorant folk who love to fight for the death and torture of our fellow animals like a title such as this does.

I imagine there are some rude debates going on here. But if I seen a topic called "for meat eaters only", I would stay out. I ask for the same courtesy. Because I enjoy speaking with vegans and vegetarians, and when I can't do that under something with this explicitly named thread, obviously meant for like minded people, I feel robbed.

I see it in every other area of this site and quite frankly I'm on the verge of removing myself from the social aspects of myfitnesspal because I see aggressive and rude attacks in every topic posted. It's disgusting.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Unless you're talking about obligate carnivores (like cats) I think morphological arguments are kind of irrelevant.
  • ISABELCOADY55
    ISABELCOADY55 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    But if we weren't supposed to eat meat, then why did God make bacon so tasty...?
  • fuzzieme
    Options
    But if we weren't supposed to eat meat, then why did God make bacon so tasty...?

god? :laugh:
  • ISABELCOADY55
    ISABELCOADY55 Posts: 113 Member
    Options

Yes. I believe in God. You seem to find something about that humorous?
  • fuzzieme
    Options

And I believe in the equality of all animals, but you found my beliefs funny.... Oh.... I'm sorry, do you not me treating you as you treat others? Some christian.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

Oh oh...here we go...
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

And I believe in the equality of all animals, but you found my beliefs funny.... Oh.... I'm sorry, do you not me treating you as you treat others? Some christian.

For the record, I am Agnostic, but here we go anyway.

First, she didn't say she was Christian.
    Second, 'dominion over the fish of the sea' and all of that.

Translation: 'On the Eight day, God said bring me some bacon you self-righteous Vegan *kitten*'.

ETA: I know of at least two record holding powerlifters who are/were devout Christians. So yeah...there's that.
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options

Oh oh...here we go...

LOL
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options

"She is careful to emphasize that their results concern human evolution. The research is about how carnivory can have contributed to the human species' spreading on earth and says nothing about what we should or should not eat today in order to have a good diet."

Yes... Eating meat allowed people to live in places that they would have otherwise not lived in before. That is 100% true.