For Vegans / Vegetarians only.

Options

Replies

• CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Since as this thread stated....it is for vegans and vegetarians ONLY.....I kindly show the OP to the door.

Are you one of the above? If so, how long?

Yep. Vegetarian. Almost 12 years.

You should be upset at the people coming in causing issues, not the ones who have real info to share such as myself & (for the meat side) Gallowmere1984.

Post something productive, not just to have your random thought heard. That doesn't contribute to the conversation.

Your admitted posturing about wanting to rile the "meatheads" doesn't really make you any better than the people you're speaking out against. Doesn't seem like you're solely interested in preaching the gospel , so to speak.

How am I preaching the gospel when I eat chicken periods? I am saying the evidence is heavily weighted to the vegan lifestyle. Many vegetarians on here are too stupid to see and quickly jump the gun. Thats not my fault. I never thought them to be self-rightous, but many are proving to be that.

I never claimed to be vegan @Corax77. Once again you assumed and your stupidity (in this situation) is clear. I am presenting evidence for a debate. So either say something productive or STFU.

You claimed to be a vegetarian in the title.

Please leave the thread that is only for vegetarians and vegans now, k thx!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian...so I am allowed in this thread...and I do not agree with you. Also, I am more allowed than you, by your own logic, as I have not actually eaten meat for 25 years.

This comment has been as useful as male nipples. Thank you for your contribution!

I am terribly sorry that my dialogue did not come up to your completely non-hypocritical standards.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    He claims he is a vegetarian, but then admits he eats meat....

ergo, I shall take it as a compliment that he doth call me stupid!

ETA: maybe i'm stupid because i HAVE NOT EATEN ENOUGH MEAT?!?!?! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

The fun is endless in this thread! LOL!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

there is a word for that!
  • adunnahoe
    Options
    Thank u so much for posting this. I feel the exact same way!
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Why do vegetarians and vegans think they are "all in this together". It's a diet & way of life. Personal choice. Don't be such an idiot with comments of embarrassment.

How would you know since you're neither?

I shared my random thought...and it's more of value than the blathering about what saliva means. People either choose to eat meat or not to eat meat, etc. I seriously doubt many, if any...chose to be a vegetarian or not by the amount of saliva we produce. It's just silliness to continue to be preachy. I'm vegetarian for my own reasons....and feel no need to be Soapbox McSoaperson about it.

It shows how smart you are not... Biology and science play into why we eat, and the feelings associated with certain foods. How moronic dose someone have to be to say that our saliva and digestive enzymes don't matter?
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Since as this thread stated....it is for vegans and vegetarians ONLY.....I kindly show the OP to the door.

Are you one of the above? If so, how long?

Yep. Vegetarian. Almost 12 years.

You should be upset at the people coming in causing issues, not the ones who have real info to share such as myself & (for the meat side) Gallowmere1984.

Post something productive, not just to have your random thought heard. That doesn't contribute to the conversation.

Your admitted posturing about wanting to rile the "meatheads" doesn't really make you any better than the people you're speaking out against. Doesn't seem like you're solely interested in preaching the gospel , so to speak.

How am I preaching the gospel when I eat chicken periods? I am saying the evidence is heavily weighted to the vegan lifestyle. Many vegetarians on here are too stupid to see and quickly jump the gun. Thats not my fault. I never thought them to be self-rightous, but many are proving to be that.

I never claimed to be vegan @Corax77. Once again you assumed and your stupidity (in this situation) is clear. I am presenting evidence for a debate. So either say something productive or STFU.

I think everyone is probably convinced that you' re not here to actually debate at this point, sweets ;)
  • jjrichard83
    Options

ETA: maybe i'm stupid because i HAVE NOT EATEN ENOUGH MEAT?!?!?! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Where did I claim to be a vegetarian? Point that out.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    So, tell me, why *do* you still eat meat? I may have missed it as I could not be bothered to reread the stuff you keep posting on other threads.
  • adunnahoe
    Options
    "I think it was Ghandi who said a society should be judged on how it treats it's animals.

When I look at how animals are treated in meat, dairy and egg production I cannot remain a part of the animal industry - whether I have evolved to eat meat and partake of eggs and milk or not. "

Exactly how I feel...
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    As many of you know, the sheer ignorance of the general population when it comes to talking about a vegan / plant based diet is very misinformed. Most will say we are designed to be Omnivores (which is what our current diet suggests). Those that say we are carnivores just are too far gone to help anyway.

I wrote that title so we all know when a troll comes in - a non vegan/vegetarian shouldn't have even opened this thread if they were not interested in becoming or learning about it. :) & yes I'm prepared for the heat from people saying "I don't like your tone". Truth hurts everyone one time or another.

According to your cherry-picked list a rabbit is a carnivore.

What you are calling "science" is an agenda. An amusing uneducated, biology-poor balderdash.
    We are not "designed" but evolved. And the simple fact that a majority of the population eats as non-vegetarians makes us omnivorous. This was an evolutionary advantage because it allowed to cultivate, kill and eat high energy sources in inhospitable regions and during long winters.

That you want to be be vegeterian is perfectly fine, that you have an agenda is great, that you wish to spread the word? Go ahead. Ethical, moral or even health reasons - sure, post away.

But bad biology, bad science? I'm sure a lot of like minded people are going to call you on it.

BTW, if you want to focus your threads to a sub-population of people - start a group. The Food and Nutrition sub-board is intended for all, despite your title thread.

Can you please explain the rabbit thing to the rest of us how they are like carnivores?

Sure. From your list.

Facial Muscles
    CARNIVORE: Reduced to allow wide mouth gape
    HERBIVORE: Well-developed
    HUMAN: Well-developed
    Rabbit: Reduced and less well developped than humans

Jaw Type
    CARNIVORE: Angle not expanded
    HERBIVORE: Expanded angle
    OMNIVORE: Angle not expanded
    HUMAN: Expanded angle
    Rabbits: Angle not expanded

Jaw Joint Location
    CARNIVORE: On same plane as molar teeth
    HERBIVORE: Above the plane of the molars
    OMNIVORE: On same plane as molar teeth
    HUMAN: Above the plane of the molars
    Rabbit: About an inch above the plane, just like cats. (The carnivore description is wrong)

Jaw Motion
    CARNIVORE: Shearing; minimal side-to-side motion
    HERBIVORE: No shear; good side-to-side, front-to-back
    OMNIVORE: Shearing; minimal side-to-side
    HUMAN: No shear; good side-to-side, front-to-back
    Rabbits: Shearing AND good side to side. WTF?

Major Jaw Muscles
    CARNIVORE: Temporalis
    HERBIVORE: Masseter and pterygoids
    OMNIVORE: Temporalis
    HUMAN: Masseter and pterygoids
    Rabbits: masseter, temporalis and pterygoid muscles are present and well developped.

Mouth Opening vs. Head Size
    CARNIVORE: Large
    HERBIVORE: Small
    OMNIVORE: Large
    HUMAN: Small
    Rabbit: ?? Larger than humans.

Teeth: Incisors
    CARNIVORE: Short and pointed
    HERBIVORE: Broad, flattened and spade shaped
    OMNIVORE: Short and pointed
    HUMAN: Broad, flattened and spade shaped
    Rabbits: Large and pointed incisors. And two tiny short and pointed incisors. Called peg teeth..

Teeth: Canines
    CARNIVORE: Long, sharp and curved
    HERBIVORE: Dull and short or long (for defense), or none
    OMNIVORE: Long, sharp and curved
    HUMAN: Short and blunted
    Rabbits: None - note that this is different than humans (your "herbivore" example...)

Teeth: Molars
    CARNIVORE: Sharp, jagged and blade shaped
    HERBIVORE: Flattened with cusps vs complex surface
    OMNIVORE: Sharp blades and/or flattened
    HUMAN: Flattened with nodular cusps
    Rabbits: cheek teeth are not proper molars and are sharp and blade with complex surfaces, open rooted and continue to grow.

Chewing
    CARNIVORE: None; swallows food whole
    HERBIVORE: Extensive chewing necessary
    OMNIVORE: Swallows food whole and/or simple crushing
    HUMAN: Extensive chewing necessary
    Rabbits: Chew, spit, rechew, and they also eat their scat - like dogs and cats. Biotin.

Saliva
    CARNIVORE: No digestive enzymes
    HERBIVORE: Carbohydrate digesting enzymes
    OMNIVORE: No digestive enzymes
    HUMAN: Carbohydrate digesting enzymes
    Rabbits: Yep, enzymes.

Stomach Type
    CARNIVORE: Simple
    HERBIVORE: Simple or multiple chambers
    OMNIVORE: Simple
    HUMAN: Simple
    Rabbit: simple...

... etc...
  • Maxibris
    Maxibris Posts: 61 Member
    Options

PRETTY SURE you yourself you started a thread topic called FOR VEGANS / VEGETARIANS ONLY

only just a teeny tiny slight small amount of hypocrisy here. just a little.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    My gf, co-workers, best friends all eat meat. I never tell them it's crap for them b/c I occasionally will have some too...

Wait, wait, wait...It just occurred to me that this applies to me also. I'm a vegetarian too!
    tumblr_lfvdpvOV4S1qcu1hm.gif
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    "I think it was Ghandi who said a society should be judged on how it treats it's animals.

When I look at how animals are treated in meat, dairy and egg production I cannot remain a part of the animal industry - whether I have evolved to eat meat and partake of eggs and milk or not. "

Exactly how I feel...

Then you need to stop eating everything that is mass produced and grow your own everything. Would you care to know how many squirrels and rabbits are estimated to be hacked up by machinery in the soy harvest? How about how many rats meet horrific ends in the machinery used for corn processing? I could go on, but I think you see my point.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

*points finger at title of thread you started and have been posting in all day*
  • jjrichard83
    Options
    So, tell me, why *do* you still eat meat? I may have missed it as I could nor be bothered to reread the stuff you keep posting on other threads.

I will have an occasional pizza slice, or sushi. I am not going to go hardcore on it, so I will not call myself a vegetarian. I did say plant based, which is accurate. I don't feel great after eating them, so I may stop eating it. However I am 2 months into it, I don't plan on jumping right into it only to stop. I have done my research and am moving at my own pace.

It's clear that you and I don't see eye to eye, so why come in here and start with me?
  • jjrichard83
    Options

PRETTY SURE you yourself you started a thread topic called FOR VEGANS / VEGETARIANS ONLY

only just a teeny tiny slight small amount of hypocrisy here. just a little.

It's written for them, yes. But the words never came out of my mouth about being one. It's hair splitting like this that prevents real debates and discussions from taking place.
  • ISABELCOADY55
    ISABELCOADY55 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    But if we weren't supposed to eat meat, then why did God make bacon so tasty...?

god? :laugh:

Yes. I believe in God. You seem to find something about that humorous?

And I believe in the equality of all animals, but you found my beliefs funny.... Oh.... I'm sorry, do you not me treating you as you treat others? Some christian.

Equality of animals? Sorry to break it to you, but animals aren't equal.

Interesting you assumed I'm Christian.

I apologise that I presumed you meant a christian god, obviously you have denounced that god as I have since you have implied to deny him. But, to my knowledge, all gods strive in their teaching to show love and kindness to their fellow man, and to lead a respectful life of example. Your joke showed nothing of that. So regardless of your creed, I stand by that.

In addition, I know all too well that animals are not shown any equality in this world, which is what resulted in my choosing this lifestyle. It is my personal belief that animals are equal beings to us, and I treat every animal I can accordingly. I live by my beliefs.

In leading by example I have encouraged many friends to adapt similar habits. Pointing out to a vegan that animals are not blessed with equality is a crystal example of ignorance. Every human shows ignorance though, so I won't hold that against you. But please try to practice an ounce of respect towards others unless you are prepared to receive similar treatment in return.

You were right first time actually. I am Christian, and I did not imply otherwise. If you inferred differently, maybe you should review my comment.

I was not poking fun at anyone who chooses to not eat meat, but at the notion that we are 'designed' to not eat meat.

As you have been so kind as to not hold my ignorance against me, I shall return the favour by not holding your ill-educated reference to the nonexistence of a god against you.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options

Exactly how I feel...

Then you need to stop eating everything that is mass produced and grow your own everything. Would you care to know how many squirrels and rabbits are estimated to be hacked up by machinery in the soy harvest? How about how many rats meet horrific ends in the machinery used for corn processing? I could go on, but I think you see my point.

It's about doing the best that you have the means to do. No such thing as 100% vegan. Everyone has stepped on a bug without meaning to. Just do your best is the aim