I quit

Options

Replies

• hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    So sorry about your family and wishing you the BEST! Maybe you just need a break from the forums? It's a free-for-all here... if there are "friends" that aren't working for you on here, then life is too short - drop them...

Just keep things simple and have faith in your own beliefs and feelings - once we enter into "forum land" not everybody has the respect you might be expecting and a lot of people will think they know what is best for you, or who you are.

Sounds like you need a supportive environment right now and I hope you find it inside and outside of this site. There are definitely supportive people who will communicate in a way you will feel appreciated... I have found that, and the rest... they can fall by the wayside...

All the best... I wouldn't quit the site though unless you really feel its tools aren't working for you... you can also just log off for a few days - everyone gets tired of counting calories once in a while...
    Good luck
    Erik
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Disagreement and jests != bullying

Toughen up.
  • RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Don't let the trolls win.

I agree 100% !!! Have a great day!!
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

Haha, this is as epic as your original thread a few days ago. If you can refer back to any posts that 'bullied' the OP, either in this thread or her last thread, then please do, as I'd be intrigued to see what your interpretation of 'bullying' is. I'm pretty sure 99% of the people that repeatedly cry 'bully!' on here have never actually suffered real bullying once in their life.

As I said at the beginning, I rather impolitely tacked onto this thread merely because I knew people would be more likely to read it here. I did not read OP's controversial (or not) post. I did, however, offer to discuss the topic with her personally, since she seems upset. And that's an interesting assumption of yours-- are you an authority on "real" bullying? I am not, which is why I quoted an article. I do not claim to know everything. Have a nice day.

Ah, so you have posted a huge comment about bullying when you have no actual idea if the OP has been bullied or if that's why she is upset? Are you going around posting this on everyone's threads just in case people are 'more likely to read it'?

I am not an authority on 'real' bullying - however, I HAVE been bullied, and I can assure you that is not what happens here.

You clearly don't like this forum as you repeatedly go on about all the nasty bullies on here, so how about you just don't post. Have a nice day.

So now it is not allowed, to post something unrelated on a thread topic? Gee whillickers, I never knew. My sincerest apologies.

I don't like certain people or groups of people here, yes, you're right. The same can be said for everyone, even the well-liked people going on their rants about other people being too naive, too sensitive, or adding weird foods to the database. However, the people who tell THEM not to post get shot down for exactly the same reasons. Isn't that ironic. (Similarly, if you didn't like MY post, why bother replying to it? See how this circular logic is ineffective?) Also, there are plenty of level-headed people on here, or people who choose to voice their disagreements with others in a way that is not disrespectful, judgmental or hurtful.
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Me too! Life sucks. Wait... no it don't! :) Life is GREAT! Even if I am FAT and BROKE and have 3 beautiful crazy chilluns who tell me "Mama, you mucho loco!" P.S. we're white...
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    the only person I see you hurting in all of this is you.

so good job on hurting you.

and thank you for telling all of us about your continued quest to hurt yourself.

(and I totally do NOT mean this in any way but logically and factually...there is no "mean"ness meant in what I say)

I like your stockings
  • pamuyamakene
    pamuyamakene Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    At this difficult time, it might be easy to crumble, to give it all up and just surrender. Heck I try to give up on any hiccup in my life! I can imagine how much pressure and frustration there must be to have a loved one critically in. But if u can channel your worry and frustration into a positive, you can get a lot of relief by working out. Whenever I feel I can't handle it a walk or a run (till I'm out of breath 5 mins in) really helps me let it out. Hope u get through this we r routing for u xx
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Haha, this is as epic as your original thread a few days ago. If you can refer back to any posts that 'bullied' the OP, either in this thread or her last thread, then please do, as I'd be intrigued to see what your interpretation of 'bullying' is. I'm pretty sure 99% of the people that repeatedly cry 'bully!' on here have never actually suffered real bullying once in their life.

As I said at the beginning, I rather impolitely tacked onto this thread merely because I knew people would be more likely to read it here. I did not read OP's controversial (or not) post. I did, however, offer to discuss the topic with her personally, since she seems upset. And that's an interesting assumption of yours-- are you an authority on "real" bullying? I am not, which is why I quoted an article. I do not claim to know everything. Have a nice day.

Ah, so you have posted a huge comment about bullying when you have no actual idea if the OP has been bullied or if that's why she is upset? Are you going around posting this on everyone's threads just in case people are 'more likely to read it'?

I am not an authority on 'real' bullying - however, I HAVE been bullied, and I can assure you that is not what happens here.

You clearly don't like this forum as you repeatedly go on about all the nasty bullies on here, so how about you just don't post. Have a nice day.

So now it is not allowed, to post something unrelated on a thread topic? Gee whillickers, I never knew. My sincerest apologies.

I don't like certain people or groups of people here, yes, you're right. The same can be said for everyone, even the well-liked people going on their rants about other people being too naive, too sensitive, or adding weird foods to the database. However, the people who tell THEM not to post get shot down for exactly the same reasons. Isn't that ironic. (Similarly, if you didn't like MY post, why bother replying to it? See how this circular logic is ineffective?) Also, there are plenty of level-headed people on here, or people who choose to voice their disagreements with others in a way that is not disrespectful, judgmental or hurtful.
    Actually, it isn't. It's called hijacking and it goes against the forum guidelines.

The more you know.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    OP - my advice to you is to build a group of friends and when you need comfort or support or motivation or anything else - go to your friends not the forums.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I've had a hard week.....family members in critical aneurym life threatening surgery among other things and I read something that comforted me and I tried to share that on a thread on here -- rather than reading, deciding it's not for you and moving on - some folks felt the need to make unnecessary comments.

I get we all have our opinions - on every topic -- but you can respond or not respond. Even when I disagree, I try to be kind. Sometimes, you need to think about the poster and where they may be. It's just been a really heartwrenching few weeks and I could have used some friendly comments - or none at all - as opposed to some that I received.

I don't need to be 'rescued"....and I'm not manipulative. I'm just a person trying to provide something comforting to those who may be receptive to that - at a time I needed comfort as well.

I'm guessing I'm at least a big part of this. Yes, sometimes we do need to think more about the poster's feelings. But by the same tolken you need to think about the context of this site.

Coming to a site whose SOLE POINT is self improvement, then making a post about how we are wonderful just the way we are is going to get some backlash.

If you want help and support and encouragement, go to the support and motivation forum and make a post along the lines of "struggling, need supportive friends"... don't post about how we are great just the way we are.

She can write anything she likes, just like the haters do. Same token if people have nothing nice to say why cant they just use the chit chat and fun forums
  • NRLMMeynendonckx
    Options
    ^ this. thank you for posting this. hopefully it will open someones eyes. even if it's just 1 person. I'm not very active on MFP forums and the rude answers some people give are one of the reasons why. OP: you'll be fine. Quiting is very permanent. You don't want that. Believe me.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    the only person I see you hurting in all of this is you.

so good job on hurting you.

and thank you for telling all of us about your continued quest to hurt yourself.

Huh. This is personally extremely relevant in my life and my approach to a few things right now. I really like how you worded that - gives me pause. Thank you for that.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I've had a hard week.....family members in critical aneurym life threatening surgery among other things and I read something that comforted me and I tried to share that on a thread on here -- rather than reading, deciding it's not for you and moving on - some folks felt the need to make unnecessary comments.

I get we all have our opinions - on every topic -- but you can respond or not respond. Even when I disagree, I try to be kind. Sometimes, you need to think about the poster and where they may be. It's just been a really heartwrenching few weeks and I could have used some friendly comments - or none at all - as opposed to some that I received.

I don't need to be 'rescued"....and I'm not manipulative. I'm just a person trying to provide something comforting to those who may be receptive to that - at a time I needed comfort as well.
    I'm sorry you are feeling bad and having a hard week. I hope you find strength within yourself to keep moving forward.

Intentional or not, your original post was manipulative. I don't think you are a bad person for it. I hope you would want an honest opinion about it.

I'm glad you don't need to be rescued. That tells me you are not as likely to quit. That's good. And trying to offer comfort to others is a good thing. Just because other people don't agree with your methods of comfort don't make them wrong ("them" applies to both your methods and other people).

Offer comfort genuinely and free. It will be received by some, ignored by some, rejected by some, perhaps ridiculed by some. Who cares? You offered comfort. For free. Free of expectations and returns. Free of judgment. The reactions don't matter.

Hang in there.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

Apology accepted.
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Friends lists and groups are the best place to turn to for support. The public forums here have suffered from the weight of MFP's popularity. It's the sad natural evolution of a internet message board. When a forum gets popular enough eventually the 1% ruins it for the rest.

Don't give up, don't give in. As Macarthur once said "we're not retreating, we are advancing in a different direction." Advance in a different direction and you got this.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

The more you know.

^GI-Joooooooe

/ahem

Anyway: report me, then, since the force of negativity on this community is like a hurricane that refuses to die. Even though I offered to OP that she could privately message me to talk, and yes I did mean it. But I violated the rules, so report me.

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!! G.I. Joe is: "Knowing is half the battle". If you cant even get that right, how can we trust any of your other content?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    You also said you weren't returning to this thread.

I do wish you would actually follow through on your actions.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

tumblr_lvyklcEDFR1qiqayb_zps01ccfd16.gif
  • GmanKG
    GmanKG Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Take a break...maybe, but quit? Never quit look at all the replies you got...best wishes and when you look back you'll wonder "what was I thinking!". :)
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

The more you know.

^GI-Joooooooe

/ahem

Anyway: report me, then, since the force of negativity on this community is like a hurricane that refuses to die. Even though I offered to OP that she could privately message me to talk, and yes I did mean it. But I violated the rules, so report me.
    You also said you weren't returning to this thread.

I do wish you would actually follow through on your actions.

@DontStop :flowerforyou: for the giggles!