I quit

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Gwen,
    Haters gonna hate - don't let them get to you! :flowerforyou:

From what I've read so far, I haven't seen any "hate". I've seen some mutual misunderstanding, but certainly not anything even close to "hate"...

...but I'm still catching up. Maybe it's in one of the more recent pages.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    If you write a post saying title I Quit , then you already did. I'm not a quitter....I like to solve the puzzle or die trying.

"Nutrition is a diet......Nutrition with exercise is a LIFESTYLE"

That was my attitude about the Rubix cube...and look where it is today!

main-qimg-197131e1d1476aa230aceb99bbdfa764
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I know I've just joined, but isn't this whole forum dedicated to being supportive/ helpful? So whether or not someone agrees or disagrees with your religion/preferences is really irrelevant, they either find the motivation that they were looking for and move on, or they don't, and move on.

Either way, the key phrase here is move on...

Personally I'm not at all religious, nor do I find solace in thinking religious/spiritual things, but if that works for some great, and I hope you reach your goals because of it. And if it doesn't help you do what I do, say "Oh this isn't for me" And go on to the next post.

No need for all the trolling or negativity.

It's a hard balance... yes, support is a part of it, but support means different things to different people. Additionally, how do you support someone (or some post) that is giving bad information? So yes, support is part of it, but the forms are also very largely about learning and information sharing.

I understand that, and you're right, but if you have nothing constructive to say why attack someone, is I guess the point I was after. If you're really coming here to help or be helped, there shouldn't be a reason to attack anyone.

What's attacking to one person isn't attacking to another.

Bringing things full circle, I do think I was pretty aggressive with my post in the other thread that seems to have prompted this thread... but not everyone would/does have a problem with that.
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Lemme quote Bobby McFerrin:

Don't Worry. Be Happy.

Yes, lame. Hah. But whatever. :)
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Lemme quote Bobby McFerrin:

Don't Worry. Be Happy.

Yes, lame. Hah. But whatever. :)

I like it~!
  • Faded_Memories
    Options
    is this an emotion-based appeal to get someone to 'come to your rescue' while you provide no information whatsoever?

Seems rather manipulative to me.

I don't quit when I get tired/frustrated/bored/etc. Those are to be expected. I quit when I am done.

Good luck to all!

^ This.

It's called the Internet. Don't take it too seriously now, Gwen. And don't be a drama queen by starting threads like these ;)
  • Getyourshineon
    Options
    Simply put ~ Winners never quit, Quitters never win.... Heard it growing up all my life.. So, while I am very tender hearted and feel you, you probably should make some postive changes. When you are that tired and frustrated it's difficult to make good decisions. Lean on your family and friends and your Lord and you will be fine, but quitting everything will do you in .....
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    To quote the almighty Crankster:
    NO.

To the OP: Good luck in your future endeavors. See ya.
  • healthysista66
    Options
    Okay I haven't even read the post yet. But I'm going to say this and then I'll read it. DON'T QUIT! GIVING UP IS NOT AN OPTION! You are blessed. You're breating right? Keep you head up and push through. Hey if you want to vent, cry, scream and kick. Then do that! Then get back on course.:heart::heart: :heart:
  • Joey_TheGreat
    Options
    why quit now? the hardest part in anything is GETTING STARTED. NOTHING THAT COMES EASY IS WORTH HOLDING ON TO!!!!
  • healthysista66
    Options
    "I quit when I'm done." I like that.
  • Strobins05
    Options
    I suggest you read your own post/thread and find motivation from there.
    ...Realize today, God didn’t make anyone inferior. He didn’t make any person second class. No, you are a masterpiece! You are fully loaded and totally equipped for the race that’s been designed for you!
    Don't let the trolls win.

I concur:flowerforyou:
  • mckramer1999
    mckramer1999 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Don't let the trolls win.

Keep on keepin' on girl
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Only quitters quit.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    You can't control how others act. People are going to respond. Just because YOU would not leave a comment on something that doesn't pertain to you does not mean someone else wouldn't or shouldn't. It's just not how the world works

That being said...it would be a huge crying shame for you to QUIT over something like this.

Stop it. Focus on yourself and to hell with everyone else. Simple.

To be honest...I read the other posts that may have set this off (I don't know you so obviously I can't speak for you) but that thread was mild...and the comments made were not surprising. You did receive a lot of good comments but really...you need to ignore the ones you don't like just as much as you wish those people had ignored the thread to begin with.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    is this an emotion-based appeal to get someone to 'come to your rescue' while you provide no information whatsoever?

Seems rather manipulative to me.

I don't quit when I get tired/frustrated/bored/etc. Those are to be expected. I quit when I am done.

Good luck to all!

It happens.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

It's a hard balance... yes, support is a part of it, but support means different things to different people. Additionally, how do you support someone (or some post) that is giving bad information? So yes, support is part of it, but the forms are also very largely about learning and information sharing.

I understand that, and you're right, but if you have nothing constructive to say why attack someone, is I guess the point I was after. If you're really coming here to help or be helped, there shouldn't be a reason to attack anyone.

Using your logic, telling someone that obviously needs to toughen up that they should toughen up could be seen as an attack that is not constructive. Meanwhile, if they toughen up 99% of their problems are solved. Surely it's easier to try to get one person to change their outlook to something that will let the cope with the way the world actually works than to keep harping on the magical way you wish the world would change, no?

I don't even bother leaving comments on 80% of the threads I open up anymore because unless you 100% agree with the OP, no matter how brain dead or harmful their idea is, you're called an unsupportive bully and told that if you don't agree then just close the thread and move on. I guess I thought people came onto internet forums for correct advice, not someone to hold their hand while they go in the wrong direction and ultimately give up.
  • mgarcia843
    Options

Using your logic, telling someone that obviously needs to toughen up that they should toughen up could be seen as an attack that is not constructive. Meanwhile, if they toughen up 99% of their problems are solved. Surely it's easier to try to get one person to change their outlook to something that will let the cope with the way the world actually works than to keep harping on the magical way you wish the world would change, no?

I don't even bother leaving comments on 80% of the threads I open up anymore because unless you 100% agree with the OP, no matter how brain dead or harmful their idea is, you're called an unsupportive bully and told that if you don't agree then just close the thread and move on. I guess I thought people came onto internet forums for correct advice, not someone to hold their hand while they go in the wrong direction and ultimately give up.

There is a difference between telling someone is wrong and an attack, subjective as either may be.

It is possible to be constructive and supportive at the same time. My only point is that a negative attitude doesn't have to come along with telling someone they are wrong about something.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

There is a difference between telling someone is wrong and an attack, subjective as either may be.

It is possible to be constructive and supportive at the same time. My only point is that a negative attitude doesn't have to come along with telling someone they are wrong about something.

the part you're not realizing is that pretty much every time you tell someone they are wrong about something, you will get accused of having a negative attitude. doesn't matter how nicely you say it. go forth and see for yourself. go to 10 threads right now where someone is doing something that you clearly feel is wrong and try to help them by correcting them or telling them the truth. you'll get blasted in 7 of them.

i just found the OP's thread from earlier today that she's so hurt that she wants to quit about. there's no there there. 2 pages, with 80% of the comments saying thank you, a handful of people saying religion has nothing to do with it, and couple of people saying they'd rather improve than embrace. I mean, if you're going to throw a tantrum and post "I QUIT EVERYTHING" after the light action from that thread, I don't need to be softer, you need to be harder. a LOT harder.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options

the part you're not realizing is that pretty much every time you tell someone they are wrong about something, you will get accused of having a negative attitude. doesn't matter how nicely you say it. go forth and see for yourself. go to 10 threads right now where someone is doing something that you clearly feel is wrong and try to help them by correcting them or telling them the truth. you'll get blasted in 7 of them.

i just found the OP's thread from earlier today that she's so hurt that she wants to quit about. there's no there there. 2 pages, with 80% of the comments saying thank you, a handful of people saying religion has nothing to do with it, and couple of people saying they'd rather improve than embrace. I mean, if you're going to throw a tantrum and post "I QUIT EVERYTHING" after the light action from that thread, I don't need to be softer, you need to be harder. a LOT harder.

Can I get an 'Amen!'