I quit

Options

Replies

• Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    This Message Board Forum is dedicated to "Motivation and Support"

Pay attention to where you are on the Message Boards and act accordingly.

Pretty simple really...
    I don't appreciate your condescending tone. This is a thread about being supportive in the motivation and SUPPORT forum after all.
    My apologies. I didn't mean to sound condescending.

I meant that to me it is simple. We all have different opinions about what is motivational. If that was her idea of motivation and support, why argue with her? If you don't agree, just scroll on by.

That's all I meant. I guess I should have just said that. Again, sorry...

Believe me... your post didn't bother me at all.

My point was that someone who is going to get all butthurt about something will find a way to do it regardless of what you say or how you say it.

The bottom line is that, in most cases, it's as much about the poster as it is the replier. Rarely does the "blame" fall only on one person.
    Ah! Got it... good point and well said.
  • Jano101
    Jano101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great stuff, gave me a bit more knowledge around bullying. Thanks.
  • Angelangi
    Options
    I wouldn't quit over some people who cant hold their tongues. Have a break, gt your life and family sorted out. Then, if you feel like you want to continue,, simply carry on.. Do not let these small minded people chase you away..
  • TwinkieOfMyEye
    Options
    God doesn't like quitters!
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Is this because people disagreed with your other post?

Ding ding!

i think she may have come in here because she feels defeated and needs motivation, but feel free to continue being *kitten*!

Did you actually read the other thread? A few people disagreed with her way of seeing things - myself included - and said so (for what it's worth I still feel like I was perfectly polite). There's nothing motivational in saying we should be happy with how God made us; if anything that would breed apathy. To point this viewpoint out in a forum for motivation seems more than reasonable.

this is her post, and she needed motivation and support. apples and oranges. one second she may feel happy with herself, but right now she is discouraged....so i find it unreasonable, but kicking people when they are down and putting them in their place must feel mighty rewarding.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Dude. Chill.

Don't post anything in public forums without the expectation of criticism. Not everyone agrees with you, and especially on the internet, they are going to let you know of that fact. Look at this as a lesson learned, but taking on the victim roll will make sure you learn nothing.

Maybe you should stick to your friends list?
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

What if they quit satanism?
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

What if they quit satanism?

:laugh:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    So a few people disagreed with you in another thread and you got upset and post a "I quit" in the forums. *sigh*

Seems to me either you just wanted to throw a tantrum because you didn't get your way, or you just needed an excuse to quit and found something to blame for the reason you are giving up.

Your choice. But no one here is making you do anything. No one can make you feel or do anything (unless we are talking physical pain of course)...so really, if you quit..it's all on you.

Best of luck in life.

ETA: I looked at your thread that you made that you are so upset over. It was only 2 pages and 90% of the comments were actually positive. I think maybe you need to just take a break from the forums and internet and get your head straight and deal with the things in real that are also causing you stress. Not being mean, but just saying that I think you need to handle the other stuff especially if 2 posts that happen to disagree with what you are saying is going to make you throw the towel in.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/891127-wow-how-many-times-a-day-do-we-do-this
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    If you quit then you don't want it bad enough.
  • tc6952
    tc6952 Posts: 14
    Options
    Please, quit. And leave the boards for those who actually want to work hard and be motivated.
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Please, quit. And leave the boards for those who actually want to work hard and be motivated.

:drinker:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

:drinker:

tumblr_ma3xc4uVYO1r3l66z.gif
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I missed the other thread. Can someone fill me in?

OP made a post about how God made us the way we are and that's great etc.
    Some people disagreed, some people agreed. One person was maybe a bit rude, but most weren't. I disagreed but was perfectly polite, and a few people really liked the post.

If that's enough to make someone quit, maybe they never really started to begin with. Seems a bit flimsy.

I can see how that would offend people. Not everyone believes in "God" and this is not a religious forum so those declarations dont have a place here, imo
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Hope it gets better~have faith.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    There is no "I" in quit!
    Wait a minute...
  • porkchop_13
    Options
    I missed the other thread. Can someone fill me in?

OP made a post about how God made us the way we are and that's great etc.
    Some people disagreed, some people agreed. One person was maybe a bit rude, but most weren't. I disagreed but was perfectly polite, and a few people really liked the post.

If that's enough to make someone quit, maybe they never really started to begin with. Seems a bit flimsy.

I can see how that would offend people. Not everyone believes in "God" and this is not a religious forum so those declarations dont have a place here, imo

This ^^
  • pmv1
    pmv1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Dont quit yet , it will start working , you have to have patience, none of us gained overnite, its gonna take a whole makeover of
    eating habits and exercise, if you need help i will helpyou
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    This Message Board Forum is dedicated to "Motivation and Support"

Pay attention to where you are on the Message Boards and act accordingly.

Pretty simple really...
    I don't appreciate your condescending tone. This is a thread about being supportive in the motivation and SUPPORT forum after all.

Where is the "*****ing, Whining and Complaining" forum?
  • tc6952
    tc6952 Posts: 14
    Options

Where is the "*****ing, Whining and Complaining" forum?

AMEN, but not in a religious way :)