The foods you must STOP EATING RIGHT NOW...

Options

Replies

• Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    In my world there are 3 food groups: animals, fat - lots and lots of fat, and produce.

It's simple. Eat real food (food doesn't contain ingredients; food is an ingredient. A bunch of foods cooked together is a recipe).

There isn't anything on that list that is food. They are industrial commodities, pseudo-food, franken-food, crap. Whatever you want to call it. But none of it is food.

Food is steak (ingredient: steak)
    Food is blueberries (ingredient: blueberries)
    Food is eggs (ingredient: egg)

And I still enjoy the occasional crap. I mostly eat for fuel. Every so often I will eat for pleasure/entertainment.

THIS. Simplicity at it's finest. This seems like a troll thread which I totally believe because I think I read another bogus thread by the same poster yesterday.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    What was the purpose of this thread? To make a point? Teach a lesson? Poke fun?

Is it successful when those that "get it" disparage those that don't?

Satire doesn't work if your audience doesn't realize it's satire. At some point it just becomes contempt.

Aww! Does somebody need a waaahmbulance?
  • calisunrise
    Options
    i just had it all. uh oh
    AM I GONNA DIE?
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Two thumbs down.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    fatty cuts of steak like T-bone & rib-eye

NO

stop it.

Just no. You cant have my steak!:noway: :explode:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Wow jofjltncb6....11 pages :tongue:
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Option A: Why are you all so mean? If you don't like the facts I posted, then just leave and don't post anything at all.

or

Option B: Maybe it isn't absolutely essential for your success that you don't eat any of the foods on this list. Perhaps I should have done some more reading first.

They aren't facts.
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Option A: Why are you all so mean? If you don't like the facts I posted, then just leave and don't post anything at all.

or

Option B: Maybe it isn't absolutely essential for your success that you don't eat any of the foods on this list. Perhaps I should have done some more reading first.

These peeps are just having fun-I think your list is very right on, not totally doable but right on-I can give up everything on your list except alcohol, you gotta leave me one vice right?
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    i call BS on the entire list.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Satire doesn't work if your audience doesn't realize it's satire. At some point it just becomes contempt.

Unfortunately, I missed the surprisingly narrow "point" window...and next thing I know, it's gone.

But honestly, many still got the point (to the extent there was one)...and others who didn't, well, they are no more confused now than they were before reading this.

Think of it as one of those conversation topics you're given in a class where you don't necessarily know where it's going to go, but you can be absolutely certain it will go somewhere.

ETA: Oh, and not all of my writing are just for "satire/humor". Sometimes, I just start things and then watch where they go from there. Sure, I may have a general idea, but it almost never works out like I plan.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In my world there are 3 food groups: animals, fat - lots and lots of fat, and produce.

It's simple. Eat real food (food doesn't contain ingredients; food is an ingredient. A bunch of foods cooked together is a recipe).

There isn't anything on that list that is food. They are industrial commodities, pseudo-food, franken-food, crap. Whatever you want to call it. But none of it is food.

Food is steak (ingredient: steak)
    Food is blueberries (ingredient: blueberries)
    Food is eggs (ingredient: egg)

And I still enjoy the occasional crap. I mostly eat for fuel. Every so often I will eat for pleasure/entertainment.

THIS. Simplicity at it's finest. This seems like a troll thread which I totally believe because I think I read another bogus thread by the same poster yesterday.

Libelous!
  • TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    What makes me sad is the people who read this and go, "Wow yeah I believe this - this is true and I need to follow it..."

So I decided to have some fun: here are the items from the list that I HAVEN'T and WON'T eat...

Toffee - not a bad idea thouh - I should get some...
    Gums - I chew on pens and that's about it...
    Boiled sweets - WTF is that?!
    Liqorice - 'cause it's nasty...
    Cereals (I prefer eggs and bacon, and, well, they're on the list...)

And uh, that's it! Aaaand I've lost 51 pounds... SO, y'all hop on your Fact Train and roll on out to Bullsh!tsville!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Wow jofjltncb6....11 pages :tongue:

Like a boss. :glasses:
  • Imgoing2makeit
    Options
    Why no pickles? Some have "0" calories...which blows my mind b/c cucumbers have calories.

High sodium
  • bootsandfros
    bootsandfros Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    what are boiled sweets? sounds yummaaay
  • ChristinaK69
    Options
    Why no pickles? Some have "0" calories...which blows my mind b/c cucumbers have calories.

GMO Pickles remove the calories

ICK!! just one more reason to stay away from pickles.
  • nacobi
    nacobi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I guess I would lose weight if I cut out all of that stuff because there would nothing left to eat lol.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

It's all fun and games until someone's feelings get hurt...then it's just...fun and games...
  • Subowski
    Options
    I read all 12 pages guffawing my face off whilst working my way through a vat of chocolate. I so need a gif for that....
  • monacienta
    Options
    I think they are joking and not necessarily trying to mean.:happy: Some of the remarks were kind of jokey joke.Thanks for posting the info. It's a guideline...not a strict lifestyle change. Some hamburgers have all the calories that we are allowed for the entire day.:noway: