The foods you must STOP EATING RIGHT NOW...

Options
jofjltncb6
jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
Here's an article I found on the internet that I think everyone should know about. I don't know if everything on this list is true, but maybe it will help you. I found it at http://www.nowloss.com/foods-not-to-eat-when-trying-to-lose-weight-dieting.htm (Yes, I know, people don't always cite their sources, but I just can't plagiarize.)

"The foods you must STOP EATING RIGHT NOW when trying to lose weight are…

You need to stop drinking regular & diet sodas. Quick fact: If you replaced a 20oz bottle of soda with water daily… You would easily lose up to 35 pounds in one year so if you're addicted to soda - go here to see how to stop drinking soda so…
Drink more water, Drink more sugar-free vegetable juices (like V8), Drink more Green Tea and…
Cut down on or try to stop drinking alcohol. Quick fact: Alcohol is basically the refined juice of natural foods which makes it a drink of pure concentrated sugar that will make you gain fat easily and…
AVOID the grocery store snack aisle - Stop eating potato chips, popcorn, cookies, candy, ice cream, cakes, etc. The ingredients in these foods make you want to eat more and the companies who make these snack foods know you'll stay addicted to them (even after you gained lots of weight eating their snacks) but…
The companies don't care if you gain weight because of their snack products as long as they make their money off YOU and if you're addicted to snacks - Read 30+ ways to curb your cravings for snacks, salt & sugar
You need to make a strong effort to cut down on your salt & sugar intake because too much salt & sugar causes you to gain water weight making you look fatter than you already are and…
Avoid processed foods as much as possible because the processing of these foods removes all the stuff that helps you lose weight and replaces it with stuff like sugar, corn syrup and hydrogenated oils to make you fatter so…
Read food labels and avoid anything that has sugar as it's main source of carbs or has corn syrup & hydrogenated oils as ingredients and…
Don't be fooled by the term "Multigrain" since it's just a fancy word for processed carbs and choose "Whole Grain" products only and…
Here's a bigger list of Foods NOT to eat when trying to lose weight…

Fried foods
Hamburgers & French fries
Table sugar
Plain Jam
salted nuts
smoked nuts
refried beans
Baked Beans
Chocolate Fudge
Candy
Toffee
Gums
Boiled sweets
Mint Sweets
Liquorice
Honey - Honey has minimal nutritional value & has the same calorie content as sugar.
Soft drinks
Tinned fruits
Chutney
Pickle
bacon
sausage
cured meats
ham
fatty cuts of steak like T-bone & rib-eye
Puddings
Corn syrup
Fruit juice - It's better to eat raw fruit instead of fruit juice because fruits contain more fiber and the juice will always contain more sugar than the actual fruit.
Cake
Bread made with white flour
Soda pop, such as Coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc.
All baked goods made with white flour
Coffee
Biscuits
Fast foods
Pasta made with white flour
Canned fruits w/added sugar
Most packaged cereals
Alcohol can slow your metabolism down by 73%
Potato chips
Popcorn
Cookies
Ice cream
Cakes
Pies
All deserts
Artificial sweeteners like Nutrasweet, Equal, Sweet N Low, Sweet Twin, Sugar Twin, Splenda, Sunett & Sweet One
Most bottled green teas have more ingredients in it to help you gain weight than the actual green tea itself to help you lose weight.

Replies

• stevestloo
    Options
    >Pickle
  • niki87lewis
    niki87lewis Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Wow......just wow......why can't I eat pig?!?!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Why no pickles? Some have "0" calories...which blows my mind b/c cucumbers have calories.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Seems legit.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the handy, printable shopping list! You saved me some time writing all this stuff down for myself!
  • DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Why no pickles? Some have "0" calories...which blows my mind b/c cucumbers have calories.

GMO Pickles remove the calories
  • MissPuPu
    Options
    i got hungry reading the no list hahaha (not funny really)
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    No pickles is probably due to the sodium content. Better to just eat just the cucumbers.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    TL;DR
  • BGM325
    BGM325 Posts: 78
    Options
    (Let's demonstrate how this is supposed to play out...)

Here's an article I found on the internet that I think everyone should know about. I don't know if everything on this list is true, but maybe it will help you. I found it at http://www.nowloss.com/foods-not-to-eat-when-trying-to-lose-weight-dieting.htm (Yes, I know, people don't always cite their sources, but I just can't plagiarize.)

"The foods you must STOP EATING RIGHT NOW when trying to lose weight are…

You need to stop drinking regular & diet sodas. Quick fact: If you replaced a 20oz bottle of soda with water daily… You would easily lose up to 35 pounds in one year so if you're addicted to soda - go here to see how to stop drinking soda so…
    Drink more water, Drink more sugar-free vegetable juices (like V8), Drink more Green Tea and…
    Cut down on or try to stop drinking alcohol. Quick fact: Alcohol is basically the refined juice of natural foods which makes it a drink of pure concentrated sugar that will make you gain fat easily and…
    AVOID the grocery store snack aisle - Stop eating potato chips, popcorn, cookies, candy, ice cream, cakes, etc. The ingredients in these foods make you want to eat more and the companies who make these snack foods know you'll stay addicted to them (even after you gained lots of weight eating their snacks) but…
    The companies don't care if you gain weight because of their snack products as long as they make their money off YOU and if you're addicted to snacks - Read 30+ ways to curb your cravings for snacks, salt & sugar
    You need to make a strong effort to cut down on your salt & sugar intake because too much salt & sugar causes you to gain water weight making you look fatter than you already are and…
    Avoid processed foods as much as possible because the processing of these foods removes all the stuff that helps you lose weight and replaces it with stuff like sugar, corn syrup and hydrogenated oils to make you fatter so…
    Read food labels and avoid anything that has sugar as it's main source of carbs or has corn syrup & hydrogenated oils as ingredients and…
    Don't be fooled by the term "Multigrain" since it's just a fancy word for processed carbs and choose "Whole Grain" products only and…
    Here's a bigger list of Foods NOT to eat when trying to lose weight…

Fried foods
    Hamburgers & French fries
    Table sugar
    Plain Jam
    salted nuts
    smoked nuts
    refried beans
    Baked Beans
    Chocolate Fudge
    Candy
    Toffee
    Gums
    Boiled sweets
    Mint Sweets
    Liquorice
    Honey - Honey has minimal nutritional value & has the same calorie content as sugar.
    Soft drinks
    Tinned fruits
    Chutney
    Pickle
    bacon
    sausage
    cured meats
    ham
    fatty cuts of steak like T-bone & rib-eye
    Puddings
    Corn syrup
    Fruit juice - It's better to eat raw fruit instead of fruit juice because fruits contain more fiber and the juice will always contain more sugar than the actual fruit.
    Cake
    Bread made with white flour
    Soda pop, such as Coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc.
    All baked goods made with white flour
    Coffee
    Biscuits
    Fast foods
    Pasta made with white flour
    Canned fruits w/added sugar
    Most packaged cereals
    Alcohol can slow your metabolism down by 73%
    Potato chips
    Popcorn
    Cookies
    Ice cream
    Cakes
    Pies
    All deserts
    Artificial sweeteners like Nutrasweet, Equal, Sweet N Low, Sweet Twin, Sugar Twin, Splenda, Sunett & Sweet One
    Most bottled green teas have more ingredients in it to help you gain weight than the actual green tea itself to help you lose weight.

(Now, I sit back and wait for the (hopefully typical) responses.)

I ate all that for dinner last night. And I'm still feeling a little full this morning. What should I do? :sad:
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Apparently you want me to starve to death :sad:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

GMO Pickles remove the calories

GASP!
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options

I'm guessing it's because they're typically loaded with sodium. And sodium is the devil.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I'm a special snowflake, so I can still eat all those foods.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of when my dog kills a rabbit and leaves it on the welcome mat.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    but but but honey tastes good :((((
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Option A: Why are you all so mean? If you don't like the facts I posted, then just leave and don't post anything at all.

or

Option B: Maybe it isn't absolutely essential for your success that you don't eat any of the foods on this list. Perhaps I should have done some more reading first.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    And also, Jof....DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN'T EAT! :flowerforyou:

Lies I tell ya....ALL LIES.

(yelling inteded)
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    "fatty cuts of steak like T-bone & rib-eye"

Haha yeah right. I live off rib eye when I can afford it and I'm losing weight like crazy. I have to substitute butter for my fat when I eat leaner cuts or I get bingey after a couple of days.

I actually do avoid most of the rest (I'll kill anyone who takes my coffee away, though), because it works very well for me.

Oh, and is it just me or did it miss a crucial piece of info on alcohol, namely those evil, evil alcohol munchies?