The foods you must STOP EATING RIGHT NOW...

Options

Replies

• MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    Fried foods-cant. ulcer.
    Hamburgers & French fries- see above.
    Table sugar-i prefer honey
    Plain Jam- and homemade at that ;)
    salted nuts-dont like most salted.
    smoked nuts-had some earlier
    refried beans-why even have a burrito then?!
    Baked Beans-GRILL SEASON!
    Chocolate Fudge-i prefer just chocolate
    Candy-sometimes
    Toffee- i will punch your grandma over toffee.
    Gums-i chew like a cow.
    Boiled sweets- sounds gross.
    Mint Sweets- id like a york pattie now.
    Liquorice- BEST. EVAAAAR.
    Honey - Local unproccessed helps allergies!
    Soft drinks- no thanks
    Tinned fruits- canned pears are omnomnom
    Chutney- never had it.
    Pickle- gross
    bacon- id rather die than quit bacon
    sausage-see above
    cured meats-not so much
    ham- dont like ham
    fatty cuts of steak like T-bone & rib-eye- i dont eat beef
    Puddings-butterscotch ;)
    Corn syrup-not so much
    Fruit juice - i juice my own
    Cake-german chocolate
    Bread made with white flour-homemade
    Soda pop, such as Coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc.-isnt this akso a soft drink?
    All baked goods made with white flour-keep em homemade
    Coffee-enjoying some now
    Biscuits-cheddar dill :D
    Fast foods-ulcer. see top.
    Pasta made with white flour- bowties are best
    Canned fruits w/added sugar-isnt this tinned fruit?
    Most packaged cereals-like count chocula?
    Alcohol - i dont drink
    Potato chips- BBQ lays. all day.
    Popcorn-with cheese
    Cookies- sandies and samoas
    Ice cream- ben and jerrys
    Cakes- on here twice
    Pies- my grandma makes a chocolate pie that you'd kick kittens for
    All deserts- i dont want to eat sand anyway.
    Artificial sweeteners like Nutrasweet, Equal, Sweet N Low, Sweet Twin, Sugar Twin, Splenda, Sunett & Sweet One-splenda in my coffee.
    Most bottled green teas have more ingredients in it to help you gain weight than the actual green tea itself to help you lose weight.- bottled tea tastes stagnant anyway.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    What I find helpful is looking for clever substitute dishes...something like this:

tumblr_lvjyriqPb81qa6tqxo1_500.jpg

ERMAHGARD! CHURKEN NURGERTS!

(Yeah I recycled it, and I thinks it's twice as funny this time around!)

LOL Now that looks delicious. Perhaps you can you start a thread with the recipe so everyone gets to see it :bigsmile:
  • BrenWOW
    Options
    what's wrong with coffee? ??(Unless you're pouring a lot of sugar and creamer in )Coffee is a necessity!
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    FUN FACT: Sugar-free gum can act as a laxative if you chew too much of it. Why?
    tumblr_m3vit2oPDV1ru06ato1_500.gif
    But I did see it on an episode of House, so I'm taking it as gospel.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    What I find helpful is looking for clever substitute dishes...something like this:

Whatever you do, when you put this in the database, don't label is "chicken nuggets". Instead, please label it either "CHURKEN NURGERTS" or "baked breaded okra".
  • TrishLG
    TrishLG Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Wow......just wow......why can't I eat pig?!?!

I read a diet book by Jordan Rubin, Perfect Weight. He was adament about pig.
    He said something like, you can put four pigs each in their own cages.
    Since they will eat annny-thing, just stack them one on top of the other and you only have to feed the top pig. All will grow.
    He was equally tough on lobster. Now I am from Maine, so especially did not appreciate his bottom feeder comments!
    But enjoy the book, I did very much!

The reason why I stopped eating pig is that the best tasting stuff, ham and bacon are filled with nitrates.
    They are poisons, in small enough quanities that most people can tolerate them.
    I am not most people. Arthritis flared and had my fingers looking like Italian sausages,
    which do taste great, and if they are fresh, may not have nitrates, but I might just as well patch the directly onto my back side.
    I smell the things and gain weight. Animal fat is so deadly.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    My favorite is that people think this thread is serious.
  • paintedlady77
    paintedlady77 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm screwed.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

Whatever you do, when you put this in the database, don't label is "chicken nuggets". Instead, please label it either "CHURKEN NURGERTS" or "baked breaded okra".

I concur. Except just CHURKEN NURGERTS.
  • AvsFreak
    AvsFreak Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I wish people would stop posting this kind of thing...

Every heard of IIFYM? If it fits your macros?

That may work for some of you special snowflake people, but us regular people have to try different things to be successful...like search the internet for lists of foods we should/shouldn't eat.

Yeah, I was a 350 pound snowflake.

I lost weight while still eating most of those things. Losing weight is calories in vs calories out. Period. You can even gain weight eating "healthy" foods if you are over your TDEE. If you aren't losing weight, you're eating too much or aren't busting your *kitten* in the gym. Stop blaming the types food and get to work.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Jof, did that play out the way you expected? I myself was surprised by the amount of people who still thought you were serious even though you said you weren't on the first page of posts.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Here's a list of foods I won't STOP EATING RIGHT NOW...
    Fried foods
    Hamburgers & French fries
    Table sugar
    Plain Jam
    salted nuts
    smoked nuts
    refried beans
    Baked Beans
    Chocolate Fudge
    Candy
    Toffee
    Gums
    Boiled sweets
    Mint Sweets
    Liquorice
    Honey - Honey has minimal nutritional value & has the same calorie content as sugar.
    Soft drinks
    Tinned fruits
    Chutney
    Pickle
    bacon
    sausage
    cured meats
    ham
    fatty cuts of steak like T-bone & rib-eye
    Puddings
    Corn syrup
    Fruit juice - It's better to eat raw fruit instead of fruit juice because fruits contain more fiber and the juice will always contain more sugar than the actual fruit.
    Cake
    Bread made with white flour
    Soda pop, such as Coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc.
    All baked goods made with white flour
    Coffee
    Biscuits
    Fast foods
    Pasta made with white flour
    Canned fruits w/added sugar
    Most packaged cereals
    Alcohol can slow your metabolism down by 73%
    Potato chips
    Popcorn
    Cookies
    Ice cream
    Cakes
    Pies
    All deserts

How mean. You should have just not posted anything at all. If you don't like my list, why did you even read it?

Everyone on MFP is so mean. I thought we were all here for the same reason, motivations and supports. I'm feeling neither motivations nor supports.

That does it. I'm done with this thread.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options

*Row of smiley-faces with beer!*
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I know you cited the article you got it from OP, but I can't possibly trust an article that says I should avoid alcohol when studies have shown that a glass of red wine each day can improve your cholesterol numbers and reduce formation of blood clots. And some newer studies are showing that moderate amounts of coffee daily can have positive effects regarding Parkinsons' disease, type 2 diabetes and liver cancer.
    Option B: Maybe it isn't absolutely essential for your success that you don't eat any of the foods on this list. Perhaps I should have done some more reading first.

Depends on how you define "success." I suppose one way to define it would be to abide by the list & go to bed at night knowing you didn't put any of those toxic foods in your body. Not sure how happy you would be having deprived yourself of some of your favorite foods, & going to events where you can't control the food served might be a challenge, but have at it.

What this article does not address is the mental benefit of MODERATION. Convince me that eating some of these foods [/]sometimes[/i] is going to kill me, & I might consider avoiding them. "The foods you must STOP EATING RIGHT NOW..." is a little extreme. I don't like half the stuff on the list anyway, & the stuff I do like, I don't eat every day. I've still managed to lose weight & keep my sanity, which fits my definition of success.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    How mean. You should have just not posted anything at all. If you don't like my list, why did you even read it?

Everyone on MFP is so mean. I thought we were all here for the same reason, motivations and supports. I'm feeling neither motivations nor supports.

That does it. I'm done with this thread.

I look forward to your "I quit everything" post :flowerforyou:
  • jerknoir
    jerknoir Posts: 96 Member
    Options

http://exoticwhitepeoplefood.tumblr.com/
  • TrishLG
    TrishLG Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Sugarless candy, designed for diabetics, who once in a while want a taste of sweet go through you like a torpedo.
    I was doing an art show at a mall and bought some at the very nice candy store.
    Not a good day. An experience never to be repeated!
    After the cleanse, you get the opposite reaction. The torpedo just sits there for a week!
    The chemicals are worse than the sugar. Buy regular candy and gum and learn to discipline yourself.
    Others have succeeded. I am still working on it.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    LIES... its all lies..

I had cake and mall chinese food yesterday and still woke up with a loss today..

its not about what you eat, its about how much of that you eat, and then how much you move yourself around afterwards.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Jof, did that play out the way you expected? I myself was surprised by the amount of people who still thought you were serious even though you said you weren't on the first page of posts.
    Serious or not, there are newbies joining the site every day who believe everything they read. The article referenced in the original post was so poorly written, I'm not sure what kind of motivation or support was expected. Welcome to the internet.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Coffee?

lol