The foods you must STOP EATING RIGHT NOW...

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    Thumper's father has a few words of wisdom for some of you. I blame your parents.
    My parents taught me not to sit by silently while misinformation is being spread around. I have good parents. That eat a lot of sodium.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    OP, No one is bashing you! They are bashing the article for it's complete disregard for moderation of those things. To me, the article reads like something you would read in a fashion or tabloid magazine about how to drop 20lbs in a week. It's not sustainable and it sets people up to fail at dieting.

It's articles like these that truly make people fail because they read this and think this is the ONLY way they are going to lose weight. It doesn't offer alternatives at all. Why tell people what NOT to do instead of offering advice on what to do?

Again, OP, it's not you personally -- its the tone and content of the article you copied.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Don't tell me how to live my life.

I eat peanut butter and ice cream almost daily.

:grumble:

But...but....this list of facts says that's a bad idea.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    12045982_5483.jpg

^^Diet food
  • lodiloohoo64
    lodiloohoo64 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU AND AMEN TO THIS!!!!!!!
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    i do not understand.

it says no salted nuts, nor smoked nuts. what about unsalted, unsmoked nuts?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    That may work for some of you special snowflake people, but us regular people have to try different things to be successful...like search the internet for lists of foods we should/shouldn't eat.
    This only thing overweight people really need to STOP doing is OVER CONSUMING calories. Trust me when I say if you over consume "healthy food" calories, you'll still gain weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Um....I'd starve
    Thanks but no thanks
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    TL;DR
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    vijoyv.jpg
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    i do not understand.

What about salted AND smoked nuts?
  • OBXbound4me
    OBXbound4me Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Just break up...
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    "fatty cuts of steak like T-bone & rib-eye"

Haha yeah right. I live off rib eye when I can afford it and I'm losing weight like crazy. I have to substitute butter for my fat when I eat leaner cuts or I get bingey after a couple of days.

I actually do avoid most of the rest (I'll kill anyone who takes my coffee away, though), because it works very well for me.

Oh, and is it just me or did it miss a crucial piece of info on alcohol, namely those evil, evil alcohol munchies?
    Yeah I eat rib eye too. I find I can't eat more than 3oz of steak at one sitting anyhow. It boggles my mind at how restaurants serve 8oz steaks. Puke.

It boggles my mind that restaurants consider an 8oz steak a serving, when it's only half a serving! :)
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'll stick to eating those things in moderation.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i'm confused... it says to lose weight... but i think it's a typo... i think it's Lose Will to Live
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    i do not understand.

the plot, it thickens.
  • JannerTone
    JannerTone Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Read the list and decided that if left all of that alone..........I'd starve to death!............(eventually)
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Meh, I am not effected as there is nothing on that list I eat except for the occasional fatty cut of meat like steak and stuff lol.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    i do not understand.

the plot, it thickens.

You two seem very fixated on this particular item.

Did you not even read the other equally important things on that factual list of facts?
  • Naomi0222
    Options
    "Say it ain't so"